Show Me Your Cables!

thebes

Cables are like opinions, everybody's got at least one. I haven't noticed a whole lot of difference, but that's just my opinion. More interested in seeing the variety of stuff out their than any debate.

Brewed these up over the weekend, with silver wire kindly supplied by our own Rick, the 3DZapper. They really snap and crackle when I put them into a wall socket so they must have some other use.

So let's use up some bandwidth and post a few pictures of the fancy, the plain, whatever you have that you'd like to share.

rickswire.jpg

post-14801-13819264645298_thumb.jpg

Have tried other cables such as FMS, Signal Cables, Silver etc...but always had the same sound with them until I got the Purist Audio Musaeus Interconnects and Bi-wire cables.

They sounded nice on my Klf-30's, but I just sold them tonight, so now I am looking for different speakers.....

post-11521-13819264646378_thumb.jpg

tmc.jpg

http://www.the-music-cable.com/

I think I paid $80 for these from a friend who got them used off audiogon but decided to go the balanced route. I also got some interconnects from the same person very cheap. I would never pay high prices for cables but the tunes seem to flow through them ok. LOL. I couldn't image writing a review of speaker cables without laughing like I do at the ads in stereophile. Anyhow they seem to be very well made and look nice and apparently do some sort of shielding. I sort of think of them as short tethers for my Belles so they have to be strong enough to keep them from wondering off.

10.gif3.gif4.gif11.gif10.gif9.gif

post-15544-1381926465129_thumb.jpg

Here's some tips for cable management i've learned from experience.

I hear you should never let your cable drag on the carpet, that causes interference.

Oh, and the cable should be flexible and yet firm.. Most audiophile's agree, thicker is better when it's long.

if your cables get's wet, it can dry off quickly by airing them out or using a towel -- no harm done, just dont dry them too much or you can cause interference build-up in the dielectrics.

The tip of the cable is where it make's contact.. ok i'll stop here. I have a dirty mind 14.gif

-Joe

----------------

On 5/4/2005 7:21:01 PM thebes wrote:

Now that's a really pretty picture, the last one you idiots not the thongy thingy.
3.gif

----------------

No, no, that's not right. The thingy was in the thongy. I thinky?

----------------

On 5/4/2005 5:57:52 PM jt1stcav wrote:

DSCF0359_82.jpg"

From the amp to preamp:

*Cardas QuadLink 5-C

From pre to sources:

*Cardas CrossLink

Have also used MagWire Nakeds and MIT Terminator 2 interconnects...
----------------

Geezzz you spent more on cables then you did your amp and preamp 2.gif