ALK Cornscala with K401 or Trachorn

jwc

The 2 x 4 doesn't have to be perfect.  The fact you are sanding in one plane allows to keep those front edges "crisp" w/o rounding them off when doing by hand or "sander".

You get good at "walking around" to sand all around the plywood edges.

Easy install....realizing it is super snug.  A bigger driver in diameter than the DE10 as a tweeter won't work.

Also realize this is one of the very first series of La scala fastrac of Fastlane Audio.  I'm thankful for Dave including me on this first run..

So we have Fastlane audio's tweeter horn and Fastlane audio's mid horn that is an easy fit on Bob Crite's Classic Cornscala baffle board. 

post-14392-0-36320000-1445904010_thumb.j

post-14392-0-25800000-1445904027_thumb.j

It would seem that would be of benefit I guess.  These horns were meant for drop in for Klipsch heritage without any modification so that you can return to stock.

Since this is a DIY project, I guess I could do that or somehow modify to load from the front.  That is what I did on my previous Cornscalas.

• Moderators

That 2 x 4 with stapled-on sand paper can go all around the front without "rolling off the edges and messing up the crisp front. Just wrap around the sand paper and staple on. You later can add finer grit wrapped around the 2 x 4 just to the inside of the coarse grit. You get good with it with practice and go fast.

You should patent that. Some day I am going to read about some surgical instrument you invented. I hope you name your first one the Cullison-Funk _____.

Then, over time, you will here things in ORs like, "pickups, sponge, FUNK."

Edited by dwilawyer

JWC,

Looking very nice and I'll bet they sound pretty darn good too. I'm relatively new around here, what are those cabinets in the background with 2 woofers. Are those the DBBs?

Those aren't DBB's although I've had em'.

What you see are Klipsch KPT-684's