Feel Like Chillin

thebes

Friday night, weeks done, time to either crank it up or kick back.

Feel like kickin back tonight, chillin....sliding through the evening, enjoying a little of the early summer humidity and heat. A little sweat, a frosty beer and ease into dusk....

Way to early for Bary White but he's on the changer already..moods not quite right though...help me slide on into the night...

Oh yeah The Twins are in the house. Air conditioner broke and it's still in the high 80's. Halter tops, short skirts and bare feet. They like the heat though, stretch like cats with contended smiles on their faces.

Tough time of the year, in the winter, I've got them convinced they shouldn't go out in public without down jackets and mukluks (momma didn't raise no fool), but when it get's warm they rebel. Amazing how many of my male neighbors seem to find an exscuse to stop by as soon as the season changes.

Time to pop a cd, laid back you know, just chillin....

My wife and I just got back from a long hot walk to a nice cool house. Curtis Fuller And Hampton Hawes "With French Horns" just felt right for the moment.

Tomorrow is my neighborhood's annual yard sale. Folks were already setting up. I tried to get a jump on any vinyl or audio gear but the best I found tonight was some old Polka records.14.gif I'll be up bright and early scouring the neighborhood along with all the pushy, overweight, nasty redneck professional ebayers with their uhauls who invade our streets an hour before the sale begins every year.

Are we still on for Father's Day Marty?1.gif

Worst community yard sale I've ever seen. I dragged my lazy a#$ out of bed at the crack of dawn on a Sat morning to find one box of beat up LPs in the entire neighborhood. They had about 10 original Elvis LPs in mono but they were beat. No decent audio gear either. Oh well, got to meet a few new neighbors and get reaquainted with some others. Who needs to sleep anyway.5.gif

----------------

On 6/10/2005 7:34:54 PM garymd wrote:

Are we still on for Father's Day Marty?
1.gif

----------------

Marty,

It seems to me another forum member said he could come on Saturday but not Sunday. I'm up for either day and looking forward to it.

Larry

----------------

On 6/10/2005 7:34:54 PM garymd wrote:

I'll be up bright and early scouring the neighborhood along with all the pushy, overweight, nasty redneck professional ebayers with their uhauls who invade our streets an hour before the sale begins every year.

----------------

Damn!, You got some Okies up there too?2.gif

Well after chillin out my self right into an early night in bed, I too arose early this am to hit a local estate sale.

Sorry Gary, but I did a little better: Segovia, Charlie Parker, Cannonball Adderley, Dukes of Dixiedland, 4 Tops on Broadway, Josh White Chain Gang Songs, Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison, Roy Orbison, The Righteous Brothers, The Chieftans, Elvis live in Vegas, The Temptations Live at the Copa, The Animals, Songs from Pete Kelly's Blues with Peggy Leee and Ella Fitzgerald, and to top it off Herb Albert's Whipped Cream.

Sure we're still on but I didn't realize it was Father's Day so Saturday's fine if you would prefer. Plenty of toys to play with. Come one, come all but first:

back to chilin......

My son just returned from garage salin' with pristine Japanese pressings of Pink Floyd's Animals, Pink Floyd's A Saucer Full of Secrets (wow, what a trip listening to THAT again, after all these years!) and Mott the Hoople (pure dreck). 5 bucks for the lot of 'em.

'dreck' I had to look that one up LOL. I actually LIKE Mott the Hoople, not the smoothest rock voice, but lots of heart. You've got to like a band with a sense of humor like theirs- guitar player's stage name is Ariel Bender LOL

Sounds like the garage sales were good, bad, and ugly.

now about those twins...

Michael

----------------

On 6/10/2005 7:11:02 PM thebes wrote:

..."Feel like kickin back tonight, chillin....sliding through the evening, enjoying a little of the early summer humidity and heat. A little sweat, a frosty beer and ease into dusk..."

----------------

A lil' ditty called "Show Pony" from the Reverend Horton Heat should ease you into the evening, then maybe "Party Mad" from the same rockabilly band!5.gif

Now let's see those twins ease out of their sweaty halter tops and tiny skirts for a lil' evening fun...11.gif

There is rarely time for chillin when it comes to music here. But how about a little Jim Croce? Photographs, and memories. A little upbeat and a little chillin. I like it. Operator, I got a name, Photographs and memories, time in a bottle, I'll have to say i love you in a song, now that's chillin. Enjoy it if you got it.