OT: What you want for Father's Day?

mandi

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 6/13/2005 7:22:26 PM fini wrote:

I am openly begging for a hint of respect...

----------------

Give it up fini-

You reside in the ultimate male hell...

A house full of smart women..

You're lucky that they even let you fetch the daily paper!

Love Ya!

Happy Father's day to you!

And happy Family's day to the rest of yours!

1.gif

"OT: What you want for Father's Day?"

a father15.gif

My mother is so posessive he won't even come over my house to help me with anything.

My two older brothers got a lot of input and help restoring their houses in years past. They are 7 & 8 years older than I am. A water heater there, stripping walpaper & painting there, a new roof.... There was an on going joke between my brothers about who was going to get dad for the weekend. They've doen that for the last 15-20 years.

Now it's time I need the help and he's getting to far up there in years (now 72) and loosing some of his memory; mom won't let him come over (I'm really getting to hate that narcissistic woman). But what I'm hating most is that I won't be experiencing much quality time with my dad. If I just had the money and income to buy a house 15 years ago I truly think it would have been different.

I still don't have the money.

I would be happy with the new Eagles DVD as well....and am not too sure my dad will be around by the weekend...he has been on dialysis now for over 5 years, due to his diabetes mainly. He has had numerous eye surgeries, and quite a few to open his graft used for dialysis. He now has the circulation issues, and is a shell of the person he was. He made the decision a week ago Saturday to stop his dialysis this past Friday, and tonight was his last night at home with mom before he goes to the hospice tomorrow. His doctors said to expect it to take less than the week. He has stopped all other meds besides for pain and sleeping. We can tell he is worse today; very sleepy and not too talkative. It is especially hard for me to explain to our (just turned last Wed) 6 yr-old what is happening with 'her papa'. We thankfully have had the time to share laughs and shed many tears over this last week, and I admire the courage he has to let go and be free of pain and suffering any longer with his journey to a better place. Guys....give your dads a hug for me too....and cherish the special moments you have shared with them. Dad, we will all miss you terribly....

I'm with you R Cherry.

You know, I think it would be different if W had a son out pounding the ground. But no, he would do what his daddy did, pull strings and get his son a safe job here in the states. There is justice in the system, but its spelled "Just Us" and it takes money and political power to use it, the first Bush proved that.

I'll be thinking of the boys and girls who won't have a father this father's day due to this private war in Iraq.

Now before people jump in my _hit, I'm an Army Vet, served 6 years, 5 months and 12 days, I have earned the right to complain, and I have also earned you your right to complain. But you cant _itch if you haven't been in a troops boots.

Good night all!

My Dad's gone and I have no children, it's a non-holiday.

If you have a Dad- tell him YOU LOVE HIM if you can muster the strength. The only time I ever did this was at my dad's death bed and I've been sorry that I waited so long ever since.

Prayers to you, your Dad and family, mntnbiker. Stay strong for your family, there will be time for grief and healing later. We're here for ya buddy.

Michael

----------------

On 6/13/2005 8:50:24 PM IAmtnbikr wrote:

I would be happy with the new Eagles DVD as well....and am not too sure my dad will be around by the weekend...he has been on dialysis now for over 5 years, due to his diabetes mainly. He has had numerous eye surgeries, and quite a few to open his graft used for dialysis. He now has the circulation issues, and is a shell of the person he was. He made the decision a week ago Saturday to stop his dialysis this past Friday, and tonight was his last night at home with mom before he goes to the hospice tomorrow. His doctors said to expect it to take less than the week. He has stopped all other meds besides for pain and sleeping. We can tell he is worse today; very sleepy and not too talkative. It is especially hard for me to explain to our (just turned last Wed) 6 yr-old what is happening with 'her papa'. We thankfully have had the time to share laughs and shed many tears over this last week, and I admire the courage he has to let go and be free of pain and suffering any longer with his journey to a better place. Guys....give your dads a hug for me too....and cherish the special moments you have shared with them. Dad, we will all miss you terribly....

----------------

Oh, man, I feel for you, man. Hang in there. Father's Day it'll be 18 years for me. Still miss him like crazy. Blessings your way...

----------------

On 6/13/2005 11:41:37 PM fini wrote:

----------------

----------------

Oh, man, I feel for you, man. Hang in there. Father's Day it'll be 18 years for me. Still miss him like crazy. Blessings your way...

----------------

Mine's gone too...prayers and good thoughts...

Bill

----------------

....and cherish the special moments you have shared with them. Dad, we will all miss you terribly....

----------------

IAmtnbikr ... I missed your post as I wrote mine..... Prayers are with you....

I lost my dad 9 years ago from cancer. He is the one that got us all into water skiing, & the reason it has been a mandatory fathers day trip every year since.