New Klipsch due out in September

hightone

Those who attended this years Pilgrimage know all there is to know about what is going to happen come September. But we all promised to keep mum until then.

So far we're keeping our end of the deal and will continue doing so. Sorry.

Don't worry, there are very dedicated posters here that have been around long before me and we can't even tell them......

Sorry but at the Pilgrimage we were asked to keep it a secret, and since they are such a nice group and felt like family it has to stay a secret.

Sorry....

I guess that is reason enough to attend the Pilgrimage.

Only a few months longer!

Kevin

I want it to be a new Cornwall. Same drivers except built in the modern tall narrow deep configuration. I know they would be wider than a RF-7 but they would be so much narrower than old ones. That is a speaker I could get excited about.

Nuthin' wrong with an RF-7 - I'd seriously consider buying one - *if* it had a horn-loaded midrange, that is.

Then again, people would say it was just a rebadged KLF30.

Well...nuthin' wrong with a KLF-30...except for the few whose cabinets came unglued, that is - lol.

Seriously though, I'd certainly welcome a new RF series of three-way design with open arms because I just can't get myself to go for a speaker whose midrange is produced by a cone - even a "pretty" copper colored cone. It just doesn't sound right to me. It just doesn't sound like...well, like a Klipsch speaker. It sounds like a hybrid Klipsch, at best, instead.

As usual, this is all highly subjective and I'm simply stating my preferred cup of tea. Some guys really dig the two-way sound and that's okay by me.

I just hope Klipsch doesn't abandon their history of making speakers whose midrange and highs are produced by horns. As it stands right now, the Heritage series is the only line retaining that format and we all know how few of those they sell each year.

I don't want to ruffle any feathers with my next opinion, but I don't think an improved Heritage model will cause Heritage sales to take off. Why? Because it's almost impossible to find a dealer that's got them on display so the general public knows practically nothing about them to begin with. All they know is what they see, which is basically the Reference, Synergy, and multimedia models. In my opinion, those models and their successors are the real future for Klipsch. I just hope that their successors drop the two-way designation, or, if not, at least have a single horn capable of producing both the midrange and the highs while letting the cones simply reproduce the low frequencies.

Another hurdle for the Heritage series is it's basic cabinet design - they're simply too big and boxy for most peoples' tastes today. Tall and slim has been "in" for quite some time; boxy, refrigerator-sized speakers have been "out" for, what...about 18 years now? Maybe they'll make a comeback. Who knows? I wouldn't say it's 100% out of the picture. After all, Brady Bunch bell-bottoms and that scruffy, in-need-of-a-shower look came back and came back BIG. 2.gif

Guess I'll have to wait until September to find out what Klipsch has in store for us.

Or...I can simply walk in to a few dealers and query the salesmen. Yeah, save your jokes. But I'll betcha I'll eventually get some of the same info those who attended the pilgrimage got.

If I find anything out, I'll post it here. If not, there's always September.

-H2G

Do not tell me anymore, PLEASE!

I changed my mind, I like secrets....it is sort of like not knowing what you are going to get for your Birthday. If you knew ahead of time it would spoil the fun.

Besides, my RF7's are about to get new crossover job and I still look forward to that.1.gif

Mmmmmmm, I still have just under a year to trade up to whatever may be coming out.....if necessary.

Since I was not able to attend the pilgrimage, and since I have not bothered to ask anybody who WAS there, I will give my opinion of what we COULD expect this fall as far as the HERITAGE line is concerned. An asterisk (*) indicates the greatest possibility.

As for the Heresy(*): Since word has it that Klipsch now owns the tooling for the Electrovoice T-35 tweeter(Klipsch does not own that tool/ per Trey), we could see the Heresy have the K77M back in it again. Previously, since the demise of Electrovoice, the tooling had been bought up by a particular individual who farmed out the manufacture of the parts to different locations and had set-up a small cottage industry assembling the parts. This all increased the cost of the unit so much that in order for Klipsch to put it into the Heresy, it would have driven up the cost of a pair about $200 more than they currently go for new. At least a few of the engineers wanted the K77M back into the Heresy, so this is a good possibility now that Klipsch has the tooling.

Klipschorn(*): 2006 will be the 60th Anniversary of it, so we can expect something special there.

Belle Klipsch: The end of production of this speaker may be drawing nigh, see below under LaScala.

LaScala(*): There has been a move within Klipsch to come out with a finely-veneered version of the LaScala, that may or may not have a separate top section as on the current Belle (but most likely will have lines similar to the Belle Klipsch so that it more aesthetically matches the Klipschorn in center channel use). This could be in the works for introduction this fall. The advantages of this are obvious for center channel use with the Klipschorn, since both would share the same mid-horn lens.

Cornwall(*): Highly likely that the Cornwall could be put back into production, since the K77M would again be available at reasonable cost (see Heresy above)and since there could be demand for new ones.

Jubilee: I sincerely hope this is FINALLY gonna happen in a home version!

So there you have it, my predictions for this fall or a little later on.