Heritage gathering in Hope

Tony Reed

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Sorry we have to cancel, we had some bad weather. This was the first chance I had to say anything. We were looking forward to being there but their is no way now. Wife and I were going to come and not tell anyone where we were!

Things have changed.

We will be there next year for sure. See my post in "General Questions". Wish we could come and we hope everyone has a really great time. We couldn't go to the one in Indy, we were busy with work at the time.

All Right!! Just noticed the Holiday Inn Express here in Hope has wireless. It is 1:30 AM here and I think everyone has departed the breakfast room by now. Lots of good listening and crossover sniffing was done tonight.

Fini looks just like his avatar.

More tomorrow, I mean later today.

Bob Crites

Details of the crossover sniffing will be futher explained by a photograph and detailed instructions on proper sniffing techniques upon our return to the batcave.

The thunder that could have been stolen was replaced by a thunderous jack hammer right outside the listening room's window. The highlight of this event (so far) from a humor standpoint would have to be the bewildered looks on the faces of those present when the jack hammer was noticed as they tried to isolate which piece of equipment on the table was making that horrible racket before looking out the window at the local water and light crew.

Stay tuned, more details to come (after a midnight nap or two)!

--The other MDC

Well, it has been a very good trip so far. This may be the first forum mention of this, but we did have a tour of the factory. Started out with the museum at the factory then a full factory tour. We were walked through the manufacturing process for the heritage, reference and pro speakers. We also spent time in the lab, went into the anechoic chamber and did some listening to the new Heresy III, Cornwall III and Lascala II.

We also got to hear a "pair" of Jubilees. One of them was the home prototype and the other was an actual production Pro model with the 405 (I think) large format horn. The later was a "wow" experience for me. You can buy that one.

Thanks to Trey and the fine folks at the factory for this excellent tour.

Lots of pictures have been made of all the tour. I am sure that several will be posting them in the next few days.

Bob Crites

We have a little break here in Hope after lunch and I spotted an open computer at the Hotel, so here is an interim report on today's events.

I had no idea that we would be honored with a factory tour. After we toured the Klipsch Museum, Trey walked us over to the factory and we got to see the birthplace of our Heritage speakers. We saw a Khorn sitting on the workstation where it was being assembled, and partially completed Lascalas and Belles stacked near by. Much of the plant layout is dedicated to assembly of the cinema products, and the Reference assembly line was full of RF5s and RF7s in various stages of assembly. Seeing the operation really makes one appreciate the uncompromised quality of these hand-build speakers.

After a thorough tour of the factory floor, we went to the lab. Here we got to see the anechoic chamber (similar to the one in Indy), and then we were treated to a listening session hosted by Roy Delgado. The new Cornwall, Heresey, and Lascala were compared before the show turned to a thrilling exibition of the capabilities of the Jubilee. The Jubilee lives up to the hype!

Well, its time to get ready for the next event!

You just should have been here. We were treated to a tour of the Hope factory with Trey, Roy, Chris and company as guides. Thanks, guys. We've heard some great music on Klipsch speakers, and some of the attendees have new audio goals. We've had loads of fun, and look forward to sharing with you forum members. Many photos will soon follow. This has been a super Klipsch weekend.

SSH

WOW...... I wish I could of been there as you all know..

Not that any of it matters in this post topic but I was able to go to Bloomington, Indiana to watch in person Indiana University football last night where the visiting Kentucky Wildcats got their rears whipped by Indiana University Hoosiers 14 - 38. It was just an amazing victory and I was 99.9% into the game while it was being played out, but thinking of you guys before and after it for sure.

Going to Hope has always been a big dream of mine. I always wanted to go to Klipsch headquarters to do exactly what you have just done. (Meet n greet other fanatics to talk shop about our love of Klipsch Speakers, BS, and see just how everything is made. Just to take in where Paul W. Klipsch "dreamed a big dream" from his Indiana Heritage...and made good with that dream too.) Add a great tour guide like Ray Delgado and Trey Cannon........ I really hope all of you that were there, just realize how precious moments like this are. (I am not elevating them to Gods.. Just wonderful nice people, that open their hearts and knowledge to us fanatics..) I think you know what I mean.. THAT, is cool IMO.

I look forward to getting the "flavor" and seeing pics of the weekend from those that have been before and maybe some newbies too like Colterphoto1, who I am sure will eloquently describe it for us too. Next time if they do this again, if they pick an away game, I promise to do all I can to be there.

Roger

Roger,

I think when people get home from this trip and have time to get some pictures posted, you may find this to be an extremely well documented tour. I ran out of picture storage on my camera very quickly but most were better prepared that I was and should have lots of good pictures. I think some made attempts to upload pictures from the motel, but found that the internet service there was not up to the task of handling the large files.

Bob Crites

Bob,

There will be many posts from the attendees in the next few days. Trey,

Roy and the other Klipsch employees could not have been more welcoming

of our presence and the many questions we had aboput new and current

products.

My highlight was visiting the old lab and listening room which is now

filled with dozens of older Klipsch models as well as other horn

loudspeakers from other manufacturers. My last visit there was around

1979 when the lab side was filled with commercial and several home-made

testing gear and the listening side had a three channel Klipschorn/

Belle setup.

There was a rumor that a factory tour was planned but Trey and the

others kept it a secret until the last minute. The place is huge and

has to be seen to be believed!! Some of us will post some pix later.

Lee

Unless you have talked with Daddy Dee today, you may not know you

won the grand prize drawing Staurday night---a pair of Heresy IIIs !!!!

(We shoulda had a "you must be present to win rule""!!!)

Congratulations.

(Bob)...you may not know you won the grand prize drawing Staurday night---a pair of Heresy IIIs !!!!

Congratulations Bob on that grand prize pair of Heresy III winnings !!!!

Rock On,

Craig LeMay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------