What Are You Paying For Gas ?

sunburnwilly

USA gets very little oil from the middle east. surprisingly, we get most of our oil from canada, next i think is mexico or venezuela.

some far east countries like china are completely dependent on the mid east.

Saudi Arabia is third on the list of imports amounting to about 20% of the top five import countries from last year. Not exactly very little oil from the middle east. Plus, the price we pay is based on the world market, not just where it comes from.

to bigstewman, America has alot of oil coming from the middle east, why is that? It is rather smart of America cause its cheaper to refine the saudi oil hence light sweet, and its from the foreign country meaning you are not ripping the oil that america has out and when the middle east does dry up america still has a supply. The biggest supposed oil country - Russia. Most Canadian oil is non usable as it is in sandoil form which is not cheap to extract and refine. Mexico has big off shore oil, venuzuela is part of opec.

China is branching off to Africa and such to get their oil now. China does not have alot of oil.

According to the Energy Information Administration the latest stats released on January 16, 2007...

The top five exporting countries accounted for 70 percent of United States crude oil imports in November while the top ten sources accounted for approximately 89 percent of all U.S. crude oil imports. The top sources of US crude oil imports for November were Canada (2.065 million barrels per day), Mexico (1.462 million barrels per day), Saudi Arabia (1.444 million barrels per day), Venezuela (1.069 million barrels per day), and Nigeria (0.919 million barrels per day). The rest of the top ten sources, in order, were Iraq (0.589 million barrels per day), Angola (0.505 million barrels per day), Algeria (0.253 million barrels per day), Kuwait (0.253 million barrels per day), and Ecuador (0.243 million barrels per day). Total crude oil imports averaged 9.836 million barrels per day in November, which is a decrease of 0.296 million barrels per day from October 2006.

Canada remained the largest exporter of total petroleum products in November, exporting 2.584 million barrels per day to the United States, which was a large increase from last month (2.144 thousand barrels per day). The second largest exporter of total petroleum products was Mexico once again with 1.571 million barrels per day.

I was using hyperbole in my earlier post--quite a few people think that we're completely dependent on mideast oil. Is 1.4 million barrels from Saudi Arabia a lot of oil; sure it is. All I'm saying is that we get an awful lot of oil elsewhere. Yes Jay, Venezuela is part of OPEC, sorry for not being clear.

Not a problem...

The engine had the exhaust manifold (which is a 4-2-1 design) ported to match the gasket. Then I replaced the cat-back with a mild Borla design. It only gets full synthetic oil (Castrol Syntec). Has a K&N stock air filter replacement. The spark plugs are indexed to point the opening towards the intake valve. Plugs are also opened up from .040 to .042. Only gets Sunoco 94 octane. The tires air pressure was raised from 29lbs. front and 26 lbs. rear to 35 lbs. front and 33lbs. rear. BTW- I got over 80k miles out of the last set of tires (the car is rather light at 2,714lbs. using Goodyear RS-A's).

Biggest secret of all??..........cruise control BABY!!

Yeah Colt, that is almost as humorous to me as a Honda Accord with one of those clip on window mount American flags! Don't get me wrong I'm 100% Patriotic but I drive a German car therefore I would never run around with our countries flag on a foriegn car as it just seems all wrong to me[^o)]

Not only are the prices of gas crazy but I just did that fill up at Velero here for $1.89 Gal and it will be my last trip to that station as the pump and my receipt says I put 13.65 Gal in my Golf's 12. 5 Gal tank[*-)]

Yeah Colt, that is almost as humorous to me as a Honda Accord with one of those clip on window mount American flags! Don't get me wrong I'm 100% Patriotic but I drive a German car therefore I would never run around with our countries flag on a foriegn car as it just seems all wrong to me[^o)]

My Acura is more American than a some of what the big three put out. It's made at the same plant the Accord (Marysville, OH) and the only major foreign component in it is the transmission (accounting for 15% according to the window sticker). The biggest beef people have with it is that the profits from it go overseas.

$2.39 in Syracuse, NY today. You can find it cheaper but if you do the math just get it where it's readily available. Some peeps will drive out of their way to save 2 or 3 cents on gas when they're only getting 10 or so gallons.

My Acura is more American than a some of what the big three put out. It's made at the same plant the Accord (Marysville, OH) and the only major foreign component in it is the transmission (accounting for 15% according to the window sticker). The biggest beef people have with it is that the profits from it go overseas.

most american cars are made in mexico now.......

many german cars are built in america...... BMW Z4 and X5 are american made in South Carolina. Mercedes Benz ML and some others i forget are built in Arkansas. Volkswagen builds in mexico. etc etc this is because its cheaper labor in america as germany is 30 dollars minimum wage?

Honda and Toyota have big plants in America. Ohio and Tenesse I believe. Hyundai too....