OK - someone explain to me what these balls are...

maxg

I think but I do not know for certain...that they signify how many posts that individual initiated which have ended up being among those most popular. The more you have had in the higher percentile rankings awards you more (NOT BIGGER) blue balls. Maybe[8-)]

I think your on to something here

So nobody knows then - well I feel better for asking. With Ami being away we will have to wait for Trey to chime in with either an answer or a clue. I dont think it is indicative of post count as I noticed I have almost the same balls as Nosvalves and he has almost 3 times as many posts as me.

Damn that last line reads badly - but you know what I mean.

I wonder if it is some kind of ratio of posts in response to posts started perhaps?

Like Max, I'd sure like to know the reasoning for these damn balls. Frankly, I can't stand them myself, and I'd wish that Nate (Webmaster) would seriously consider removing them from the forums! They serve no practical purpose as far as I'm concerned, plus they look real stupid to boot! I'd rather have our old "title names" back (even if mine was "Answering Machine", which really never made much sense to me).

Ditch the balls![:@]

Stupid balls...

So, what happens after you've posted 5000 or more times and the last yellow ball appears, then what? Do more balls magically appear for more posts, does it just stop there, or do they go back to the beginning and start all over again (which I would imagine would defeat the entire purpose of having these dumb balls in the first place)?

I think we should start a petition to rid our great forum of these ridiculous balls. I don't care whether they measure a post percentage ratio or just look cool glowing under your avatar, I think they're obnoxious, heinous, and just plain ugly...they cheapen the appearance of an otherwise aesthetically pleasing forum (it's finally grown on me), so I elect to cast my first ballot on the removal of said colored balls entirely from the Klipsch Forums forever!

Who's with me?[:|]