Poll: Do you think U.F.O's exist?

travisc

Gil said: "2) In daylight, the was a thin dark line wavering along the lenght of the wing almost at the rear edge of the super smooth surface of the wing. It must have been some polarization set up by the separation of laminar flow. The plastic window must have had some polarizing effect. I was tempted to write to Boeing. I wonder if they use such to "see" the effect of airflow in flight."

FWIW Gil (and others), what you saw was the shock wave of the aircraft. As speed increases, that line would continue to move futher back until the point at which it goes behind the aircraft and BOOM!

As in sonic boom. Pretty cool, eh?

I too believe in UFO's. Not sure why life from other planets would wanna travel to earth, but hey.....some folks like to go on vacation to New Jersey. So go figure. [;)]

I will say that it's well documented (and undocumented) that astronauts have seen some pretty strange things they cannot explain. This includes factual evidence of "spacecraft" coming up to, pacing, and then rapidly leaving the shuttle. I've personally spoke to an astrounaut that was privy to an "event" like this and I can assure you he wasn't looking for notoriety nor was he some drummed out whack job.

Tom

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I think that there is life somewhere else in the universe? Absolutely. The odds are overwhelming that there is.

Do I think that any of this life has ever been here to earth.

Absolutely not. Not while we've been watching anyway. It's

absurd to think that there's some sort of international conspiracy

covering this up or hiding the facts. Countries can't work

together to solve simple problems...let alone keep a secret from 6

billion people.

The government continues to fund space missions looking for any type of life it can find anywhere "close by". I guess that tells you what they think is out there.

For me, I think Earth is a really hard place for anyone to find or stumble upon given the size of the universe as we know it. I think there is way more to all this "life" than the little we all know.

I don't think about it very much actually. In our lifetimes we'll probably never find out.

I'm so sorry about saying the earth is older than 5 K years. I didn't

mean to offend any one, but the truth is the devil made me do it.

[:D]

Really science, geology and carbon dating about sizes it up for

me. I know that doesn't work for everyone. It'd be rather boring if it

did. As far as seeing unexpained "things" from an

airliner...fighter pilots, and Astronauts have their

own unexplained sightings. Yeah it could be physics.

We don't know everything. For instance we do know there is a hell of a

lot more "dark matter" than the matter we see in the universe and

we know zip about it. Kinda like those damn Aliens..... LOL!!!

Forgive me, it's my nature...

Ok, science doesn't work for things in the past that can't be

replicated...but you mention science so show me what things you've seen

replicated in the lab (PM me if you want). Geology is full of circular

logic which isn't

exactly the best for of logic available, and carbon dating is

completely false and doesn't work on even the most fundamental levels

(got a fun lab experiment that shows this oh so well). And even if you

want to blindly believe in it, why in the world would someone create

the universe starting at age 0? And who gets to determine what exactly

age 0 is? For all we know, and science cannot contradict this, the

world was created yesterday in the exact shape and age of

yesterday....we of course know this to be false (do we really?), but

science can have no say in the matter. Or how bout another theory?

(which is why I bothered to chime in cuz of the relation to aliens...)

- for all we know we are some elaborate science experiment being

performed by aliens in a fake world...we're just ants in a kid's ant

farm. I bet watching the Earth from a 3rd person perspective would be a

most interesting and confusing experience.

(Btw, niether of these are valid theories because they are untestable

in the lab...this makes the whole theory of evolution and even

intelligent design entirely systems of religion with no hint of science

whatsoever - me? I like to choose the religion that requires less faith

to believe in it...)

Anyways, I don't believe we're going to find life on other planets

because of how specially tuned the Earth is to support life....not to

mention the way we define life would make it very easy for us to

overlook it. Specifically we're looking for water sources and carbon

based lifeforms...a rather narrow perspective if you ask me. Heck, we

even have trouble defining what is and what isn't life on our own

planet! gotta love the process of classification....it's so

sofisticated yet doesn't even work [:)]

Do UFO's exist? Yes, absolutely. I have no smidgeon of doubt about that.

Have they ever visited this planet? Seems unlikely. We're

way on the edge of a relatively empty section of a medium sized galaxy

in a small group pretty much far away from where the action is.

there are, like, 100 billion galaxies, each with roughly 100 billion

stars. And that's just the observable universe - inflation theory

allows for some interpertations where the entire universe outside our

cone of influence is, uh, really big. (Ten to the ten to the

twelth was one number I saw mentioned - units not specified but not

really important, whether angstroms or parsecs on that scale.)

The fact that life started here, or at any rate someplace whether here

or not, indicates that the probability of life coming into existance is

not zero. Given any fractional probability, no matter how

infinitessimal, the odds that it never happened anyplace else are so

ludicrously small that I can't begin to wrap my head around it.

Gil---I was stopped at the light at Congress and Columbus drive one night this summer and heard the Star Wars music blaring forth. I thought it was the kid in the car next to me at the light and I thought "what a wacko-spanko, Goddam Star Wars freaks are as bad as those Lord of the Rings dingbats".

Then a couple of blocks north I saw they were showing Star Wars in the park.

Now when I play loud movie music in my car it's Rosza or Newman. Goddam Ben-Hur freaks. I've been driving Linda nuts with the new Ben-Hur DVD, I play it just for the music.

The four alien bodies from Roswell ,New Mexico were flown to Wright/Pat in Ohio. HA HA. Well my skooba diving buddy and I were in the local slop shoot in Twinsburg, Ohio about 15 years ago and struck up a conversation with and old guy in ill health. His name was Mr. Ball and he lived in Hudson, Ohio. My buddy started talking about the diving test tank at Wright/Pat where they licensed divers at a 100 fit level. Mr. Ball said the tank was removed and that it was near the infamous hanger 18. Mr. Ball also said he had a top secret clearance and worked at Oak Ridge in World War II at the Manhatten Project. While visiting the base one day he was asked to witness an autopsy. He said OK and they took everything from him and dressed him in an all white suit. They carved up the 3rd alien body from Roswell and said the 4th was shipped to area 51. Mr. Ball died about two years later.

About 3 years ago I met and be-friended an hydralic salesman in Mcdonalds in Twinsburg and after a few months of bullcrapping the Roswell thing came up and we talked about Wright/Pat. He said he sells a lot of cyrognic valves to them and one day he casually mentioned something about aliens. A Captain came up to him and reamed his butt every which way. Then he found out that everything at Wright/Pat is underground and most of the stuff above ground was a ruse. He said he never mentioned anything about aliens again while at Wright/Pat. He had said to me that the captain implied that "very bad things" could happen his way". The latest "rumors" had 31 alien bodies and everything was shipped to area 51 which is all underground also. Addendum: While I was in the Navy off Gittmo Bay we were having a full blown gun excersize and during a lull the fire control radar picked up a large target at about 20 miles away. We locked on and it was motionless in the air for a couple of minutes. All of the stations were fully manned due to being in the middle of general quarters. It started to move toward our destroyer and then really started moving fast and we lost it when it travelled overhead. The computer revealed a speed of 1800 mph. This was in 1961. Oh well I guess it was a weather balloon.

JJK

Well its been over a day, most of us feel we are not alone. I agree with the odds theory, and that life surely exists on other planets. It is a matter of whether that "life" has intelligence or whether it is microbial goop.

My story takes place in my late teens. My GF and best buddy at the time used to like to climb up on the rooftops of the downtown area at night. There is an air force base nearby and you could see those huge c-130's or whatever they were all the time. When you see them they are slow and lumbering. One night we were on the roof tops and something very fast flew overhead. I was later to recognize it as the classic triangle of lights. If it were one of those c-130's it would of had to be very low due to the spacing of the lights. It went over our heads and out of sight in a matter of 10 seconds and not a sound was heard!! We all just stared at each other trying to figure out what we just saw. There is no way for me to tell how far over our heads this thing was because it was dark, but the lights were quite large and spaced apart to know that it wasnt a C-130 because it would have been right on top of us.

I dont know what it was and probly never will. But its appearance was just like the classic light triangle U.F.O. Anyway thanks for the stories guys and everyone else for contributing.

FWIW, I've worked at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base since 1976. We don't anything related to Aliens, and all of our work is strictly confined to Remote Viewing.

These Chupacabra biscuits, made in Kettering, Ohio, are a huge export item to Puerto Rico. Especially popular now that the recipe tastes more like fresh goat!

post-11993-13819272093768_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Yikes, Dee. That's one scary looking .... thing.

And OF COURSE there are UFOs!! Anything you see in the sky that you don't know what it is is an Unidentified Flying Object! Geesh, you guys!

[;)]