fed-ex strikes again

joessportster

i dont understand the world today, and i am only 40 years old. You pay money for a service and all you get are lies and excuses for failures to produce. i see it everywhere i go even at work. we have some down right bums there that wont hit a lick of work all night long and all the supervisors do is set back and pretend like everything is as it should be. as long as the inspection forms are signed and the train rolls all is well. now to fed ex

craig was returning my amp after a check up and it was scheduled to be delivered today, i slept till probably 3:00 pm (worked all night) and no amp here yet soon enough it is 6 pm and still no amp now after dealing with these brain dead gorillas in the past i know im not getting my amp today so i call customer jokes(serv.) and get the standard bullsh#t drivers are out till 8pm so i try to be nice and say ok thanks, check the internet tracking again at 7:15 and the lyeing bastard of a driver shows the package returned to the terminal with a note no one available to sign, or business closed (WHAT A CROCK OF S#$T)

had the wife here all day besides me sleeping not 10 feet from the front door, checked with the neighbors no notes taped to any doors etc..., call customer service again and all i get are more excuses, but they will email the manager at my local terminal and try to get my amp delivered early tomarrow (beleive that when i see it)

THIS COUNTRY NEEDS AN ENEMA!!!!!!!!!! (to maybe flush at least half the lazy, tree hugging, procrastinating,dead beat, do nothing liers down the crapper where they belong)

This is not the attitude that built this country into the nation it is today but i can sure be the one to destroy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just my 2 cents i needed to vent

Joe

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's happened to me before. If they don't have time to get to your place, they just say nobody was there to sign. Unfortunately, that's standard practice for these bozos. Nothing worse then waiting all day for something that never shows then being blatently lied to. I feel your pain Joe.

If I'm having something delivered on a Monday I'll usually be a fly in someone's ointment and go down to the UPS hub (like I'm not supposed to do) and pick it up straight out of the truck.

I did this this past Saturday because it was supposed to rain/snow and even though I would have left a note to leave the box in the garage on the supplied skid/pallett there was absolutly no garantee the driver would have done so to protect a mint McIntosh MC252.

i thought i had seen it all until this happened. our property is very rural (no neighbors) and consists of 21 acres of dense hardwoods. its a corner parcel with frontage on 2 differant roads. our cabin is back from the road about 1200 feet. one end of our driveway is on one road the other end on the other road. delivery trucks can back in from the road but its pretty tricky. most drivers park out at the road and bring deliveries back with 2 wheel hand truck. during hunting season there are always vehicles parked along the shoulder of the road. about 3 years ago a fedex driver put a package in the back of a deer hunters pick up truck. the tracking number showed package as being delivered. because the pickup had a cap the hunter didnt notice the box until he got to work 2 days later. i was very fortunate that the hunter contacted me. the package contained a 700.00 receiver. the driver still works for fedex.

i see it everywhere i go even at work. we have some down right bums there that wont hit a lick of work all night long and all the supervisors do is set back and pretend like everything is as it should be. as long as the inspection forms are signed and the train rolls all is well.

I agree Joe. Most of the people in the job market today are lazy, expect too much money for there service and don't perform to a level that is expected. If you fire them,,,you just get a lawsuit thrown in your face because THEY were incompetent. I say give them all a push mower and a paper route and tell them to earn money the old way. Spoiled rotten brats.

My FedEx heart attack came one day when I'd arranged to be home for the delivery of a pair of Mark III amps, rebuilt from the chassis up.

FedEx is a no show, so I go on line and to my surprise it shows "delivered". I think well, maybe they left it at the front door. I was concerned because I knew signature was required and as yet, the signature scan hadn't been included in the system update.

A couple of hours later, yep, you guessed it. "my" signature is in the system sure as life. I think "how could this be?"

I call FedEx help, they say they don't know what to make of it, check with my neighbors.

Three hours later, there is a duplicate tracking number showing up as package at depot.

The driver did make it the next day. To this day, I don't know what happened. The only thing I can think of is that the driver signed for it himself. I don't know if it was on the truck the whole time or if it had been dropped off at the wrong house. Don't know what to make of it.

What I have learned is that w/o signature confirmation, you are SOL. Even with signature confirmation you may still have trouble, but at least one could contest the validity of the signature.

Not everyone is lazy in the workplace that is young....I was told by my

managers that I need to slow down and such. I used to walk atleast 10

miles a day in a retail store making sure the stuff in the back comes

out to the front in under 2 minutes. Seriously my parents did not

believe me and my father even gave me a step counter. I passed 20000

steps maybe thats why I needed new pairs of shoes by the end of a month

[:$] they looked like Forest Gump's shoes hahaha

I had this very same situation happen to me but as it turned out it wasn't the shipping companies error. The person shipping (one of our Forum colleagues) shipped multiple items to multiple people on the same day with the same vendor. He then provided each of us with our tracking information. Well mine was tardy in coming and I checked the sight which showed a delivery some days earlier. I had nothing and there's nothing in the bushes or with the neighbors.

Turns out that I was given someone elses tracking number and the vendor sight did not specifiy where it was delivered to. My goodies arrived in a few days and all was well.................

I used to work for UPS. The stories are endless. This is on of my favorites.

A driver goes to deliver pkg on a rainy day fall day. Front porch is soaked, no signature required. Driver makes the effort to check the back door. There is a deck but it is wet to. Decides to put the pkg in the gas grill (you see where this is going) and leave a note as to where the package is.

Home owner never sees/gets the note, check on pkg they are told it was delivered and left on back porch/door. UPS has codes for various drop off locations (front door, back door, neighbor, etc.) BBQ is not one of them. Frustrated user files claim with Patagonia or who ever the clothing shipper is. They send a new shirt at no cost to buyer. Next spring home owner fires up the grill with start button and does not bother to open the lid. They find their long lost package in short order in flames, a little on the medium well side.

Very few of the millions of pkgs a day gets damaged...but some do get damaged, lost, misdelivered, put in a pickup of a hunter (I like that one DD). I am sure you guys never make a mistake at work, good for you....still I feel for Joe, that does stink when you are waiting all day/week/month for something and it does not get there when expected. I am sure it was worth the wait now that it is over Joe.

Reading these stories makes me wonder If I should ever trust UPS or Fedex in delivery anything I plan to purchase on ebay. A lot more electronic items are sold out of the US than within Canada, and hence Fedex and UPS are the primary choices. There are several nightmare stories of the hidden brokerage fees that they charge, when my speakers came I paid $16 short of the speaker's value in hidden brokerage charges :S Nobody at UPS could answer how they calculated it.

In my experiences with both FedEx and UPS, I haven't had a problem. I won a pair of KG 3.2 speakers on ebay about a year or so ago, and shipped from California to Texas...both speakers arrived in the pristine condition they were sent. I also ordered a metal DDR dance pad which was shipped UPS, and it arrived intact as well. But of course, depending on what is shipped and how far it has to go....your milage may vary.

Your best bet is to emphasise to the seller that they take extra care and make sure doubly sure they package them well. Be sure all sides are protected. Dumping styrofoam peanuts on top of it in a big box is not enough. Entrusting the UPS/FedEx/Generic store clerk to pack and box it up it for you is just asking for trouble.