BestBuy doesn't deserve to sell Klispch!

RTTR

I'm so fed up with all 3 of my local BestBuy stores, heck, I'm fed up with all BestBuy stores, they don't know anything about properly hooking up the systems they sell and makes Klipsch sound like crap, I went there with a buddy today to look at LCD TV's and while I was there I wanted to give the Sub-12 another listen, to my amazement it's just as badly setup as the rest of my local stores, Not to mention the F-3s at the store I went to today, had the drivers punched in and the grill cloth half torn off, makes me mad to see that, the Sub-12 distored like mad even at low volumes. I wanted to give the Quintet III system a listen, oh wait it's not even hooked up, just throw on a shelf next to the no name brand speakers.

I know that selling Klipsch at a place like BestBuy probably helps sales and marketing, but something has to be done about their knowledge about setting up home theater equipment.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in New Jersey and guess what I live next to 5 bestbuys within 30

miles.... They all have bad klipsch sections. Not one had a working

set! Also at one the quintets were held on a overhead grid to show off

the surround sound and it literally dangled from the speaker wires....

Best Buy 232 E. Washington St, Indianapolis IN....Fully working Klipsch F-3 display, fully functioning Klipsch Speaker Room, Fully functional (and only) SLX system w/ Sub-12 mounted on wall with Samsung Plasma. Boo Yah! lol sorry, just gotta say not all stores are the same.

Hmmmm... Klipsch is located in Indy, your best buy is in indy. See the corrilation? [;)]

Best Buy 232 E. Washington St, Indianapolis IN....Fully working Klipsch F-3 display, fully functioning Klipsch Speaker Room, Fully functional (and only) SLX system w/ Sub-12 mounted on wall with Samsung Plasma. Boo Yah! lol sorry, just gotta say not all stores are the same.

Hmmmm... Klipsch is located in Indy, your best buy is in indy. See the corrilation? [;)]

I was just about to say that.

How many times have a I talked to a Klipsch rep since they have been a part of Best Buy??? 2 times and Im full time in the dept and have been there for over 4 years. The only reason why is because we all love Klipsch at our store. We all enjoy Klipsch, or JBL. But Klipsch doesnt say anything about our displays other than an older guy comes in like once a month from a third party and complains that the Klipsch wall doesnt work because the CD was over.....I own a C-2, Im apart of this forum, my coworker owns an entire f-2 set-up. Lol, also we are pretty much considered the best looking store in Indiana, or let alone of the best in our Region. Its all in how much the HT cares about their displays....only thing is that we will eventually get rid of our speaker room....sadly....its the best place we have to demo.

Oh I wonder why? I bet the HT's at the Best Buy stores in both Indy and Hope are set up right? Wow, imagine that! [;)]

• Klipsch Employees

If the BB stores in Indy are par then BB has a long way to go before they are up to "snuff".

I have never seen a store (on the north side) that the system works.

The one with the Mag HIFI inside did all they could to talk me out of Klipsch and into the ROOM WITH THE GOOD SPEAKERS.

their support needs help as well.

None of which makes me happy.

(there is not a store in Hope)

I was in our local BB store last Friday. I witnessed a salesman make a Klipsch Synergy Sale. The speakers were loaded up and ready to go to the cashier up front. I stopped to listen to some of the conversation and I heard the salesman tell the buying customer that a person would have to spend over $10,000 to get a better pair of speakers. While I like Klipsch speakers in their price range, I shook my head and walked away. It made me feel kind of dirty, hearing his sales pitch to a customer.

Needless to say, I was not impressed.

Went to the local BB two weekends ago because my cd player craped out,

so I needed a new one. First stop though, was the aisle with the

Klipsch display. Speakers maybe five feet apart and the "try out

the various configurations" gizmo is, of course, not working. Since BB

started carrying the line I have been in all of our local BB's numerous

times and have only once had the Klipsch display up and running.

Ended up in their new whatchamacallit hi-end video/stereo shop to try

out some Denon DVD players. Listened to two, only a midge

difference between the $130 and $350 so bought the $130. While

the salesman was setting up the players listened to another saleman

demoing some speakers for HT using a cut from Kill Bill. Very

impressive except the balance was off. Pointed it out and immediately

the salesman butters me up by calling me an audiophile. Asked if

they had any tube gear and he looked at me like I was from Mars. Nobody

outside of the small stoers is selling anything but HT oreinted sound

these days. No getting around it.

Klipsch needs to be either in the new whatchamacallit setup or call it

a day as far as BB goes. They can't be making much int he way of

sales and it's got to hurt their reputation.

Klipsch needs to be either in the new whatchamacallit setup or call it

a day as far as BB goes. They can't be making much int he way of

sales and it's got to hurt their reputation.

Being that they are sold at Best Buy is hurting their reputation as it is, in my honest opinion.

+1 for Thebes. Klipsch needs to be displayed in HT. It's where all the sales are being made.

-1 for nobody blaming Klipsch.

BestBuy is a god-send to Klipsch. Unfortunately, BestBuy does not stay on top of the displays like it should. So, what's Klipsch to do? Demand BestBuy to conform? Good luck. That ain't happening.

So what do you do if you are dying to sell your wares in the "God of All Ware Stores" but the stores will not keep up displays?

I'd say you hire some folks who do nothing but tend to those displays.

If the cost is a concern, you try it in a couple of metropolitan areas and see if it makes a difference in sales. If it does not despite good displays, displays turn out not to affect sales so much. On the other hand, if it makes enough difference to justify the added payroll expense, there you go.

I was product display psuedo manager at the apple store...... Actually

at that store they kept visuals of how the store should look to a

high degree. I recieved the job after the manager of product display

moved onto a job at mtv. But I kept the store as neat and tidy as

possible. Most stores do night or morning checkups I did it every

thirty minutes. Heck when we had a region checkup with all the higher

bosses the store looked exactly like the mock up store to the T! the

only problem was they came while store hours soo...... the problem was

and always will be the customer! [:o] that is because they tend not to

care where they place the item back blocking the item behind it. Also

we made sure people did not walk away with certain items, securing

them, making sure that certain items were placed accordingly...... etc

etc it was a check the store every 10 minutes sorta job though I was

soo fit then, I had a pedometere and I clocked an average 15000 - 20000

steps a day! No wonder I needed new sneakers every month! Also I had to

know what we had in the back so I would run back and forth all day.

• Klipsch Employees

+1 for Thebes. Klipsch needs to be displayed in HT. It's where all the sales are being made.

BestBuy is a god-send to Klipsch. Unfortunately, BestBuy does not stay on top of the displays like it should. So, what's Klipsch to do? Demand BestBuy to conform? Good luck. That ain't happening.

So what do you do if you are dying to sell your wares in the "God of All Ware Stores" but the stores will not keep up displays?

If the cost is a concern, you try it in a couple of metropolitan areas and see if it makes a difference in sales. If it does not despite good displays, displays turn out not to affect sales so much. On the other hand, if it makes enough difference to justify the added payroll expense, there you go.

BB has a 3rd party train and work on their displays...

Your idea is a good one. It could be kind of like the bread man at the food stores. Face and stock the display every 2 days or so.

One would think that each store would have "that guy" in house each day making sure the store looks as good as it can.

I will forward that idea to our BB rep.

We all know that BB is not the best place to demo audio.

But, for the record...Klipsch is the largest seller on avg. in audio across all the stores.

We are doing good there.

"We all know that BB is not the best place to demo audio.

But, for the record...Klipsch is the largest seller on avg. in audio across all the stores.

We are doing good there"

That speaks well for the quality and reputation of Klipsch. Despite BB.

Rick

I remember some companies would do random inspections (mystery shooper)

that would enforce the contract and keep displays in order. If the

product was broken or not represented then that individual store is

subjects to fines or infractions.

You can hire me for the tri state area [:)]

BB has a 3rd party train and work on their displays...

Your idea is a good one. It could be kind of like the bread man at the food stores. Face and stock the display every 2 days or so.

One would think that each store would have "that guy" in house each day making sure the store looks as good as it can.

I will forward that idea to our BB rep.

We all know that BB is not the best place to demo audio.

We are doing good there.

As long as we're on the new idea theme, another thought I've always had is that if you want to sell high-end stuff, you better crank it for the customer. That applies to all audio equipment.

So many times, I've been in stores where either there's a listening room, and they still won't crank it, or there's not a listening room.

It's kind of like this. I remember back in 1990, I was moving to Austin into an apartment, so I listed my drums for sale. A mom and her kid came to look at them. They were the first to come. Hmmm.... not a real big set. Bing... bang.... bing... They tap on each drum. They don't know what to think (that's the important part since this is true when auditioning most hi-fi on display in stores). How do you know what to think when you don't get to hear them the way you would want to hear them?

It's obvious to me they don't know what to think, so I offer to sit down and play a song. They say "sure," so I put in Chicago's "25 or 6 to 4" and jammed to it. As soon as I was done, the drums were sold - and to the first customer that came by.

Hi-fi sellers should follow the same approach. How do you tell Klipsch apart from Bose, Pioneer, etc. without letting 'em rip?

There should be a listening room with a sign that says "Crank Me!"

If BB wouldn't do it, I'd consider asking BB to let me pay for the cost of putting in the room - just build the studs and sheetrock it in, add a door, etc. Of course, if I had to pay for it, I would ask that only my equipment be put in there with the "Crank Me" sign. I realize it could be a long shot since space is a valuable commodity, but a "Crank Room" would help sell the heck out of Klipsch.

Good point about the 'Crank Room', Jeff. Back in the 70's when I bought my Heresys, the dealer (Bill Case Sound, San Antonio) had a crank room. They played the Heresys with some big 300W/ch amps real loud and clean at concert volume. At that point I had never heard anything like that before. Although my intent was not to play that loud, it did convince me that the littles H's would do me fine for years to come (turned out to be 25 years!).

Pauln