Initial impressions of Crites tweeter in Vertical Cornwalls . . .

Allan Songer

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been difficulties over the years with Paul being given a couple of time-outs, detentions and finally escalating to a suspension, to follow the education analogy.

Just as well you left out the spankings or certain individuals would try to get in trouble themselves.

Tart Tartin

Large Apples (Red Delicious or Granny Smith) and 3 Peaches

1/2 Cup of Sugar

1 Tsp Butter

1 Tsp Vanilla

8 OZ Puff Pastry Sheet (you can find this in the refrigerated section of the grocery store)

Heresy! You don't make a Tatin with red delicious or Granny Smith!!!

You need Boskoops or reinettes.

I'm curious about this modelling clay business. There's a fair bit of anecdotal evidence on this and other forums about the relative merits of damping horns. Personally, I can't see how the liberal application of such damping material could benefit the sound for the better. If the designers thought there was some merit, would they not have included this procedure in the original design?

Some loudspeaker designers actually include various methods of damping in speaker cabinet construction. One manufacturer that comes to mind is Harbeth. This manufacturer applies carefully calculated quantities of damping to thin walled cabinets to create a 'lossy' cabinet - one that works with the actual transducers to create the sound that the designer is after.

Perhaps applying damping material to a horn MAY work, but there would need to be some careful experimentation to determine the appropriate damping required for the best sound. I don't doubt that liberal damping will change the sound - but will it be for the better?

You're walking on treacherously thin ice, Edwin. Talking about modeling clay in these parts means trouble.

you should lighten up on Amy

she's got an unenviable job

and it doesn't help when guys

like you peck away at her

Your flattery plan here is transparent.

forgetaboutit, flattery has nuthin to do with it. treating her like crap is just low class. go ahead and throw a snide remark now... it's your cue

A lady approaches her priest and says, "Father, I have a problem. I have two female talking parrots, but they only know how to say one thing."

"What do they say?" the priest inquires.

"They only know how to say, 'Hi, we're prostitutes. Want to have some fun?'"

"That's terrible," the priest exclaims, "but I have a solution to your problem. Bring your two female parrots over to my house, and I will put them with my two male talking parrots whom I taught to pray and read the bible. My parrots will teach your parrots to stop saying that terrible phrase, and your female parrots will learn to praise and worship."

"Thank you!" the woman responds.

The next day, the woman brings her female parrots to the priest's house. His two male parrots are holding rosary beads and praying in their cage. The lady puts her two female parrots in with the male parrots, and the female parrots say, "Hi, we're prostitutes, want to have some fun?"

One male parrot looks at the other male parrot and exclaims, "Put the beads away. Our prayers have been answered!"

Two jazz musicians who haven't seen each other for some time meet late one night in a jazz club. "Hey man," says one, "I hear you recorded a CD."

"Yeah, that's right, man," replies the other, "It was released a few months ago."

"How much did you sell?" asks the first.

"Oh, just the house and the car."

Two

jazz musicians who haven't seen each other for some time meet late one

night in a jazz club. "Hey man," says one, "I hear you recorded a CD."

"Yeah, that's right, man," replies the other, "It was released a few months ago."

"How much did you sell?" asks the first.

"Oh, just the house and the car."

...and the drummer is silent.