What a trip... LS at last

Marvel

I have been on here since 2001, and working to build or buy a pair of LaScalas. Had quite a few offers over the years, and most of them were very well priced, but I could never swing it. I was pleasantly surprised when my son bought me a pair of Heresy IIs a while back, so they have been filling the bill quite nicely.

Recently, a newer member (EVGuy) acquired some KHorns, and said he would part with his '86 LS. Gee, they are in northern Ilinois, and I'm in Georgia. But... due to some possible medical issues with my mom (age 83!), I decided to drive my youngest back to college at the end of Spring Break, and head over to Wisconsin to visit my mom. EVGuy was only about a half hour out of my way. So I left home this past Sunday, drove to Valparaiso, Indiana, and then over Northwest Wisconsin. Spent some time with my mom and did some things for her there. Headed back down to Iliinois and met up with Bernie at his house out where it's FLAT!!

I placed a piece of particle board in the back of the Blazer, to provide a smooth surface over the folded down seat backs, etc. Placed a blanket on top and the LS slid right in. Nice.

Also paid a visit to a high school buddy I had not seen since 1974. He and his wife live about another 20 minutes back towards Chi Town. Had linch with him and saw the Opera House in Sandwich, where he lives. That's a whole other story.

After picking the LS up at Bernie's at 8:30 Thursday morning, meeting the friend of mine, I headed home. Made it safely home about 3:30 am.

The sad thing is, the LS are in the car until Invidiosulus gets home from work tonight to help me unload them.

There will be pics, and all the other info, yada yada...

Bruce

Marvel,

For me that would certainly be worth the trip and extra effort to get them. The LaScalas are one of my favorite looking Klipsch speakers. Waiting to get them unloaded would have me as excited as a kid on Christmas eve.

Pictures would be GOOD!

I have been on here since 2001, and working to build or buy a pair of LaScalas. Had quite a few offers over the years, and most of them were very well priced, but I could never swing it. I was pleasantly surprised when my son bought me a pair of Heresy IIs a while back, so they have been filling the bill quite nicely.

Recently, a newer member (EVGuy) acquired some KHorns, and said he would part with his '86 LS. Gee, they are in northern Ilinois, and I'm in Georgia. But... due to some possible medical issues with my mom (age 83!), I decided to drive my youngest back to college at the end of Spring Break, and head over to Wisconsin to visit my mom. EVGuy was only about a half hour out of my way. So I left home this past Sunday, drove to Valparaiso, Indiana, and then over Northwest Wisconsin. Spent some time with my mom and did some things for her there. Headed back down to Iliinois and met up with Bernie at his house out where it's FLAT!!

I placed a piece of particle board in the back of the Blazer, to provide a smooth surface over the folded down seat backs, etc. Placed a blanket on top and the LS slid right in. Nice.

Also paid a visit to a high school buddy I had not seen since 1974. He and his wife live about another 20 minutes back towards Chi Town. Had linch with him and saw the Opera House in Sandwich, where he lives. That's a whole other story.

After picking the LS up at Bernie's at 8:30 Thursday morning, meeting the friend of mine, I headed home. Made it safely home about 3:30 am.

The sad thing is, the LS are in the car until Invidiosulus gets home from work tonight to help me unload them.

There will be pics, and all the other info, yada yada...

Bruce

Congrats, you deserve it.

Bruce,

I'm so happy you ended up with the LaScalas. I wanted them to go to a forum member, I just assumed it would be someone a little closer, but I know they went to the right guy. It was certainly a pleasure meeting you finally and I'm looking forward to your reviews.

Bernie

I couldn't wait! I had another piece of the particle board, so I backed up to my front door and used the second piece as a ramp. Slid them into the living room on another blanket.

The tubes are in the bedroom system since that is where Barbara and I lived for the last three months of her life. I'll move the tubes out to the living room soon, so for now they are hooked up to a.... Sony receiver. The bass is fine. I new it would be. These are straight up. Bernie took all of his mods back out [:(].

This has AL crossovers with the zeners and the sqaure magnet tweeters. Since I'm a cheap guy, I'll probably build some of John Albright's models (or the ones Dean based off of the design. Metal mid horn.

Nice, but again, I knew they would be.

For being 20 years old, I think they are in great shape. The lacquer is a bit dried out, with the little splits in it that you can get over time. But I'm in no hurry to do anything to them. They even sound great on the Sony. [:D]

Not a lot of placement options for me, as the room is packed. It would be major to rearrange. I may build some risers to try out the bass extension that I've been promoting for so long but never done myself. Too much else to do this summer though. Still...