Cornwall III's...I can't believe I just ordered a pair

Heideana

So I got off the fence about RF-83 vs. Cornwall III's for studio/music room after talking with Klipsch Support and ordered a pair of the Cornwall's in cherry laquer...it seems the Cornwalls essentially have pro audio components which will deal with my keyboard when their used with it recording and practice. Also, my room size of 12 x 16 will do better with the Cornwalls since they can be placed anywhere and are a better match to my tube amp. I was worried a bit about the RF-83's in a room of this size, as my RF-7's were too big and underpowered by my tube amp and I didn't want to repeat that mistake.

I can't express who nervous I am, as the Cornwalls are fairly expensive. [:o] I think I got a good price on them at $1575/each. Is that about what other folks are paying for them?

Thanks to all who answered by previous queries while I was trying to decide which to go for! Unfortunately, there isn't a Klipsch dealer in San Francisco that has both to listen to side by side...

Thanks all for the words of confidence in my decision!

I got them thru a local dealer in San Francisco. Its' a Pro Audio store that specializes in studio and HT stuff...their just starting to get into Klipsch and I was really happy with the discount I got on an RC-7 I got awhile back (it was about $200 less then Goodguys, who was the San Francisco Klipsch dealer before going out of business.).

Without doubt, your decision may have been an expensive one, but one that will save you big $$$ later. The inevitable losses you would have made if you first bought the RF83's and then upgraded to the Cornwalls have been totally negated... Well done.

I'm hoping in the next few weeks, which should give me a bit of time to get things shifted around in my music room. I can't wait to see how the low end of various Hammond B3 simulations from my keyboard sound, especially with Leslie simulations.

Thanks again gang for pulling me over to the "Heritage" side for my music room. It's like going back to being young when most of my serious music listening was thru La Scala's...[8-|]. I pity my poor neighbors' when they do arrive...first there's Electric Ladyland, then there's Blind Faith, then a bit of dark Scando jazz, then maybee some Weezer....