1967.5 Miles From Tigar, OR to Broken Arrow, OK

Gilbert

The guys starting price is $1800, and no ones bid on them yet. Probably due to the fact that it's a pick-up only item.

$1800 for those, would be a very good deal. But through in another $600-$700 for bringing'em home.

Yea, I think I got things squared away today. The guy (Sam) at the nut and bolt place never recieved my email. He said it was spammed out. Anyway, I emailed it to his personal email account, and he said button head torx was not problem.

I will know for sure tomorrow, and Mary should have them by the middle of next week. The plates for the amps will take 3 wks to complete, before they go to Jay, in Raleigh, NC.

All the way baby, all the way.[;)]

"BTW, are those K-600 horns that the Belle's used? Same as the Corns? All this time I thought they used the same as the Scala and K-horn."

No, Chops. The Belles used their own unique mid-horn, the K-500. Slightly shorter than the K-400, and with a mouth not as tall as the K-400. But the K-500 was longer and a bit more open than the K-600.

In my experience, the K-500 sounds a bit more compressed than the K-400. But, I preferred the K-500 to the K-600 from the Cornwalls/Heresy.

I was able to achieve pretty decent performance from my K-500s using a pair of ALK seniors with my main Belles. That being said, I ended up yanking mine and going with Trachorns anyway - whole different world.

Carl.

Same Testor but different Inspectors! I wonder if it's the Inspectors that write the Type and Model on the tag because the writing is obviously different on the type and serial lines!

I only say this because they are consecutive serial #'s but written in different print[:o]

I would think Walnut Oil would be right since it is on the type line instead of the serial line[:^)]

Gilbert,

Those are very nice. At 1800, I suppose would be a very good deal... considering that sometimes single MINT Belles can go for $1500.

There is a reserve price, though, if it is anywhere close to the BIN, finding a buyer would be a challenge, IMO.

Vett67.....Frizin is my brother in law. His are very nice, I've seen them, but if I am to settle for with a black grill cloth, the veneer (even these custom professionally done jobbers) must be special. I love the pie slice logos on these, but doubt they're original for 78.

But the veneer this guy has on them is very nice indeed. I sent him an email to see if he'd be willing to hold them for a month. It will take me that long to get things in order where I could afford to make the trip, and not miss too much work.

Have not yet heard back from the guy though. Oh well, sooner or later my pair will come. And when it does, there will be a cornwall sale, since I'll have to thin out my herd.

It is a "zero" and not an "O" so 0L314 is a legitimate S/N.

Mine are only 1583.4 miles from Gilbert, saving him 384.1 miles of driving. Plus those will need networks, new wiring and spade lugs, and those old spring terminals K-55V's reworked on top of the end of auction totals, transporation and fuel costs. Cha-ching!

I bet his reserve is around $2500 where mine should probably be. Maybe I should sell my rear Klipschorn's instead and keep the Belle's. I am going to relegate them to my basement when my Academy's arrive.

Maybe I should put them out by the road with a For Sale sign on them. [:)]

Thanks for the plug vetteman!

these guys are too cheap

i'll sell you my 1980 wo (special cane grill) belles for $2400

hardly used never abused with original boxes

Let's see'em. I'm not fooling around, if you have a lousious looking pair of Belle's, and are interested in selling them.

Well, as they say in Missouri.....SHOW ME.

But you better hurry, because as soon as Frzn put's his Belle's out by the curb, I may make a mid-night drive by and pick'em up.[6]