Grisly Highway Accident

sputnik

I volunteer for our local Fire Department and I just got this email from our Fire Chief. This is heart wrenching, but it should be a sobering reminder to drive carefully.

"IMPORTANT - READ THE FOLLOWING PRIOR TO VIEWING THE ATTACHMENT

A friend sent this photo of a horrible highway accident in Germany. The picture may be kind of hard to take for some of you. If you look closely you can see what appear to be some survivors of the accident still in the wreckage.

Although the picture is quite graphic, it makes you realize how quickly our loved ones can be taken from us.

My friend stayed on the scene to help and even though he performed mouth-to-mouth on quite a few of the victims, none apparently survived."

post-17394-13819298204502_thumb.jpg

I think I am going to need counseling after viewing that scene. Oh the humanity. the tragic senseless loss. I am not sure if I can recover from that. You really need to put out a more dire urgent warning, I am not sure our friends from Wisconsin can take a scene like that.

.........So your a firefighter too?? Before I moved to Virginia I was with http://www.cypresscreekvfd.com for 11 years. I sure do miss it. I still stay in touch with all the family (friends) that I ran with.

Steve

I just signed on last year. I ski patrolled for 18 years (paid and volunteer), I did avalanche control, and I did search and rescue work with my dog. I've been in some dicey situations and have been on some great crews but I have never seen anything that matches the dedication of "common" firefighters. I never realized how extraordinary these guys are and I am amazed at how much there is to it. I am glad to have the opportunity to do this. We're just getting ready for wildfire season now. If only I could be young again............

I can sure understand how much you must miss it.

Added: We did a HAZMAT response to a beer truck accident and spill up the canyon last year. We kept the fuel and beer out of the river.

Bad taste, what!!?? Surely you joke. I think it was darn funny. I bet the road tasted good.

I was just thinking that possibly I was not the only one on the forum who had lost a family member in such a way . Reread the opening of the post . If this was actually serious and heartfelt it would be one thing , but as a joke , it's something entirely different .