What movie was this phrase in? - Like lyric contest, no internet peeking

m00n

• Moderators

Say Anything was the movie. I love this part

Lloyd Dobler: I got a question. If you guys know so much about women, how come you're here at like the Gas 'n' Sip on a Saturday night completely alone drinking beers with no women anywhere?

Joe: By choice, man.

And the background follow up line to Joe's by someone in the peanut gallery:

"Yeah, we're choosin' it."

And of course, " [8] Llyod, Lloyd all null and void... dissed in the Malibu, doesn't know what to do..."

How about....

"Is this heaven?"

"No, it's Iowa."

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[Richard, yours is "The Edge" starring Anthony Hopkins, but I think you're supposed to guess one before putting up a challenge. We still have this one:

"I think there's only a couple a guys up there and this !@#hole is one of 'emGeorge ]

Well, it's been two and a half days, and this thread has drifted to the 7th page back. Maybe no one knows the above quote. To keep the thread alive, here's a fun one:

"George Washington was in a cult, and the cult was into aliens, man."

............To keep the thread alive, here's a fun one:

"George Washington was in a cult, and the cult was into aliens, man."

Dazed and Confused

Here's another (I like the dialouge so much I saved it a while back) :

George: You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I can't understand what's gone wrong with it.

Billy: Huh. Man, everybody got chicken, that's what happened, man. Hey, we can't even get into like, uh, second-rate hotel, I mean, a second-rate motel. You dig? They think we're gonna cut their throat or something, man. They're scared, man.

George: Oh, they're not scared of you. They're scared of what you represent to 'em.

Billy: Hey man. All we represent to them, man, is somebody needs a haircut.

George: Oh no. What you represent to them is freedom.

Billy: What the hell's wrong with freedom, man? That's what it's all about.

George: Oh yeah, that's right, that's what it's all about, all right. But talkin' about it and bein' it - that's two different things. I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are. Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em.

Billy: Mmmm, well, that don't make 'em runnin' scared.

George: No, it makes 'em dangerous.

"I gots to know."

From the begining of Dirty Harry. Shortly after "make my day" or was it "what's it gonna be, punk?"

edit: I checked and actually the line followed "........you got to ask yourself, do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?"

Try this one:

"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

Here's another hint:

"Did you ever see that "Twilight Zone" where the guy signed a contract

and they cut out his tongue and put it in a jar and it wouldn't die, it

just grew and pulsated and gave birth to baby tongues? Pretty cool, huh?"

I'll add another hint:

"If you blow chunks and she comes back, she's yours. But if you spew and she bolts, then it was never meant to be."

"I gots to know."

From the begining of Dirty Harry. Shortly after "make my day" or was it "what's it gonna be, punk?"

edit: I checked and actually the line followed "........you got to ask yourself, do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?"

Try this one:

"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

I'm thinking Dogma .

Duplicate post, since I have an extra post, thought I'd fill it in with some movie conversation:

Willie:..........

I heard you screaming all the way down the alley.

Leonard:..........

I wasn't screaming! Alright?

Yes you was.

I said I wasn't screaming! I was whistling!

You was what?

I was whistling for you!

You was whistling, "Willie, help, get this b**** off of me"?

This one's still open, anyone?

Try this one:

I'm thinking Dogma .

Yeah, I think there was something like that on Dogma, or one of the Jay and Silent Bob movies, but I think it was a bit more graphic.

Try this one:

I'm thinking Dogma .

Yeah, I think there was something like that on Dogma, or one of the Jay and Silent Bob movies, but I think it was a bit more graphic.

Actually I think that was Garth in Wayne's World. Schwing!

EDIT: Oops, just saw that Sput, correctly IDed that one. Was confused by the above quote.