My Sony ES receiver caught on FIRE!!!!

DEAM

happy holidays to all, I agree with Ray 100%(well written and thoughtfull) also about Krell,I am sure that they are GREAT products they have a great name and reputation. I also am sure that they are made and marketed to a certain nitch class of audio "purists" ($$$$$$$$) a status symbol kind of like super expensive sports cars watches ect. Way over priced- and meant to be!! I think that the Krell owners, and certinely their employees also know this, and proud of their companie's products. This is true of many "high end esorotic audio gear. All type of product for that matter, their is always the best of the best of the best of the best and always more $$$$ $$$$ all well and good,if you can afford these overpriced by design products and you want them go for it! Also it helps the economy creates jobs fattens the pot ect. I myself like and appreciate high end audio gear,but i look for bargains, and only interested in buying slightly overpriced gear,I like value and perfomance. Thears, I enjoy reading your posts,and I agree with alot that you say espesially about good power amps vs.recievers,you seem very knowlegable and helpfull. But one thing confuses me,with the type of musics that you say you like,most of that isn't recorded that well to start with and your SUPER high end gear must be overkill(IMO) And your subwoofer array and desire to raise your house and recreate the sound of jet engines space shuttle lift offs ect. Im with you there (love bass and power) But I wouldnt think that your High end Golden ear speakers couldnt begin to keep up with your Bass they wern't made to do that even with 1000 watts (super high end) of course (ouch) Have you ever tried KLIPSCHORNS Thanks Ed.

ForrestDumb,

I heard alot of BS but you take the cake,what do you know about Krell? NOTHING,you only saw pics in some mags,online maybe.And meybe say one in a High-End store.

You did not listen to a properly integrated Krell power amp.You probably will never own one because of the price,and knowing this you are frustrated.Well just too bad.

"& krell are Overpriced junk - THE END"

Yes the end,you sound like a teenager who wants to stomp all he cant buy.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Well now that Ear has brought the topic back around

to sticking up for Krell again.

(No offense EAR, but obviously Krell has been branded

'Yuppy Gear.')

But, A well designed amplifier is a well designed

amplifier and who gives a **** who made it.

I figure I would go way off topic now.

Has anyone heard of Eric Boucher A.K.A Jello Biafra?

He was the Dead Kennedy's singer, a polictical activist

if you will.

In one of his spoken word recordings he talks about

how Hemp was completly run out the picture in the

industrial world.

He refers to a book titled 'The Emperor wears no

clothes' (Can't remember the Author BTW.)

In this book, the author explains how hemp was

used for paper, clothing and other uses before

the mid-thirties.

Hemp is big part of early American Industrial history.

Now there was a lot of companies with large Timber

stands itching to make some money off their trees.

And a certain Chemical company had just patented

a process to make trees into pulp for paper.

Now these Corporations had more money than anyone

relating to Hemp industrial uses.

And their input and money/power pretty much convinced the goverment to term Marijuana 'Devils weed' and

basically made up a bullshit campaign to make it

illegal by 1937.

So it wasn't about Weed being a drug problem back

then, it was all about money.

I don't condone the stuff, but do you realize how

many trees we could save by using Hemp as a

resource for paper again?

Besides, you couldn't get off on Hemp if you wanted

to, it's the well babied females that are GOOD.

Sorry about getting way off topic, maybe it'll kill

the thread.

THANX!

cwm32.gif

Earwax, maybe the krell arent junk but definitely overpriced and it's pretty well documented on this BB that you give price a big factor in how good something sounds. I think your problem is you know audio & some about computers, but little of anything else in the world. Like basic logic and how to value things.

------------------

go forth & hump the world

Jack Herer- Author of "the emporer wears no clothes"

Great Book! I suggest that anyone wanting to comment on hemp/pot read this before they make up their minds.

Very enlightening stuff.

------------------

LSU PAINTBALL- We'll cover you with our balls!

Paintball players do it 'till their balls break!

1 Pair KLF-30's

Sonic Frontiers SFL-1 Pre-amp

Carver TFM-45 Amp

Teac AD-4 CD Player

***Needed VPI HW Series Turntable*** Anybody Sellin'?

quote:

Originally posted by DEAM:

I CAN NOT TELL YOU HOW PISSED I AM TO FIND OUT THERE WAS A RECALL ON SONY ES RECEIVERS!

So can anyone supply a link to this supposed recall -- or is it just this guy's drug-induced imagination running wild?

ForrestDumb,

Dear F.Dumb,what is well documented on this BB? Your lack of value for quality,your lack of knowledge? LOL

Krell makes some of THE VERY BEST solid state amps AT ANY PRICE and Dan Dagostino is one of the ten best amplifier designers in the world(not only the USA),the world.

Very few know as much about amplifier design as Dan Dagostino,Nelson Pass and Bob Carver are two other master amplifier designers who also belong in this elite group.

Your little negativity will not be taken into consideration by any serious audiophile who seeks the best of the best(err Krell).Only a few kids may take you seriously(and even then I doubt Smile.gif ).

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Earwax, Dogostnino is all hype with no real track record. He just an image to jack up the price.

Kind of like you. Everything you say on here is all hot air not backed by proof or specs. Anybody with brains know that. It's the kids that idolize you because you supposed to have all this imaginary equipment and through around the catch phrases.

You just a computer geek with some high power amps.

------------------

ForrestDumb,

My "imaginary equipment" is very real.I own it and you can only dream about it.

A total zero like you cannot claim someone is "all hype with no real track record".Who told you this bull?Who brainwashed you? Kid I will no longer try and knock some sense into ya,you are a lost case.This forum is too refined for ya.

And me a computer geek! LOL Where did you brew this nonsense? Now take your medication this is turning sour for ya.

cwm27.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

quote:

Originally posted by PhilH:

Disco Stu:

I must admit, I appreciate disco much more today than I did during its heyday...especially when you compare it to the Top40 wasteland that is out there today.

PhilH

Maturity can be a wonderful thing. Disco music is all about feeling good. For the beginners in this music, Rhino is a good place to start.

Like so many things, we didn't appreciate the good we had until we begin to experience some real crap. As a President Clinton supporter, I think more people will realize how good things were during his term. When things are good why fight it. Good like, Khorns, HK amps, Disco and President Clinton.

cwm29.gif

Discoduck, Now why did you have to go and bring in what history will show as the president whom did the worst damage to our country ever? Times were good in spite of pretty boy. He came in just as the economy was coming out of recession and left just as it was going into one. He just one lucky SOB.

Let's see what did he do? He made the CIA much more politically correct. And now they are blamed for not preventing the terrorist attacks. He had numerous chances to go after and take out bin laudin. The only time he did anything there was to distract from his scandals ie wag the dog. Put Reno in charge of the FBI. He raised taxes more than once. Dishonored the presidency.

Can you name one good thing he did? Family leave act

maybe? That's done nothing but provided more legal deadbeats and damaged our economy.

Clinton was just an adultering Gov of AK in the 70s. Now we know who the antagonist is here. Discoduck, You just hurt your cause. History will show how bad Willie was. And the liberals wont be able to spin it else wise. Better hope people forget him just like disco Biggrin.gif

------------------

quote:

Originally posted by discorules:

Like so many things, we didn't appreciate the good we had until we begin to experience some real crap. As a President Clinton supporter, I think more people will realize how good things were during his term.

i tried looking at this statement from every angle and still have only one reply. WHAT A MORON.

------------------

live long & prosper