Half a century

Well, I went and did it; I passed the half century mark on Wednesday last. I dont feel any wiser just a little more tired.[;)]

Way to go you OLD Warhorse...................Best of luck to you................It's just an age, really means not much............I don't like getting old, but I damn sure wouldn't want to be in my 20's...........Today..........Crazy world........EXPENSIVE world........can't imagine starting out today................EDUCATION...........EDUCATION........EDUCATION........work with the brain, not the back...............These young guys and girls don't have the DRAFT hanging over their heads.....................Wish you 50 more Cal Blacksmith...........Peace Brother

Congratulations. I was 53 8-07. I think the signifigance of August birthdays has more to do with cold Decembers!!! Just to cheer you up , things will start occurring to you that up to now you have only heard about happening to others. I like to think of the opportunities we had to do some things in the 60's and 70's that really make people jealous today. So enjoy the day and welcome to the old fart section. Rock on!!!

• Moderators

Congratulations, it's just a number, how you feel is all that matters.

Big Piney:..... things will start occurring to you that up to now you have only heard about happening to others.

Hey, 1 month till 49 for me and it's already starting to occur !

See line below.

• Moderators

dtel,

I get tickled when I read your signature line because my son read that quote at his grandpa's funeral. My wife's dad was 88 and that summed up his life to a tee.

Thanks, I don't remember where I got it from but when I read it I knew I had to steal it. It makes sense to me.

I don't think I would have the nerve to say it at a funeral though, but I didnt know the man.