Klipschorn review in Stereophile?

damonrpayne

This was discussed in Hope this year, anyone know if it happened or is closer to happening?

Perhaps they wrote the article before they heard it and now they have to re-write it [6]

Seriously I have been looking for it as well. They should fly them in to Hope to listen in their room because it sounded fantastic. Khorns and Tubes YUM YUM

JA (stereophile's editor) assured me they wanted to review the klipschorn but had experienced difficulty in getting a review sample from Klipsch. I have been pushing him to add a review of a used version to his vintage review series. Tony

I got to listen to the LS II at a dealer and I wasn't too impressed. It all boiled down to the room. I am very familiar with the original LS sound. They need to be spread out.

The LS II's were very close together only seperated by the tower of high dollar electronics. The imaging and what not wasn't present. I hope Stereophile does better than this for the "Subjective" review. The "objective review" will probably not be room dependent. Just a bunch of test tones maybe?

No Damon I have not. I assumed that Klipsch had maintained the same family values when building these new versions. I did not care for the sound of the original LS so I assumed, compared to the other models, I would like the II version least as well. I guess it was the lack of bass extension that turned me off most, I liked the cornwalls better than the LS and, of course, the k-horns as well. So...

Let's see what stereophile says. I also was not happy with the "bookshelf" speaker they choose to review a while back, I would have liked them to pick one with a bigger woofer.

regards, tony