For: BEC

Erik Mandaville

A short post on behalf of Bob:

I have appreciated his always immediate and informative responses, as well as the equally quick and well-packed turn around with parts orders. From replacement tweeter diaphragms to new autoformers and his new/excellent (IMO) complete tweeter upgrade -- thanks for such great customer service, attention to detail, and very reasonable costs.

Erik

What's not to like? I got Bob's tweets and crossovers and discovered I didn't need a preamplifier. Everything's passive except the TT. I placed a small line amp right under the arm. No loss, no line noise. How simple can it get?

Occam's Razor rules (look it up in your Funk and Wagnell). And so does Bob Crites in my humble assessment. How many of us can stand in front of the mirror every morning and say that we do something better than anyone else in the world?

Why are we doing this? He didn't die or something?

DRBILL

DRBILL:

"Why are we doing this? He didn't die or something"

I would hope that publicly acknowledging the help someone has provided over the years is is not something that need wait........

Bob has provided excellent quality parts and customer service to many of us, as he also did for my wife with a new pair of his tweeters for our Kllipschorns when I was in the hospital this summer.

He also provided extra quick service for me this week so that I could have some parts for a project this weekend.

Surely a simple 'thanks' for all of that would be acceptable here and not something to necessarily question. However, since you did ask, the above is my reply.

Erik

What's not to like? I got Bob's tweets and crossovers and discovered I didn't need a preamplifier. Everything's passive except the TT. I placed a small line amp right under the arm. No loss, no line noise. How simple can it get?

Occam's Razor rules (look it up in your Funk and Wagnell). And so does Bob Crites in my humble assessment. How many of us can stand in front of the mirror every morning and say that we do something better than anyone else in the world?

Why are we doing this? He didn't die or something?

DRBILL

Erik is doing this because he is a great guy and a class act.

"Why are we doing this? He didn't die or something?"

Wait a minute; didn't Bob reply to this before the post above?

Could it be rumors of his demise are greatly exaggerated?

While I am sure Bob is at least as good as his rep (based on postings here about him and a single phone conversation I've had with him), if he works out a way to post here AFTER his demise (it should be a hundred years hence), then he will have been greatly underestimated.....

:)

"Why are we doing this? He didn't die or something?"

Wait a minute; didn't Bob reply to this before the post above?

Could it be rumors of his demise are greatly exaggerated?

While I am sure Bob is at least as good as his rep (based on postings here about him and a single phone conversation I've had with him), if he works out a way to post here AFTER his demise (it should be a hundred years hence), then he will have been greatly underestimated.....

:)

Actually I was talking about Erik. I have never bought from Bob but if Erik says he is the bomb, I believe him.

I remember talking to Bob in a panic thinking my Heresys had thrown a horn...Bob assured me that would be difficult and to check other things first...sure enough a wire to the crossover had worked loose...no charge from Bob...[:D]

When I was upgrading my new to me unloved by the previous owner K'Horns, Bob offered to buy the old parts...gave me a fair price too...

...later when I decided to get new crossovers for both sets of Heresys, guess who I called???

...s'funny too, when I asked Bob what my old crossovers were like...hoping to get some kind of assurance they in fact needed replacement (we get used to the deteriorating sound) he wrote me back..."Worst I've ever seen..."...nice sense of humor, wouldn't you agree???

Great guy that Bob Crites!

Bill

Bob has been great to me i have bought some things from him and they were all packed well and worked perfect.He has helped me to without any complaints something he didnt have to do .In fact i just ordered some cast woofers to try ,so i soon will be getting them i bet.Thanks again Bob ...Rick

Bob has always been courteous and helpful, a true gentleman, as I modified a pair of La Scalas for the local high school. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

He is simultaneously knowledgeable, not afraid to express an opinion, diplomatic and not thin skinned. I cant recall a harsh word directed at anyone. Hes a credit to the hobby and the forum. If only all forum members could be so helpful and civil.

Its not everyone who gets to proofread his eulogies prior to the fact. May there be time for many more drafts before theyre needed.

Thanks Bob

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Its not everyone who gets to proofread his eulogies prior to the fact. May there be time for many more drafts before theyre needed.

Thanks Bob

I was thinking the same thing [:D] And Bob has been helpful to me as well, The crossovers I purchased are marvelous and the info he provided about my Heresy THSR's was invaluable!