Phooey to the wife (and her disdain to the Jubilees!!)

Coytee

I think we've ALL had our better halves ask/beg/bi*** to us "TURNNNNNNNNNN THAT DOWNNNNNNNNNN" at least once or twice? [6] [6]

Ok, my HF horn is hooked up to a MC-2102 with 100x2 watts available. The LF horn is hooked up to a bridged dbx BX-1, bridged to something like 450x2

Little Miss Prissy was getting all hiney on me to turn it down [:@], I said I would but before doing so, I glanced down at the meters on the 2102.

They were PEAKING UNDER .1 watt Yes, PEAKING under 1/10th watt. They never TOUCHED .1 watt. Not 10, not 100, but decimal 1 watts was never reached by the meters!! The needles were cruising around .01 watts for MOST of the time. Yes, 'point zero one" sheesh... all the rest of them watts simply wasted.

Frankly, I was pretty darn intrigued on how it sounded using that little amount of power.

Oh, then she went over to her fathers house to visit with him and her sister. I'm here to make my confessions about quickly surpassing .01, .1 and yes, even 1 watts after she left.

[H]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, is that efficient or what?

Forget the "first clean watt" cliche. For Jubilee, the first .1 watt must be clean.

Just have your wife shoot me an e-mail. I'll explain about how you could be out carousing and such, but you, man of character that you are, are home causing great irritation. You can't help it, you're from a different planet.

Hey, that's funny! My MC300's meters are incremented at divisions of 3, instead of 1 like yours, so I tend to listen to mine peaking at 0.3 watts!

It's the psychological aspect of what the meters say and how it effects our listening that that I think is funny! Or odd, at least.

DM

coyotee-o

i would send the jubs to richieb as he sounds very sincere and is deeply disturbed that your marriage may fail do to jubilee problems......

boy!!

Deeply disturbed indeed! [:P] We have a couple others that seem to share the same depth of disturbation... (I just made that up [:P])

Coytee,

Having the Jubilees has definitely increased your creativity AND verbal skills.

That could be a selling point for wives. Get Jubilees for your man and he will be transformed from Joe Six Pack to a white wine sipping renaissance man.

Not all speakers have the power of transformation like Jubilees.

Mine complained that my Belles were shaking the floor and she could not sleep.  I was using a pair of 3.5 watt Wright SET amps. 

You too, huh?  I've had the exact same thing happen, only difference was that it was with Khorns...

Give Klipsch products quality watt or watts and they shall reward you : )

[:D]...[:D]...[;)]...[:#].....Grow up Teenager....You've pushed till you can't push NO MORE....First the dogs hurt their necks chuckling at you...Now the poor Mrs. has to seek shelter and quiet elsewhere.....Is there no end to it? The Jubes have taken over...slowly but surely they take over the home............they are EVIL I tell you....Not made for the laid-back type lifestyle of Tenn. but more in the vein of Rugged North Country New York. Having said that, I right this minute will offer them a new home up here with me. It could be a full time change or maybe a short term seperation from you, with a future return date. I will do what is best for you and your wife, and of course the speakers........Sometimes we need to get away from it all, and I'm willing to help................It will take a week or two to arrange everything, but it can be done.......FOR YOU BUDDY...........FOR YOU. I would never own such EVIL things as those Jubilee's....but however I can assist , count on me........Boy, I bet the STONES sound good on those............................EH..............[;)]

Cant compete in the 0.1 watts stakes but at the other end of the spectrum my friend Tony has sold his speakers to he has lent to me his amp and pre-amp to play with.

I have installed them on my system and the results are pretty impressive - a definite step up in the quality stakes.

Thing is the pre-amp (Klimo Merlin Plus) is a bit sensitive with the old volume control and the amp is the 500 wpc Yamaha digtial unit - or about $10,000 worth together.

Now my speakers are only 91 dB/w/m but even so we cannot get to 9 o'clock on the volume.

We were listening the other night with the volume control pointing to about 8:30 when Tony (who often listens well in excess of 100 dB continuous) yells:

"Do you have any idea how loud this is?"

Frankly - I didn't - but it was louder than anything that has played in my house since he turned up the volume on a pair of RF3's being driven by a 200 wpc Rotel.

SWMBO, of course, was out. With her and daughter installed the volume control barely gets to 6:30.

Review of the Merllin can be found at http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/klimo/merlin.html

openbig.jpg

Review of the Yamaha can be found at http://www.stereophile.com/amplificationreviews/405yamaha/

405yam1.jpg

Boy, I bet the STONES sound good on those............................EH..............[;)]

I'll have you know PapaBuck... regarding the Stones, which WOULD probably sound fantastic (then again, so would Marie Osmond, singing Paper Roses [+o(] [+o(])

back to the Stones...

Unless the factory tests every speaker marching out their door with the Stones, then the Jubilees are up to this point in time, Stones virgins. Not a STONED virgin so don't get all excited on me [6] (hmm, now that i reread that sentence, I can see it actually has more than one meaning [A])

Oh well, you get the point.

[:D]