FS: Bugle Boy Amperex Holland ECC82 12AU7 SOLD OUT!

ben.

I have a fair quantity of these. My research indicates (based on photos and Brent Jessee's date code info on his site) that they are the highly sought after Philips/Heerlen factory production. Codes date them to May 1958 and they are all from the same batch. They have the long plates and D shaped halo with the flat bar on it. Philips/Heelen factory. These are about as good as it gets out there unless you want to go really nuts.

I have not listened to these in any component, so I can't personally speak to the sonics. They are reputed to be slightly on the warm side of neutral in the midrange and have been described as having an "airy" top end. This from more trusted sources, not just some cat on Audiogon. I'm in the process of testing them on my B&K Dyna-Quik 600 tester and they are all testing very strong. Reject is at 55 and maximum is 120 on this tester and they are all testing right around 100 for both sections.

Labels are exceptional so far and they are visually quite nice overall, if this matters to you. These are organ pulls, so they have a little dust on them. I'm brushing it off safely, but I'm being careful so they don't look brand new shiny.

I plan to keep 6 or 8 of these for my personal stash, but I have a bunch to sell. Dealers are getting $40-80 each for these.

$25 each plus shipping (USPS probably best bet for these, but will ship your way if you want). Free shipping to CONUS for quantities of 4 or more. Will entertain trade offers, particularly high quality LPs.

Contact me via PM (please note here in thread if PM as I'm not sure if notifications are getting through to my email) or email through the forum.

Folks these are great 12AU7's for sure and at a steal of a deal. Those organs ran a ton of these and life was very easy on them so chances are the gamble on them is very small after Ben tests them for obvious defects. Great splitter tube for VRD's or NOS Valves modified Mark III's. Tiube dealer would be salvitated to get there hands on what Ben did and he is correct $80 would be the going rate for sure.

Ben put me down for a pair and email me what paypal addy you want with the total too.

Craig

OK, folks. These are gone. I have PMs or emails from everyone that's posted. I have them in this order:

Allan
Craig
Canyonman
LeeW
Audible
Mike Lindsey
Timmikid
Dean
Pirahna -- this is where things run out. I have 1 pr for Pirahna of the two he requested. Also, Canyonman's request for 2 pr came in to me after this so I have him down for 1 pr. If anyone backs out or reduces qty, I'll allocate to these guys next in this order:

ChrisK
Canyonman - pair #2
BigBadBabyBoomer (Keith)
Joe Auwen
klipsch4life

I'll contact you guys off forum to make arrangements, but in general if Paypal is chosen I'd appreciate the 2.9% added in if it's not too much trouble. Also please include your name, address, email, and forum name with any payment.

Thanks!

I can tell you this much...Ben will pack each and every tube with great care for their journey to your doorsteps! If my pristine RB-75s are any indication of this man's abilities when it comes to packaging items that most likely will be thrown around by freight carrier gorillas (and my Reference bookshelf monitors arrived unscathed from Buffalo to Lakeland), then y'all have absolutely nothing to worry about and your tube purchases will be money well spent.[Y]