Klipsch Lifestyle System?

justin_tx_16

The new 2.1 system from Klipsch, the CS-300, looks so much like a Bose Lifestyle system... Makes me kind of nervous. I will wait until I hear it though. Could do some great things to knock BOSE out of it's place there. I understand the Klipsch system is not a dvd player and speaker system, and will probably cost a few hundred less. The looks is what has me all antsy pantsy :)

p_321gsx_l_s.jpg

post-5311-13819321104116_thumb.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin,

I truly think, if Klipsch can get the word about these units out.........that they will blow away the competition, and make alot of people wish they had Known about this sooner.............

Wonder if Klipsch will start TV ads to promote this.........Hummmmmmmmmm. To bad they didn't get this out at Christmas time!

Personally I don't know what to think about this move on Klipsch's part. While it might be an attempt to claim market share from other companies, namely Bose, the system itself doesn't "look" that great which is I believe a key component to the Bose systems.

This will be most interesting to follow indeed.

That's very surprising they would release a new AIO system, especially one that's not

for a PC since all the current PC setups are definitely aging...

something to look into. Bose might be falling anyways. For awhile,

around where I live, there use to be a bose dealer, nothing but Bose,

and that was it. I live in a very upscale area too... many 800+ to 1

million + homes, and guess what??? IT CLOSED!!! WOO HOO!!!! No more

scar like that in our town. Besides, everyone is going to BB and Fry's

and getting real HTs (even JBL or Polk) and skipping on Bose

completely....

Hmmm.... I also don't know what to make of this. I do recall
awhile ago that Klipsch added a CTO that used to be the Chief Engineer
at Bose.

Actually, here it is, as I found the press release...:

The executive management team at
Klipsch, which was formed in the early 1990s, has expanded with the
addition of John Carter and Tom Jacoby, two accomplished senior level
executives with extensive backgrounds in consumer electronics and
global organizations. John Carter has been named to the newly created
position of chief technology officer and Tom Jacoby joined as chief
development officer and vice chairman, also a new position.

Carter brings 29 years of technology and product development
expertise to Klipsch. As Chief Engineer of Bose Corporation, he managed
the development of technologies such as the Acoustic Wave® Music
System, Lifestyle® Home Theatre, QuietComfort® Acoustic Noise
Canceling® Headset and others. Carter was instrumental in Bose's entry
into the automobile OEM business and led the product and business
development of Bose's patented noise reduction technology.

So, is Klipch trying to "out Bose" Bose? I have no problem with a company wanting to try to move into more of these "lifestyle" type setups, especially if they do indeed turn out to be excellent products. Hell, I may seriously consider getting one for my parents, since they don't want a full suround-sound system, but they would definitly enjoy something much better than the built-in TV speakers, espcially since they like to watch alot of concerts on the PBS channel, such as the Celtic Women (which sounded incredible on my setup, I was not a fan of the Celtic Women, but I was thorughly engrossed with that performance (as I was burning it to DVD for my parents) , but was horrid on the speakers of thier TV).

I guess the only thing I am truly concerned is that I hope Klipsch does not sacrifice what I thought was one of the best performance/cost ratio's in the industry (you can buy alot of speaker for so few dollars comparatively), for the sake of trying to appease to the "lifestyle" crowd were it seems they only care about looks and status. I just don't want Klipsch to turn into another Bose (although my RF-7s will still sound awesome anyway). Thankfully, the few such types products I got to play with, such as the iGroove, did turn out to be quality products. I honostly thought the iGroove easily blew away the Bose SoundDock. So far, I am keeping my faith in Klipsch and am willing to bet this CS-500 setup will easily blow away the Bose 3-2-1 setup, just like the ProMedia 2.0's easily blow away the Bose Companion 2s.

Will be curious to hear one when they come out.

Hmmm.... I also don't know what to make of this. I do recall awhile ago that Klipsch added a CTO that used to be the Chief Engineer at Bose.

Actually, here it is, as I found the press release...:

The executive management team at Klipsch, which was formed in the early 1990s, has expanded with the addition of John Carter and Tom Jacoby, two accomplished senior level executives with extensive backgrounds in consumer electronics and global organizations. John Carter has been named to the newly created position of chief technology officer and Tom Jacoby joined as chief development officer and vice chairman, also a new position.

Carter brings 29 years of technology and product development expertise to Klipsch. As Chief Engineer of Bose Corporation, he managed the development of technologies such as the Acoustic Wave® Music System, Lifestyle® Home Theatre, QuietComfort® Acoustic Noise Canceling® Headset and others. Carter was instrumental in Bose's entry into the automobile OEM business and led the product and business development of Bose's patented noise reduction technology.

So, is Klipch trying to "out Bose" Bose? I have no problem with a company wanting to try to move into more of these "lifestyle" type setups, especially if they do indeed turn out to be excellent products. Hell, I may seriously consider getting one for my parents, since they don't want a full suround-sound system, but they would definitly enjoy something much better than the built-in TV speakers, espcially since they like to watch alot of concerts on the PBS channel, such as the Celtic Women (which sounded incredible on my setup, I was not a fan of the Celtic Women, but I was thorughly engrossed with that performance (as I was burning it to DVD for my parents) , but was horrid on the speakers of thier TV).

I guess the only thing I am truly concerned is that I hope Klipsch does not sacrifice what I thought was one of the best performance/cost ratio's in the industry (you can buy alot of speaker for so few dollars comparatively), for the sake of trying to appease to the "lifestyle" crowd were it seems they only care about looks and status. I just don't want Klipsch to turn into another Bose (although my RF-7s will still sound awesome anyway). Thankfully, the few such types products I got to play with, such as the iGroove, did turn out to be quality products. I honostly thought the iGroove easily blew away the Bose SoundDock. So far, I am keeping my faith in Klipsch and am willing to bet this CS-500 setup will easily blow away the Bose 3-2-1 setup, just like the ProMedia 2.0's easily blow away the Bose Companion 2s.

Will be curious to hear one when they come out.

I agree with you, but just reading about this stuff brings on nausea, like right now I have to end this post.

Klipsch should do something bold and shape those little speakers like Heritage speakers .

Could you imagine miniture KHorns , Belles , LaScalas , etc...

I'd buy em all !!!

But then dealers wouldn't stock them.[;)] Actually, I like your idea.

I dunno, I agree with Ear (as usual) but it worries me that Klipsch

brought in someone from Bose as I have just heard of this. I certainly

prefer horns to a million small drivers per speaker and why Klipsch

would go that route, i don't know. I am guessing the sattelites here

are loaded with MicroTractrix Horns like the ones in the RSX and ProMedia products

I dunno, I agree with Ear (as usual) but it worries me that Klipsch
brought in someone from Bose as I have just heard of this. I certainly
prefer horns to a million small drivers per speaker
and why Klipsch
would go that route, i don't know. I am guessing the sattelites here
are loaded with MicroTractrix Horns like the ones in the RSX and ProMedia products

XRT2Kfrontnogrille.jpg

McIntosh XRT2K

High Power Loudspeaker System

Each speaker can handle up to 2,000 watts of power

Tri-Wire and Tri-Amp Capability

Massive Overload-Proof Crossover

Total of 110 drivers in each speaker

Each speaker houses Six 12" Aluminum Cone Woofers, Sixty-Four 2" Titanium Midranges and Forty 3/4" Titanium Tweeters

Price? $40,000 each.