rigma

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jordan I replied to your PM.

Thanks to all for the encouraging words.

If anyone has ideas on finishing the 402's and how to do the grill cloth on the bass bins, I would love to have your input.

I have some ideas in mind but would like to consider other options. I am basically thinking a Rosewood "picture frame" for the 402 with or without Grill Cloth. On the bass bins, screw a 1/8" x 1" strip of Aluminum, flush to the inside of the vertical front panel clamping the cloth. Then wrapping it around the side to behind the first angle and stapling. Then wrapping it over the top and bottom. On the top it would be covered by a panel the same shape as the top but protruding 1/4" beyond the top like on the later Klipsch Horn. The 402 would sit back from the front a couple inches as not to overhang the angled exit of the bass bins. Of course all exposed wood will be veneered and all other painted semi gloss or flat black. Boy that is hard to put into words.

A question for Roy or others. Would a 3/4 x 2" wide frame screw on the front, from the back, of the 402 have a negative effect on it's sound. What about Grill Cloth.

Also posted a couple new photos to the website.

Rigma

I believe the last rounded curve on the mouth of 402. Is part of the tracktrick formula I dont know if you should tamper that with a frame.....Roy is the expert on this....I hope he,ll chime in.....In one photo of earley Jubilee I too would like to know how the grill is attached to the bass bin....Maybe you can tear into it at the summer gathering at Klipsch headquarters....Or bribe Roy with a stack of baby ribs for a sneak peak. Say where did you get a fletch of rosewood veneer that wide. I need some in that width.

Jordan I replied to your PM.

Thanks to all for the encouraging words.

If anyone has ideas on finishing the 402's and how to do the grill cloth on the bass bins, I would love to have your input.

I have some ideas in mind but would like to consider other options. I am basically thinking a Rosewood "picture frame" for the 402 with or without Grill Cloth. On the bass bins, screw a 1/8" x 1" strip of Aluminum, flush to the inside of the vertical front panel clamping the cloth. Then wrapping it around the side to behind the first angle and stapling. Then wrapping it over the top and bottom. On the top it would be covered by a panel the same shape as the top but protruding 1/4" beyond the top like on the later Klipsch Horn. The 402 would sit back from the front a couple inches as not to overhang the angled exit of the bass bins. Of course all exposed wood will be veneered and all other painted semi gloss or flat black. Boy that is hard to put into words.

A question for Roy or others. Would a 3/4 x 2" wide frame screw on the front, from the back, of the 402 have a negative effect on it's sound. What about Grill Cloth.

Also posted a couple new photos to the website.

Rigma

there will always be some effect to the sound; the question is, how much? if the frame did not stick into the horn mouth (the horn has about a 2" flange around it), then you should be okay with that as long as it is not too thick (3/4" should be okay; thinner is better (that's what my wife tells me but she usually adds the word porker right after that))). acoustically transparent grill cloth is good. really thin, double knit stuff is good.

hurry up. your cabs are looking really good. very impressive; have i seen you working out at the klipsch cabinet dept?

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

ps this is only the info i can give, with me being ribless and all.....

I believe the last rounded curve on the mouth of 402. Is part of the tracktrick formula I dont know if you should tamper that with a frame.....Roy is the expert on this....I hope he,ll chime in.....In one photo of earley Jubilee I too would like to know how the grill is attached to the bass bin....Maybe you can tear into it at the summer gathering at Klipsch headquarters....Or bribe Roy with a stack of baby ribs for a sneak peak. Say where did you get a fletch of rosewood veneer that wide. I need some in that width.

Below is what I bought. The piece shown on my website was returned
because I couldn't get 2 panels to match out of it. I gave the sales
guy (Peter I think) the dims. of the front panel and he picked me a new
sheet that had the pattern centered on the sheet so I could. They were
very good to woke with and did not charge me anything to exchange.

http://www.oakwoodveneer.com/prices/prices4_8_rz.html

Rosewood - South American 22.2 MIL, Bubble Free (BFV)

• 2 weeks later...

We are getting very, very close. They will be ready for paint tomorrow. I don't have a paint booth so I will have to have a good weather day to paint. Then the veneer and up the stairs..install speakers & hook up. My best guess is 2 weeks until real Jubilation! I will post new pics later today.

rigma