dean at it again II

bodcaw boy

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a joke. You will not touch Jubilees for $2K.

Ok, Dean. Let me go on record now. I want first dibs on the horns (402's) when you decide to change to something else. Same on the LF bins. Not interested in buying right away so try to maintain your interest in them for at least a couple months. Just remember I called dib's on them.

PS. Save the boxes too. Dammit. I am catching Dean's Disease.

I don't know how long it will be.

The bottoms are $4800, and with the top sections you're looking at $6800. Once you get to this amount shipping is free and they're delivered to your front door. Roy prefers an active setup, and if you want to go in that direction you need an active crossover and two amplifiers. Benefits are numerous, including the ability to time align the system. Actives that would work vary in price from $300 to $1500 and higher. The unit Roy likes is the EV DX-38. Figure around $1200 for that one. I see no reason why one couldn't just start out with something like the Behringer and then upgrade later after they've recovered from the initial outlay. Roy provides technical support. For anyone who doesn't want to go the active route, Roy has designed a passive filter -- and I'm in the process of costing out the parts. New Klipschorns are $7500 and you have to hunt them down. Jubilees are about the same and they show up at your doorstep. PK started with the Klipschorn and ended with the Jubilee. If you care more about asthetics and PAF than performance -- buy the Klipschorn.

OK, Dean.... so post the tops you got for the bottoms! And a pic, specs would go a long way here!

Did you go this far?

KPT-Jubilee® 535 Specifications

frequency response

45Hz-19kHz +/- 3dB-10dB @ 34Hz

sensitivity

105dB

crossover frequency

400 Hz, 3k Hz
24dB/Octave

coverage angle

Horizontal 90° +/-20° 200Hz-18kHz
Vertical 60° +/-20° 500Hz-19kHz

high frequency horn

KPT-Grand-HF-T

mid frequency horn

KPT-402-MF

woofer

KPT-KHJ-LF

dimensions

78.3" (199cm) H x 98.6" (250cm) W x 57.3" (146cm) D

weight

329 lbs (149 kg)

features

Delay:
LF: 0 ms
MF: 3.5 ms
HF: 4.6 ms

Uh, no - I didn't go that far. That's the three-way cinema version. Jubilee in the home is a two-way. My top section will be the same as Richard's and Mike's: KPT-402-MF with K-69-A driver.

[Y]

Dean have you seen the complete polar specs on the K402? I've never seen another horn with such a consistent pattern control! The first time I heard it in Hope I was amazed at how smooth and consistent in sound as you walked across the room in front of it. I new this was the Horn for me!!!!!![;)]

mike tn

Judging from the size of your listening area, you've just bought the world's biggest headphones.

So the first thing we have to do is raise about $3.4 million to get those beasties some breathing room.

So who wants to hold the first bake sale?

Second, according to Craig, he only listens to music of
the genre personified by "Mudflat" "Screaming Dolies" and my personal
favorite "HalitosisBreath".

We'll need too organize a contest and the winner gets to provide
5 cd's which he must play before he is allowed to even have his usual
music in the same house (see point one above)

Third.

Congratulations Dean!

Mike Beaser consdiers them the most
incredible speaker he's ever heard. In my book that means you
just hit 60 home runs only halfway through the season.

You guys are killing me. O.K. Robert, you get first dibs. Man, what a sorry bunch some of you are, hanging around like vultures. I do think it will be a while before a pair shows up on eBay, so might as well buy a new pair.

First thing going into the tray is Justin Hayward. I use Mudvayne and Korn to help me fall asleep.