New Member to the Forum.

g_opolis

I would like to say Hi to all you out there. I have been following the threads a bit, having enjoyed Klipsch speakers for many years now.I have never heard the "newer lines", but have had many of the classics, with the exception of the K-Horn and the Belle( couldn't afford them when the chances came, and they were nowhere to be found when the funds were right).My Cornwalls are currently kings of the house. It is a shame that people have to think with their wallets or snob appeal B.S. and not their own ears when it comes to choosing great sound.My 2 cents.

• Moderators

Welcome both of you !

The information you can get from this forum is unbelievable, and the people are even better !

Go ahead ask some questions, sometimes you will get more answers than you know what do do with, especially how / where to spend $.

Hi you new folks.

Word of advice...watch out for OldBuckester (aka Buckette), he's .... well, he's sort of like our own Ernest T Bass. harmless, means well enough but there's just somethinggggggggggggg about him that ticks a little off beat!

(insert Twilight Zone sounds here)

[*-)]

[;)]

Welcome aboard...................I hear Bell's all the time...............ooops, wrong kind, sorry,

Hey Larry, aren't you close to Frzninvt ? I'm sure he would let you listen to his..............Nice of me to offer his services.....EH !!!!!!!!!

Only an hour away,haven't seen many recent posts.But then, I live in 2 channel.

Larry

• Moderators

Welcome to both of you!!!!!

Where are you located? Try and update your profile with that info. (but certainly not a requirment) Nice to see where folks are from so that you can be invited to gatherings, informed if there is a good deal in your area, etc. Nice to see you both jump in and introduce yourselves. The only thing that got me to post right away was a pair of LaScallas had come up for sale and I needed to know what to look for when I went to pick them up. I got a wealth of information right away and I have been here ever since.

Again, welcome.

Travis

Thank you for the warm greeting all. One of theses days I am going to make a set of K-horns( pretty handy with wood, shouldn't be difficult{ i.e. follow the blueprints:)}. Right now i have to move and am downsizing this mess I call a system+++++). When it's all said and done, all I really want is 4 K-Horns. Until then. Ty all.

Welcome new members. I too am a newbie. It's hard to come up with a question that's not embarrassing or nonsensical with all the guru's out there!

Something worth considering is efficiency and acoustic watts and intermodulation distortion. Competitors of Klipsch have argued for years about the merits/demerits of maintaining low IM % (limited cone movement of bass driver). At a given level of acoustic watt output, the bass driver must move accordingly. The smaller the driver, the greater cone excursion. PWK almost eliminated this distortion (much more noticeable than harmonic distortion) in the K-horn. With non-horn loaded bass drivers, it is a physical limitation of cone diameter. With a tightly controlled, critically damped bass driver in a ported bass reflex cabinet, and a 15" driver you have - - - - - a Cornwall of all things!

Isn't life great! With a low mid-range crossover, the bass driver isn't forced to over extend itself. Of course you must position the Cornwall vertically without intervening furniture between its mf and hf drivers and your ears. And solid floor contact does make a difference in the lowest bass register (31.7 Hz on the pipe organ, if not 15.85 Hz as in the C.B. Fisk organ at Meyerson Concert Hall, Dallas, Tx.)

Just another two-cents worth.