output tubes, the VRD-45ST delivers 45 watts per channel. Performing
preamp duties was a Juicy Music Blueberry Extreme ($1899), with a Sony
C33ES CD player functioning as source. Driving a pair of modded Klipsch
LaScala loudspeakers, The Doors were reproduced with great dynamics and
negligible horn honkiness. I was very impressed with the terrific image
focus
and palpability on "Love Me Two Times."

=========================================

The gentleman uses same words I would. I have never used the word "palpabiity" not sure I know what it means in an audio sense.

Hey I hadn't seen that yet this year! Thanks for posting it. I knew it was coming but have been to busy to check. I also got free press in a Detroit alternative newspaper twice from this event once before and once after! Pretty cool stuff.

Craig

Hey I hadn't seen that yet this year! Thanks for posting it. I knew it was coming but have been to busy to check. I also got free press in a Detroit alternative newspaper twice from this event once before and once after! Pretty cool stuff.

Craig

Can't wiat till one of these babies is pumping out sweetness from my office deep in the heart of old Hollywood!

• Moderators

The NOS Valves room featured a mix of modern and vintage gear. Craig Ostby was demonstrating his company's VRD-45ST push-pull ultralinear tube amp ($2,199). Doors were reproduced with great dynamics and negligible horn honkiness. I was very impressed with the terrific image focus and palpability on "Love Me Two Times."

Congratulations Craig!!!!! And with the Doors no less, doesn't get better then that. But I have a problem I hope you can help be with. I was looking to see what version of VRD's I had. I wasn't aware that there was a "dash 45ST" or any other designation, so I looked all over the outside of mine to see which one I had. I wanted to make sure I had the most up to date VRD's. After making a very carefull inspection on the outside I couldn't locate a number anywhere, so I took one of the amps apart. Took off the bottom, no number, took off all the wood pieces, no numbers, thought they might be under the iron so I removed the trannys, no number. Then it dawned on me, you sell them in pairs , mirror image of each other, so I figured you only put the numbers on one of the units. So I took apart the other one, down to the bare chassis, no numbers. I guess I am not looking in the right place. Any hoooo, I forgot how I got them apart and I can't get them back together. Can I put the pieces in a box and send them back to you for reassembly? If so, when they are there can you locate the number and make sure I have the latest version? If I don't have the 45ST, can you let me know what the cost would be to upgrade to the latest version? Also, the person I bought these from second hand would not give me the special one of a kind NosValves screwdriver for bias adjustment so I have been having to use my thumb nail to adjust the bias. Would it be possible to get one of those? If so, which version is available? I would post photos but I get an error message saying that there is no bandwidh available to post any more photos on the forum becasue of over usage in of photo storage space by an unidentified user in Maryland.

I look forward to your usual quick response and informative response,

Travis

The NOS Valves room featured a mix of modern and vintage gear. Craig Ostby was demonstrating his company's VRD-45ST push-pull ultralinear tube amp ($2,199). Doors were reproduced with great dynamics and negligible horn honkiness. I was very impressed with the terrific image focus and palpability on "Love Me Two Times."

Congratulations Craig!!!!! And with the Doors no less, doesn't get better then that. But I have a problem I hope you can help be with. I was looking to see what version of VRD's I had. I wasn't aware that there was a "dash 45ST" or any other designation, so I looked all over the outside of mine to see which one I had. I wanted to make sure I had the most up to date VRD's. After making a very carefull inspection on the outside I couldn't locate a number anywhere, so I took one of the amps apart. Took off the bottom, no number, took off all the wood pieces, no numbers, thought they might be under the iron so I removed the trannys, no number. Then it dawned on me, you sell them in pairs , mirror image of each other, so I figured you only put the numbers on one of the units. So I took apart the other one, down to the bare chassis, no numbers. I guess I am not looking in the right place. Any hoooo, I forgot how I got them apart and I can't get them back together. Can I put the pieces in a box and send them back to you for reassembly? If so, when they are there can you locate the number and make sure I have the latest version? If I don't have the 45ST, can you let me know what the cost would be to upgrade to the latest version? Also, the person I bought these from second hand would not give me the special one of a kind NosValves screwdriver for bias adjustment so I have been having to use my thumb nail to adjust the bias. Would it be possible to get one of those? If so, which version is available? I would post photos but I get an error message saying that there is no bandwidh available to post any more photos on the forum becasue of over usage in of photo storage space by an unidentified user in Maryland.

Travis

Now this is funny, I almost spit my coffee on the keyboard[:D]

Travis

Travis,

Hey no problem throw the bits and pieces in a box, ship them and I'll get right on it. Anything for you [;)]

Really hilarious post!

Craig