It's been nice knowing ya!

PhilMays

Well, the time is here. I go from being a bachelor to a married man this weekend. I have done my duty. I have tolorated the meetings with florists, banquet planners, restaurants, hotels, and the endless hours of "talks" and "planning". I have taken dance lessons so the first dance will "wow" and be "perfect".

Out with the old me! No more free listening music sessions! No more oggling women in my mind as they walk by! No more dreams!

In with the new me, soon to be rather large pot belly and all! All "yes dear's" and "no, that dress looks great on you"! Time to walk the malls and proudly carry the bags from her conquests, nay, a shopping porter!

Good by cruel world, hello new life!

PS - She promised more womanly effection after were married[:D] wait a minute.....you don't think....she was LYING!!!![:'(]

Oh Come on Phil who are you kidding, the New Me, give us a break........You will not change, you know what they say about "Old Dawgs", it's true. Nothing a good old Triple shot of Scotch won't cure.................

Best of Luck to you, and the future Mrs., I hope your as lucky as I have been for 34+ years, My God smile on you on your Wedding Day........if not head up north and stay with me....................EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"She promised more womanly effection after were married"

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Oh my aching ribs.......no stop it......please.......that was such a good one.

As someone who has been married for 23 years (well living together for 8 so married for 15 I guess) I will say this. You will still get "Oral" - its definition changes a little though - it becomes discussing why you are not getting any....

They say a man's not complete until he's married - then he's finished.

I never knew what happiness was until I got married - then it was too late.

A married man says to his bachelor friend, "It must be terrible to grow old and not have someone to love you." His buddy replies "Yeah, that's why I never got married."

Congrats!!! (I've been married 26 years.)

• Moderators

Phil,

Congratulations!!!

Dee has some very good advice. Women do not need men to "fix" stuff...they need men to "just listen" sometimes.

Have lots of fun and enjoy yourself. Congrats to you and your wife.

OH ?

Congratulations, Phil, Did you get any of them promises in writing, probably wouldn't matter anyway .