This is uncanny...just another injury

DrWho

The crazy thing is just last Monday I threw out my back while dancing! (don't ask). And a few weeks ago I sprained my wrist and just today it was put in a brace trying to avoid surgery!

I

My God Son! Did I hear a slight nasal whine with that as well?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as ibuprofen goes, like all nsaids it has what is called a "ceiling." This means that past a certain dose more will not relieve any more pain. If it is too much to bear you need to step up to something stronger, as prescribed by your doctor.

Mike... don't think i don't feel for you... BUT.... i can't believe no one picked up on:

It's crazy, but you'd think I would get
more hurt doing that, than freaking learning how to do a shirtless
dance.... [8-)]

ummm.... shirtless dance?? what happened to the shirt.... you forgot where you left it? [:)] it's not like a set of keys, you know.... [8-)] Oh... and for the posture... you still got that "lazy boy" computer chair? .... yeah.... it's gotta go....

ROb

Yea, I tried to slip that one in there...the shirt came off upon request in the comfort of my own living room. I can only imagine what y'all might think I've been up to. It's probably a lot more crazy if I mention my bro was dancing too....oh, and my dad!

Btw, I have fought off way too many adversaries to keep this chair. No way in heck is it gonna go [8o|]

Yea, I tried to slip that one in there...the shirt came off upon request in the comfort of my own living room. I can only imagine what y'all might think I've been up to. It's probably a lot more crazy if I mention my bro was dancing too....oh, and my dad!

Btw, I have fought off way too many adversaries to keep this chair. No way in heck is it gonna go [8o|]

this is weird

The gold standard for injury is:

"The Egoscue Method", Pete Egoscue.

Get the original and read it before getting the current one (easier to read the original). Has fixes that work for back injury and carpal tunnel.

eBay for $11 or so.

hmm... defective body, lugging Heritage speakers around (while working at the lab)

I don't think that will work.

I think you are going to be relegated to working ONLY on promedias...(or bose cubes?)

[*-)]

Sorry to hear about the premature wear

Promedias maybe, but Bose cubes? The man's in pain, show him a little respect... the Bose cubes are literally featherweights

While I respect a lot of the research that Dr Bose and associates have contributed to the world of audio, there's no denying that love or hate their products, they've produced some lightweight speakers (good, bad, great, terrible no judgement intended)

Hey Mike,

the body/mind connection is very important, and has to be achieved on a non-verbal, non-intellectual level...one of many things I learned from martial arts...another thing..find a good Liscesned (sp) Massage Therapist (LMT) who use a variety of techniques...an LMT can help you in ways that chiropractors can't...a veteran of two neck and two carpal tunnel surgeries speaking here. A friend of mine is a Reiki practitioner, and she's also help me a great deal...considered that I'm an overweight, out-of-shape 50 something desk jockey, I manage to keep my back from going out. Lumbar stretches every morning, without fail...

This is not getting any prettier, that's for sure!!!!! lol

TMI Doc, TMI[:^)]

... the shirt came off upon request in the
comfort of my own living room. I can only imagine what y'all might
think I've been up to. It's probably a lot more crazy if I mention my
bro was dancing too....oh, and my dad!

ummm... did any of this involve alcohol and a pole, horizontal or vertical? ... and the plot thickens... [:|]

...I have fought off way too many adversaries to keep this chair. No way in heck is it gonna go...

have you ever wonder why you've had that many adversaries? [:^)] ... but i'm sure if you showed a pic of it to your doc, he'd ok it... [8-|]

lol, no mind altering substances or poles...there were plenty of ladies though.....and cameras...... ROFL [:P]

Next time I visit the doc I'll bring a picture of my chair and ask him what he thinks. I must confess my back finds it relaxing to be sitting in it! (Probably cuz the knees come up higher than the waist) [:D]

the body/mind connection is very important, and has to be achieved on a non-verbal, non-intellectual level...one of many things I learned from martial arts...

I agree [Y]

Btw, what are lumbar stretches?

Lumbar stretch:

lay on the floor on your back. Raise one knee until it touches your chest (or as close to that as you can). Grab your knee with your hands and slowly raise your head up, touching your forehead against your knee, or, as before, as close as possible. Keep your back on the floor, don't rock or bounce. Do this about 3 time with each leg.

Since I've been doing this, my back has not gone out. As always, YMMV.

I got into an auto accident when I was around 20.  Nothing seriously wrong but the docs told me then that I had bad bones.  Even at that young age I had already had a healed compression fracture in my spine and didn't know it.  Well I tried to live a smart and healthy life but, if it's in the genetic make-up I think you're screwed.  In the 50's now.  Had neck surgery, been paralyzed and just finished getting a shoulder reworked.  Now the lumbar spine is sideways.  Right leg on fire.  Did the MRI yesterday.  All of it from bad bones and bone spurs.  Soon I'll look like Stephen Hawkings draped across my wheelchair drooling at the stereo.  

Who, I only hope that you're pushing yourself too hard and too recklessly.  I wish you a speedy and complete recovery with no relapses.

Yikes, that's not good to hear Oscar! Is this an ongoing thing you've

been dealing with, or is this a new episode that when "fixed" will

yield you a few years of "normal"?

I'm not sure if it qualifies as reckless or not, but I'm learning that

I'm more prone to injury than I used to be. I'm not sure if it's

because I'm not in as good of shape as I used to be, or if this is what

happens when you start to get older (as if 23 is old, lol...I can't

imagine how that makes the older guys feel). You only get one body, so

I try to take care of it.

Yikes, that's not good to hear Oscar! Is this an ongoing thing you've

been dealing with, or is this a new episode that when "fixed" will

yield you a few years of "normal"?

I'm not sure if it qualifies as reckless or not, but I'm learning that

I'm more prone to injury than I used to be. I'm not sure if it's

because I'm not in as good of shape as I used to be, or if this is what

happens when you start to get older (as if 23 is old, lol...I can't

imagine how that makes the older guys feel). You only get one body, so

I try to take care of it.

For me it is in the genes.  In our family my generation of males have really gotten nailed.  The bones are just lousy.  It is the "rock and the hard spot" deal.  If you baby the body it atrophies and the bones grow weaker.  I try to live an active but cautious lifestyle but I get bone spurs everywhere.  Had them in the nose.  Had them grow into my mouth from the lower jaw.  The neck, the shoulder, etc.....  Got arthritis.  Not rheumatoid but regular degenerative arthritis.  That exacerbates the bones spurs.  Got Ankylosing spondilitis where the spinus processes in the back fuse. Hopefully this latest thing won't require surgery.  I'm starting to feel like the $6,000,000 man.

Sounds to me like you might just be behind the macho guy 8 ball (in a nice way).  You take physical things just one step too far and suffer for the endeavor.  But, if you keep punishing the body it will bite you later in life (ala Evil Kneveil).  The injuries are just your bodies way of teachng you its performance boundaries.