3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

headed down to Lauderdale in 2 weeks for a business meeting/eating and drinking fest. Hope the weather is typical of Florida instead of whatr we have been getting. Cooked up a batch of my slow roasted oven 3 hour baby backs this afternoon waiting on HH Greg to arrive with the new freezer- old one died. Sipping on a jack and coke waiting for the black beans to finish. Wish I had a nice Zin to wash them down with but I am fresh out. Guess jack daniels will have to do.

VRDs have been delayed for a couple of days due to box issues. My B&K and the VPI record cleaner should arrive within the next few days.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keeping the bar open again tonite.

Got my B&K 4420 and the VPI 16.5 today Waiting on the VRDs- Hope they shipped today.

Sipping on a Basil Hayden with a few ice cubes- bottle is about gone- great stuff.

I am in for a rough few days of pulling wires and hooking up the HT amp- changing my homemade rack system out of bricks and shelvIng.

Still a few free drinks left in my bottle of Jack

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Opening the bar real early today haha. Hope thing are getting better on everyone's respective fronts. Winchester...you pretty much cleared up your wanted list, so I know you have to be happy. Just got back from an interview with Verizon...think it went well. Of course now I am probably going to get a job with the looming Cornwall delivery saga with mandatory out of state training. Probably an ETA of 2 weeks on my delivery which requires a pick up in the quad cities IA area. Cheers gents, have a cheap beer on me. ACE

I am pretty excited about getting the B&K hooked up - Never been happy with the HT recv amp since the HK 870 croaked driving my side surround cornwalls. Now I will have the 250 WPC 3 ch Carver driving the 2 front K horns and the center Lascala - 1 BK 4420 driving the cornwall side surround Cornwalls and a second BK 4420 driving the rear industrial Lascalas- 200 WPC to the sides and rears. In spite of the fact that most of the program material goes to the fronts and center on most tracks- I can still hear the weakness of the receiver amp with the sides as it is now. I have high hopes for this setup.These amps should match very well. I love these older SS amps for HT. The only downside is they die ever so ofter like the HK.

Good luck on the job- Ace- crossing my fingers

Get better Ben-I never catch colds or thre flu in the past. Been sick twice this winter- Bad stuff going around.

Steve- get youself out in the socal sun so you can harass the rest of us who are freezing our @sses off- I AM READY FOR SPRING- ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!

Headed out to the Mex joint for some cold Dox Equis draft with a longtime customer/friend.

Cheers to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't have anything to say tonite, so i'll just take a seat at the end of the bar and sit here quietly. Steve

Who is that quiet guy at the end of the bar. Has a tan so he must be from somewhere warm[:)]

Good luck with the job Ace!

Get well soon Ben. Haven't been sick this winter but its not too late.

Welcome to a couple new faces here at the bar....give Stephen and fini a drink on me.

Get that system tweaked winchester and I'll stop by some time in the spring.

Cheers gentlemen!

Having a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I made an appointment with a different ortho surgeon regarding my back. 3 discs degenerated pretty much completely. No strength (to speak of) in my left leg, can't walk on heels or tip-toes (there goes my ballet career). Feels like a hot knife being twisted in my back. Hoo-boy. On another medical note (man, I'm falling apart!), I got a cortisone shot in my wrist this morning. I was a little worried it might hurt (the wrist is a sensitive place), but it really was fine! Note to everyone: Get help lifting things. If you are tired, rest. Don't "power on through." Long after you and the crew celebrate "gittin' 'er done," you'll be left with pain that will wake you at night...and there's no one there who understands. Good to have a wife and family who mostly get it, I must say.

Hey, how 'bout them Giants!

Darn fini....hang in there bud. You're in the construction business aren't you. My bud bluesboy also in construction has problems with carpel tunnel syndrone. Gotta love the cortisone shots. Good to see you at the bar. This is the place to talk it all through....kindred spirits here.

Having a Stoli martini....heavy on the olives.

Cheers gentlemen!

Yeah, I'm a carpenter. About '86 I fell ~ 16 feet onto my back. It was on a slope (river bank), and I was REAL lucky. My head landed about a foot from a big ol' 8 cu ft chunk of concrete! Hmm...maybe it bounced off it...[:P][:S]

I've done stupid things over the years, like (with one other dude) lifting a refrigerator over a fence, etc.

Man, I'd better have another beer...

Evening folks.

Fini--sorry to hear about the back flare-up. Do you endorse cortisone shots? Doc has suggested one for my shoulder. He backed off rushing into surgery since the MRI showed the tendon/muscles/cartlidge still intact. A lot of inflammation and some fluid build-up. So he wants me to go to a month of PT and if no improvement, then cortisone shot, then if needed, surgery to shave off some of the bone and make more room. Problem is that I just had an endoscopy and I have erosive gastritis with some bleeding in my stomach. the stomach doc says lay off the motrin.

I hope all you guys are enjoying your Friday evening. Kinda cold here at the beach in SoCal--cold by local standards, i'm sure many of you would think it was comfortable. Talked to my brother--he is loving his new cornwalls--he's totally blown away at how great they sound.

The bk 4420 appears to be DOA. I can hear a click where the unit is getting power but no red light and no sound. I plan to pullo the unit out and hook it up to the 2 ch stuff just to make sure. Looks like I got screwed in a bad e- bay deal. I bought thru pay pal- We will see what happens

had a great sushi outing tonite. Great to say the least. Sipping on a Jack daniels nite cap. Looking foward to the VRDs Monday or Tues.

Cheers to everybody- have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!