3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

I lost 40 lbs since Nov and i am keeping it off. 6-3- 221 to 182. Tips- Pineaple chunks in the morning for breakfast. Drink tons of water.The south beach brand diet sweets are very good and filling. grilled fish with a small coating of olive oil.tons of OJ and other juices instead of sugared drinks. lots of gatorade.Heiniken has an excellent lite beer.I did not stop drinking but I lost the coke chasers and cut the amounts in half.I stopped eating the doughnuts and the office goodies brought in by vendors- that was really tough.I switched to the best vegetables that i could find-no canned stuff- fresh or frozen.If you make it 60 days you are home free. Good luck.

Ok I am back- long story short- my father passed away- severe kidney failure- suffering was minimal. Pretty bummed out and numb from the whole ordeal.

Glad his suffering was minimal but that's horrible news at best. Thoughts and prayers to help you and your family get through this. You will be bummed out and numb for quite a while. At least that was my experience after Mom and later Dad passed away. It will get better but will not get back to normal as you knew it. Normal will be different. Hang in there. And if crawling through a swamp is therapeutic, then by all means crawl through the swamp. Please be sure to stay away frm copperheads and anything else that's dangerous.

work is a living horrible hell- I am hopelessly swamped and I have people asigned to help me dig out after this. Busy beyond belief.

I'm not sure mine's that bad, or maybe I've learned not to kill myself or worry about things I have no control over. Many a coworks has been workforce managed out of a job or whatever management calls it nowadays (don't ya just want to punch them when they say things like "resource realignment" or "leverage our resources". I think it's time to make up my own buzz words...

We've been spending quite a bit of time training our replacements.... lost one team member to another assignment so now we all have to make up for his loss and train the 3-1/2 or is it 2 and 2 1/2 "resources" to replace him - we're supposedly getting more work. One of the data center DBA's is going through the same thing and mentioned "babysitting" ...

Wiley Scott hit the nail on the head with this one ... and drove it in deep ... www.gocomics.com/.../17

Chuck- I thought about you and your wife throughout this nightmare- I pray that she is better- call me if you need somebody to talk to.

Julia and Chuck still in my thoughts and prayers.

Anybody here can call me if you need somebody to talk to / yell at. I've lost both of my parents so I know what that's like but Dad was > 12 years ago at the age of 79 and Mom > 30 years ago at the age of 51.

Went to the funeral home visitation for an old college friend's father over the weekend. Hadn't seen her or her husband in probably 10 years or so. Probably hadn't seen her father and mother in over 25 years. Way too long. Talked to Danny for over an hour, naturally about music, his LP collection has grown to over 5,000, and he buys and repairs turntables. I think he said he has 8. Not sure if any are above run of the mill Technics or Pioneers or if he even sells 'em. Interestingly Danny never talks to anyone that much. Guess you just have to pick the right topic? Also maybe a good escape from playing host at the funeral home. I've always liked him just never really talked much. More Saturday night than all the other time combined I'm sure. Their daughter even took a picture "as Dad never talks to anyone". Reinforcedmy thoughts of inviting many family members and friends even if I've not seen them in years to our daughters wedding next June as many of my family members I've last seen at funerals.

Hang in there Winchester. It will get better.

SWMBO decided we WILL go on a diet....

You have my sympathy. Team SWMBO here, or at least the 2/3 still living in our home, have decided they will go on a diet. Trying the migraine diet as SWMBO 3 gets a lot of migraines that seem to be triggered by yeast. SWMBO 1 wants to lose 40 lbs by SWMBO 2's wedding next June. Thankfully they haven't put me on same diet but I could stand to lose quite a bit.

But I'm dying... 6'1" and 190, and while I'd like to go back to 175, this "Vegetable Madness" menu is very frustrating, to say the least.

6'1" and 190 I'd think is about right. 175 might be better but not like you're even close to being considered obese. "Vegetable Madness" sounds like torture and while many women, and even some men, can survive ok on veggies, I've come to the conclusion that most men need meat. Real meat. No veggie pretend meat. Maybe you should convince her that you could be even more buff following a low-carb diet? Hmmm... how to work the Sam Adams into that one?

What goes better with lettuce, spinach and radish salad? MGD's or Mick Ultra's?

A quiet vegetable eating dog under the table and rations that are fit to eat hidden away in the man cave, workshop, or maybe better yet at work, unless you've retired. Maybe you'll need to visit Fender on a somewhat regular basis, to help, him uh rebuild something, that's it...

I'll hopefully be in Venice over Christmas, if we can conjure up the travel funds.... maybe I can figure out an excuse to travel to Okeechobee and smuggle in a couple of chili dogs? Might have to be a pretty good excuse as its' +- 4 hours round trip but a nice pleasant drive through the real middle of nowwhere Florida. Or you could come to Venice after I call you with I've got a line on some really nice LaScala's that I can't get and you'd better hurry.... "Yeah, that sucks Mrs Muros. We had a deal and the old fart's kid wanted them.... probably to sell them. Obnoxious punk was carting them away as we pulled into the drive...."

I lost 40 lbs since Nov and i am keeping it off. 6-3- 221 to 182.

Congratulations. I've not knowingly been under 200 lbs since my freshman year in high school though did get down to 203 about 12 years ago after or around the time my father passed away.

I've lost a few pounds recently but need to cut back on the simple carbs. Gotta lose the toast for breakfast. And the sweetened blackened tea. Those are probably the biggest offenders lately.

SWMBO got some lite orange juice. Yeah. Sounds like a bad idea and she says Sunny D is much better. So it does have fewer calories than regular orange juice but they add citric acid so if nothing else it will aid in rottin one's teeth faster. Our dentist said diet Mt Dew is actually harder on the teeth than regular Mt Dew do to the diet Dew containing more citric acid. I've been weening myself off the diet sodas lately so now to get weened off the sweet tea. Maybe tea with honey.

Our first doctor when we moved here I think had it right. If you eat it as God put it on this earth it probably isn't too bad for you. He did pretty well on the low carb diet himself. His approach when you go out to eat was buy the biggest steak you can and skip the potato, and most salad dressings, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

So has the bar been closed for repairs or something? It is smelling a bit musty in here?

I hope Marshall's surviving his veggie madness diet and limit of I think 1, not one case or even 1 six pack but one Sam Adams as in small tiny little bottle a week, or maybe a day. I'd like to think she still has a heart. I hope he isn't practically passed out quivering in a corner. Waiting for his next veggie madness meal. Maybe we need to send him a chili dog?

Hope everyone is doing well. No reports for a long time.

Just some sweetened (decaf) blackened tea here washing down some chorizo quesadillas.

Cheers everyone.

Weeelllll,...as an update, still working on my back problem. It's a chronic condition, the damage is done. Been "Experiencing" traction 2-3 X / week. Not sure if it's helping. I was able to fix my doctor's bathroom door today! [;)] Early in January I get a rhizotomy ("stunning" the nerves to the facet joints around L4. L5, etc.). My pain doctor (Michael Tran, whom I trust completely), is doing a great job, hitting the right spots with his needles deep into my spine. Epidurals, facet injections, etc. can be hit-or-miss (literally), and finding a good doc is indeed a blessing. His nurse (a real sweetheart) goes to the same church as my daughter, and gives me a hug everytime I come in for a "poke." She and the good doctor pray for me before they start the procedures, and although I don't necessarily believe prayer to be effective, it sure can't hurt. Maybe when thought of as a pre-op meditation it's more palatable to me. Bottom line? I wouldn't have it any other way. Any way one looks at it, they are a blessing in my life.

My MIL is doing great! Unfortunately, her brother passed away a month ago. Thankfully, my wife organized (insisted on, really) a family reunion this past June with her siblings and cousins, her mother and her uncle, at our place in Mt. Shasta, CA, a convenient, mostly halfway point between Rohnert Park, CA and Portland, WA (where the uncle and cousins live). They got to be together for what turned out to be the last time in a relaxed situation, with all families right there. Have I mentioned that my wife is a genius?

Of course, the Giants becoming World Champions has brightened and enhanced my fall. I'm not yet fully ready for it, but if I die tomorrow, at least I got one of my main bucket list items checked off ( FEAR THE BEARD!!!).***

***BTW, Buster Posey just today won the Baseball Writer's Association of America's Rookie Of The Year award!!

fini,

glad to hear you have some good people taking care of you. i believe in prayer--personally experienced too much not to believe.

so, did you grow a beard yet? i had one during the series; but, have since shaved it off. i didn't dye it jet black though.

buster sure deserved that award.

My MIL is doing great! Unfortunately, her brother passed away a month ago. Thankfully, my wife organized (insisted on, really) a family reunion this past June with her siblings and cousins, her mother and her uncle, at our place in Mt. Shasta, CA, a convenient, mostly halfway point between Rohnert Park, CA and Portland, WA (where the uncle and cousins live). They got to be together for what turned out to be the last time in a relaxed situation, with all families right there. Have I mentioned that my wife is a genius?

Dang Gregg your wife is a genious. We have the Samuel Peter Johanson (Samuelson) family reunion on the 3rd Sunday of July. Same date for at least the last 2 or 3 decades and what do a couple of family members do? They go and schedule the church (their current church, my home church around the corner that my great and great great grandfathers who passed away long beforfe me probably helped build, maybe my grandfather and even father might've helped on a few of the updates?) picnic for the 3rd Sunday in July.

Hmmmm. I think I will write (email) Pastor Dennis (as he goes by) and requestfully submit a request to have the church picnic scheduled for any other Sunday just in case any of my cousins might want to attend the family reunion? Might at least make 'em squirm a bit if that question is brought up at a church meeting.

Anyway, I'm getting tired of only seeing family members when somebody dies. Naturally it's good to go to support the survivors but doggone it I'd like to see some of these people for something happy. Therefore, they are all getting invitations to our daughter's wedding next June. I don't expec most to come or even acknowledge the invitation but a few might. The one's that probably are too busy to come will most likely at least send a representative (Dairy, sheep, etc farmers - they're on the go pretty much 24/7. Maybe the older cousin who I last saw at his daughter's and fathers funerals. Quite a few of his cousins that are closer by blood at least didn't make her funeral but I hope at least stopped by the funeral home. I've lost both parents and the support of friends at that kind of time is priceless. I can't even imagine the hell of losing a child at 24 or younger.

Of course I have to round up addresses for all these people.... guess I better get the wife and myself busy ...

I'm not so concerned abuot his side. They supposedly have a large local family. And his parents have already told our future son-in-law and daughter they aren't helping out, at all, so the fewer they invite the fewer we have to feed. Jeesh. I wonder if we have to do the rehearsal dinner too?

And for some reason our daughter didn't like my idea of a big cookout with burgers and dogs. Heck I'd have even put some beef and pork on the smoker but would be doing good to cook for 20 much less over 200. They think they're inviting about 300 and that a lot will come. So if they do invite 300, 200 would be an exceptional turnout I'd think. Packed, our church only seats maybe 160 and comfortably 100 might be pushing it? Especialy in June. So we're looking for a bigger one. And she doesn't want a big tent. Would be fine unless it rains. And we still need to hire a photographer. Though oddly enough, we have the party hall booked. And the preacher. But no sanctuary or photographer. This is cousin clem... he got a newfangled digitar or whatever they call 'em camras just last week...

Ofg course, the Giants becoming World Champions has brightened and enhanced my fall. I'm not yet fully ready for it, but if I die tomorrow, at least I got one of my main bucket list items checked off ( FEAR THE BEARD!!!).***

Congratulations Gregg! Not much of a baseball fan but it was kind of cool that the Giants and Rangers made the big show. Though I was pulling for the Rangers. The last major league baseball game I attended was the Rangers in the old Arlington Stadium. Wife was 8 or 9 months pregnant with our 1st daughter. Nolan Ryan on the mound. I think he carried a no hiiter into the 4th or 5th inning. Rangers lost in the 10th or 11th? 100 degrees at 10 PM. We went with some of our Belgian co-workers and they have no idea about baseball so I'm trying to explain baseball to Benny ... I have been to ok, maybe 1 Indianapolis Indians minor league game in the past few years - Victory Field in downtown Indianapolis has got to be one of the prettiest ballparks I've ever seen. Many high school softball games. I know quite a bit different but they don't waste so much time, uh, adjusting their protective gear. And a few high shcool baseball games. To be truthful (ducking) I'm more of a soccer fan.

Gregg. Yes there is a really good photographer in Indy .... but said photographer has retired from wedding photography.

p.s. Elyse requested I check with Michael before we hired anyone else but he last did Gary's daughter's wedding a few months ago and said he knew it was his last. Incredibly demanding and stressul to do a wedding right and he did it right.

I'll open the bar with a quick gin and tonic tonight and say cheers to everyone here or not. Seems like most of our regulars have had a rough year...but I can not complain. Getting ready for the holidays around here, it will be a nice change from the unemployed christmas of last year...I can actually afford the electric bill to have some christmas lights (was actually surfing CL to find some more when I thought to pop in the bar haha) I hope everyone has a good week, root for my Bears tomorrow and try to keep those stools warm.

ACE

Hope everybody is doing well. Thanksgiving went fairly well given the circumstances. We opted for the store catered Turkey dinner. Was ok . Strange not having dad around barking orders to the boys.Lots of wine and sweets- going to wreck my diet for sure.

Thought about Chuck & julia many times- hope they are OK.

Older son shot a nice doe the other day - waiting on some venison. got some frozen salmon that is the best that I have had in a long time- dont know why but is is better than the fresh wild caught in the store- hoping to get another load on Friday.

Just got in from the salt mine- trying to decide between a makers 46 and a vodka tonic.

ben and fini- hope you guys are doing well- chek back in tomorrow or friday

Cheers