3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

All good beers have a place and purpose. All good beers taste their best when they are consumed right where they are made, or close enough with local food. So many beers, so little time, the palate is a wonderful thing, and preferences can be equally justified depending on circumstances. Beer is too fun to argue about point of origin.

I will admit the Belgians have a beer thing going.

Pulled out from the "stash"... a Witkap Pater Abbey (brewed in Ninove, Belgium) - Triple Ale

"Quaff Quote" from The Encyclopedia of Beer.... "The size of Belgium is in inverse proportion to the greatness of it's beers" - Christine Rhodes, Editor (1995)

And I'm not giving any up for "cooking".... headed to the man cave and lock the door. Crank up a little Manfred Mann's Earth Band.

And todays selection, with a fresh batch of homemade Pico De Gallo (with home grown "death variety" Jalapenos...)..

From the Yukon Brewing Company in sunny Whitehorse, Yukon CA - Lead Dog Ale.

Supplies for the brewery are trucked in from 1500 miles away (Now That's dedication). The Yukon Territory has the highest per capita consumption of alcohol in Canada. But then again when it's -40 degrees, what else is there to do? Wait!! Don't go there!!![6]

how did you like that one?

Twas not bad; little bitter, but half way through the glass, not bad at all. Almost ike there's some citrus in it. I let the glass sit and did the pool chores (Florida... we can swim in January...) and just came back. It tastes better not so cold. I'll bet it's much better as a tapped ale in a pub.

No offense to Germany but no one can touch Belgian beer.

Unverschämtheit, for this comment I challange you to come over to Germany and we will do a round!!! And we will not stop testing until you accept the fact that German beer is better or we are both under the table!!! We meet at dawn with frosted mugs!!!(Did you feel the white glove thwacking on your cheeks???) I agree that Belgian beer is tasty, but is far insuperior to a good German Bräu. [;)]

Ran

(This said very light hearted and good humored!!!!)

I haven't seen any Hamms on the store shelves in forever.

This weekend I had a Porter, Wheat, Marzen, Bud Light and several homemade beers. Now those were interesting because they have been in my basement for almost 2 months. As I opened one up I noticed a root beer odor from the bottle. When I put this batch up I used root beer bottles. Apparently the beer took on the characteristics of the A&W root beer that had previously resided in the bottle. It wasnt bad just different. Root beer beer-I wonder if their would be a market for that? Before brewing another batch I will buy some Grolsch style bottles with swing tops. Hmmmm I wonder if they come in blue?

Hey Buck, wasn't it illegal to transport Coors across the mississippi back in the 70's and early 80's?

I believe that is correct .................. plus, that's when Coors busted their Union, filled brewery with SCABS while Union was on strike, I don't believe the strike was ever settled, Union out, scab labor in ................. Now look at them !!!!!!!!