3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

The Sam Adams Utopia arrived.... I'm looking at it. Very pretty.... Tomorrow's the big day. The test..... If this stuff sucks, I'm going to just cry. [:'(]

But then again, maybe I should have a few regular, mundane, pedestrian level Sam Adams to warm up?[;)]

So how was the Utopia?

sorry to hear that groomlake.... btw the bubble wrap and the silica was not in the original packaging

Not your fault at all!!! You just cannot tell until you actually try it. It just was not up to "Eisbock" standard. I guess I was spoiled in Germany..... people on eBay are going nuts over the empty bottle!!! One of them sent me an email and asked me how I could say such a thing. My answer back was, "easy, I tried it along with 4 other people and all agreed that it was not worth it unless one just wants to collect the flask". The flask is "cute", but oh well.... It's like 200 year old "Grand Napoleon" or whatever cognac.... It's still cognac.... I was "treated" to a thimble full from an ex father in law in germany back in 1974 and I behaved myself, but... it was just cognac...

sorry to hear that groomlake.... btw the bubble wrap and the silica was not in the original packaging

Not your fault at all!!! You just cannot tell until you actually try it. It just was not up to "Eisbock" standard. I guess I was spoiled in Germany..... people on eBay are going nuts over the empty bottle!!! One of them sent me an email and asked me how I could say such a thing. My answer back was, "easy, I tried it along with 4 other people and all agreed that it was not worth it unless one just wants to collect the flask". The flask is "cute", but oh well.... It's like 200 year old "Grand Napoleon" or whatever cognac.... It's still cognac.... I was "treated" to a thimble full from an ex father in law in germany back in 1974 and I behaved myself, but... it was just cognac...

Somehow I think you might get atleast 50 dollars back from the bottle alone.....

Also to report, someone brought two of them also so we have 2 left........since we brought a case (6)

I have tried some "expensive and nice" cognacs and it tasted horrible to me, like eating wood....... Your mouth is what dictates good and bad, not someone that claims it is good.