3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Here's a unique site: www.leinie.com

Here's their instructions on how to drink beer....... Don't laugh!!! This is important!!![:D]

Have you ever been served your favorite brew of Leinenkugel's without head (foam collar)? Or have you been served a nicely headed Leinie's, but in a glass with bubbles lifting from the bottom and clinging to the sides? Do you know what it means to put a head on a beer?

We're discovering there's a whole new generation of beer lovers, bartenders and servers out there that haven't been educated in the art of pouring, serving and enjoying a full-flavored beer. Maybe it's the wide popularity of less-flavored light beers that's caused this change. We're not sure how it happened or exactly when it happened, but we know we have to start to spread the word to help remedy the problem.

Why? Your Leinie's will taste even better when it's properly poured and served. And it's easy to execute. There are only two requirements to gain this full appreciation.

First, you need to have a beer-clean glass. Beer is approximately 92 percent water. Therefore, it can pick up any residue left on the glass after washing--like soap film, rinsing solution, grease or dust. Here's a great four-step method for ensuring beer-clean glassware.

Rinse a clean glass with hot water and sprinkle the inside with salt. Now, use your CLEAN fingers or a clean paper towel to rub the salt around the inside of the glass.

Rinse away the salt with hot water.

Rinse again with cold water.

Set the glass on a clean paper towel to air-dry. (Do not dry the glass with a dishcloth, if you don't have time to allow the glass to air-dry. The dishcloth surface might be holding on to all the little gremlins you're trying to avoid. Instead, pour the beer into the wet glass.)

To test for cleanliness, pour your Leinie's into the glass. If the bubbles cling to the bottom and/or sides of the glass, or if you see a steady stream of bubbles rising from the bottom, your glass does not pass the beer-clean test. (Remember, we're talking bubbles, not foam which will cling to the side of a beer-clean glass with each sip.)

Second, you need to pour your beer properly. For your full enjoyment, serve beer with an ample foam head. You'll want at least two fingers of foam (That's the width of your index and middle finger side-by-side.) Professionals pour beer gently into a tilted glass and then straighten the glass as the foam appears. If you want an even larger head, pour your beer directly into the bottom of the glass. The more foam the better for tasting because it releases the carbon dioxide in the beer, which helps to bring out the flavor and aroma.

Every time we choose to drink our beer "headless" we lose out on taste. We also end up drinking a lot of carbon dioxide. And we all know how that affects our stomachs and heads.

A great glass of Leinie's should be a treat to the senses. Enjoy its appearance, taste, and smell through a beer-clean glass and a great pour.

OB: I've had to really cut back to less than 10-12 "brews" a night!!![ip][H] At our age, we have to take care of ourselves!!! LOL!![;)]

(just kidding!!!!) But since the thread is devoted to the enjoyment of the fruits of the zymurgy masters!!! I figured I'd throw in some of the neat beers/ breweries that I've run across in my 57 odd years.... (odd? nah, bad choice of words... but then again...)

"Leinies" is a pretty neat small brewery up there in Wisconsin. Not a "fancy dancy" micro brewery like the Flying Dog (Hunter S. Thompson's favorite...), but small enough and family run. Very reasonable prices, even here in Florida. Their specialty is "wheat" beer, and is very similar if not identical to the German "Weiss" beer from around Berlin (Berliner Kindl comes to mind).

We even cook with beer (alcohol evaporates very quickly when heated). My wife (who does NOT drink anything except a glass of red wine once a month) actually has a certain "heavy" porter style beer she buys just for cooking the Sunday roast beef (Yuengling's Black and Tan). Lagers are very good for soaking shrimp and making shrimp batter. Oh well that's what happens when you've lived in a country that pretty much sets the world standard for brews!!!

OB: The Return of the Colorado Pee Water Contest!!! I'm not surprised. I remember the hype about Coors back in the 70's when you could not get it in many states. When they finally got some into Texas everybody thought it tasted 'watery'. But I guess that real light Coors taste is what alot a folks like. Oh well. Have you tried a Sam Adams Light? It's really quite good and has the low carb/calories but you cannot tell the difference (IMHO).

This message brought to you from the Home of The Lager Legends......

Me, I don't really like LIGHT Beer, but I didn't buy the brewski, I drank it...................[:|]....I won't buy Coors Beer, but I'll drink it, Union busters, Coors !!!! I remember Coors and Hamms could not be bought in the North East, for many years !!!!!!!!!!!! Carry On Ol' Lager Legend..............

Beer Count .............2 cans Hineycan, Yuk !!!!! ..... 2 bottles Mich Lite, drinkable, ok !!!! ..... 12 pak Rolling Rock bottles, yup, it's cold ......what's this green leafy thing someone left on my coffee table? ......... I think I'm ready, warm up the Tubes, let the week-end begin, oooops it's Saturday Morning, no big deal, I'll pretend it's afternoon, snicker, snicker ................. I'm headed down the wrong road again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................[:D]

It's cool, a couple of cold ones in early AM is plenty for me, don't do it often, just now and then, listen to some tunes, fall asleep and drool, wake up, and wonder why the hell I did that .................... EH !!!!!!!!!!!!! She went shopping with her mother .............. [:D] ............