Congratulations Bob Riff

BobRiff: Many congratulations, Bob. They could not have gone to a nicer fellow. I sure hope to get an invite to hear those babies once you get them installed and tweaked at your place! Pretty Please! Allen Park's not that far from Bay City! Enjoy! - Glenn

Picky,

Absolutely!

However, it may be a while. Trey mentioned something about 2009? [:'(]

Oh, and one other thing...you'll have to promise not to laugh (at least out loud) at MY home theater. [:)]

2009? Sheesh! I guess you'll just have to come over and listen to my theater until then! LOL

Trust me: I never, ever look down my nose at someone else's effort. There's no such thing as a bad home theater. It's all good! [:D]

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Klipsch Employees

BobRiff: Many congratulations, Bob. They could not have gone to a nicer fellow. I sure hope to get an invite to hear those babies once you get them installed and tweaked at your place! Pretty Please! Allen Park's not that far from Bay City! Enjoy! - Glenn

Picky,

Absolutely!

However, it may be a while. Trey mentioned something about 2009? [:'(]

Oh, and one other thing...you'll have to promise not to laugh (at least out loud) at MY home theater. [:)]

I hope we can get them to you before then.

I pulled them out today, to start putting the networks in the cabinets.

We can talk about an idea on how to make them pretty and adding grills.

Trey,

They're a little like my wife: They already look pretty to me, but I guess a little extra "makeup" couldn't hurt.[;)]

Colter sent you my contact info, right?

I really appreciate all your hard work on these.

This weekend, we're going shopping for new furniture for the "nursery" that my new babies will be living in. I want the room to look just right for them. [:)]

Bob

I may have to put them up for bid. more than one guy wants them....

on Ebay?

or maybe TREY-BAY?

JJ

Yea, thats the ticket.

TreyBay.

Trey,

Well, I've been thinking about this. There is no reason for you to get in trouble with folks who might get into a bidding war on these Jubilees.

There's a solution for a win-win situation all around. I'd propose to take these Jubilees under my wing until next year's gathering. Then, you can use them again for next year's door prize.

• Moderators

I just remember Trey finally pulling the winner and saying, "It starts with a B." I looked over at my dad half-jokingly. Then <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Troy read off my Dad's name and it was just like a dream at that point. The next morning when I woke up I was seriously questioning myself if it really happened. It still doesn't seem like it really happened even today. It probably won't sink in until he has them, and even then it's going to seem unbelievable.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

One thing's for sure, when he gets the Jubes set-up I'll be visiting often (probably more often than he would like).

Once again, thank you very much Roy, Trey, Michael (if you ever need any more speakers picked up in Michigan let me know) and to everyone at Klipsch.

I know exactly what you are saying, it's a year later for me and it's hard to belive !

Congratulations Bob, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. [Y]

Joe, thanks for bringing the Academy down. I drove up to Elkhart yesterday to pick up a KP115 woofer cabinet I'd purchased two months ago. Saw the sign to Niles Michigan and thought of you guys. It was a nice day for a drive but I've got to cut back on the purchasing and test and enjoy what I have now.

The dual stacked LSI's were sure sounding great yesterday for my July 4th celebration!

Michael

In front of everyone, I owe Bob an "I am sorry". Things have been so crazy around here that I have not finished the Jub's for him.

We hope to get them into the paint booth next week to "clean" them up a bit.

Trey,

No apology needed. Another week probably won't kill me. [:'(]

Thanks for the update. [:)]

Sounds to me like we need a Michigan unload,j install, and test party, involving the Michigan contingent. Myself, Picky and a few others would volunteer to unload them, I'm sure. Bay City is closer to me than Picky but not by much.

Claude

Thanks Ben,

Actually, I've owned a set of K-Horns for twenty years (started out with with a set of LaScala's before that).

I did feel a little guilty though, as this was my first Pilgrimage. [:$]

I'm going to do my best to get over it though. [<:o)] [:D][D]

Bob

Is this the smirk of a winner or what? Go Michigan!!

post-22904-13819338951684_thumb.jpg

Claude,

Thanks for the offer to help unload, but I've got two sons with good strong backs.[;)]

We might be able to arrange for an "audition" once I get them set up though. It sounds like I should have them before the first snow storm anyway. [:)]

• Klipsch Employees

Well Dre'  has to go to china So it looks like I will be shipping them to you.

I got the network in to one of them on Fri.and I will work on the other Monday.
We can toss some paint on them and ship by the end of the week.

I didn't know it was going to be this hard to let them go.....

Bob, can I come visit some time?

Bob,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I've got a van that could hold them when they're ready to travel. If a Sunday would work, you could get a ride to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Detroit (Birmingham), we could load the Cornwall Vault[1] in the van to take to Indy, go collect your prizes and I could return you and the Jubilees to Bay City.

Neil,

We are in the process of getting my son's new house fixed up so he can move in (and move out of mine [:)]). At this point, we're shooting for next weekend to "make the move".

A weekend "road trip" to Indy could be interesting, but with all that's going on, I think it would be best to have them shipped.

I really appreciate your generous offer. It's unbelievable how people on this forum volunteer to help each other out.

Thanks again.

Bob

Well Dre' has to go to china So it looks like I will be shipping them to you.

I got the network in to one of them on Fri.and I will work on the other Monday.
We can toss some paint on them and ship by the end of the week.

I didn't know it was going to be this hard to let them go.....

Bob, can I come visit some time?

Yes Trey. As one of the fathers of these babies, I think you deserve "visitation rights". [;)]

BTW, my wife wanted me to tell you that she thinks we've all gone off the deep-end. Maybe Christy could talk some sense into her.[:)]

Bob