Things not to do on the Pilgrimage... or what happens when Anarchist comes to town.

anarchist

I am sure many had a fine time at the event. For myself, things were a little disconcerting and even traumatic. The event started well enough, I arrived and blended into the crowd while remaining incognito... or so I thought.

As I was scoping out the scene and identifying various individuals from their forum personalities, Dean approached and introduced himself. Taken aback, I pretended to ignore him and hoped he didn't remember any of our discussions on religious matters. He pressed on - "I am Dean, who are you?" I am Robert, I replied. Dean immediately invited me to go outside to continue our discussion.

After a brief hiatus, we were able to return to the meeting room and decided a cooperative relationship was in our best interests for the remainder of the trip. We discovered Dr. Who talking to Michael Hurd, both listening to Jubilees, and decided to approach him and question his endless need to use math to explain why we weren't hearing what we thought we were hearing. Before we were able to physically persuade him of the senselessness of his mathematical solutioning, some crazed (I thought she was drunker than a skunk trapped in a beer keg) woman with open sores on her arms approached us asking directions to the Klipsch gathering. As we stood there contemplating her sanity, she read our name tags and quickly slapped all three of us screaming "NOSValves says hello, you ba$tards."

Stunned, Dr. Who began explaining impedence while Dean tried to sympathize. I, myself, was asking where is Amy when you need her to ban someone. We were all quickly brought back to reality when she then started asking "was that hard enough", "should I have used an open hand", "what if I had worn white gloves", "was the scream too loud"... mixed in with a few Furman questions. I quickly looked to see if anyone else had noticed the fracas and fortunately, Trey was blasting some kind of speed, thrash metal that
skonopa had brought on the Jubilees at insane volumes and most were
preoccupied with shaking their heads and plugging their ears.

I needed some respite and sought solace at the bar while Dr. Who went back to discussing measurements and Dean looked for a familiar face. I had just ordered a cosmopolitan when some guy shouted "liberal" and sucker punched me. As I looked back at him, I recognized IndyKlipschFan. As I was about to respond in kind, some wild hair guy came over and questioned if I was going to be any trouble. I tried to hide my name tag and said no. Immediately, they damanded to know who I was. I said Robert from China hoping Indy would offer me a job. No good. They demanded my forum name. Not thinking quickly enough, I said "dflip." Unfortunately, this didn't work and both pounced on me.

I awoke to find myself tied to the front of a set of MCM's with the wild hair guy yelling "Welcome to the House of Klipsch" and rolling out a bunch of equipment. Indy stood in front of me and explained my predicament in more words than necessary. A diabolical plan which in short was "Michael" was going to crank up the volumes until my ears bled and my head exploded. As the volume increased, it was all too much... I drifted off into unconciousness while hearing Indy repeating something to do with "practicing man-love." Fortunately, Colters neighbors called the cops and complained about the volume levels. The police had arrived and arrested Indy for attempting to perform an obscene act in a public place.

Sometime later, I was found in a Steak & Shake sitting next to Roy Delgado mulling over 402's and 510's.

Welcome to the forum Blvdre.....as you can see.....a pretty lively crowd.

Thanks Tarheel. From what I've seen so far, this forum looks to be full of stubborn, deviant, know-it-alls. I should fit in nicely ;)

What no.................arrogant....opinionated....and self serving.....OH YEAH, Welcome..............

Don't let Anarchist fool you with that story, He and Indy were sitting next to each other at dinner on Saturday night making eyes at each other.

Steve

I sat across the table from them at breakfast when they were talkin' 'bout man-love. Can't remember who started it, but I was keepin' an eye on 'em.[:S]

I'm sure Roger and Robert will be back at each other's throats as soon as the glow subsides. Robert and myself did O.K., we just stayed off the hot topics, which didn't leave much.:) Nice write up Robert, too funny.