how do you deal ??????????

how do you deal with the anticipation ????????

when you are waiting on a new addition to the system, that you feel will be the cats meow..........and the waiting seems to take entirely to long, (of course the mind plays tricks with time the more you want something the more the mind plays)

me i walk around the house and grumble alot [8o|], piss the wife off [A], basically like a kid in a candy shop with no money [:$]..................................(oh yea im a mature one !!!!!!!!!!![:'(]

Joe

Hope your not talking about the ST70 I shipped:)?

UPS says it will be in your hands today.

What did you buy now? More Supratek goodies?

hey pete the amp is here and looks great,( came about 1 hour ago ) no i wasnt talking about that....................supratek goodies? no not those either..................i am awaiting a pair of aer drivers and a pair of oris 150 horns. its not like im suffering now i have oris 200 horns with lowther dx 3 drivers. and they sound great but the aer is supposed to be a major step up been described as a lowther on steroids, yet the highs not quite as harsh at higher levels (lowthers have a tendancy to be a little harsh on the top end at higher volume) i know i will get them soon.

Joe

I distract myself with planning. What's this Thebes, we've seen you in action before. You couldn't plan a bowel movement.

Ha, Ha I say.

Where's the new gizmo gonna go? What should I play first? What should I hook up to it first? What about add-ons?

Old pre-amps busted. Try to fix it. Now it's really busted. Plot, strategize, take memos and meetings, do lunch, roll the dice, take a flyer. run it up the flagpole. The Twins scream bloody murder, but I order it up anyway. (Hey, what could possibly go wrong.)

Hunt down a rare and revered quad of 6DJ8 Siemens "A" frame getter signal tubes and a pair of creme-dela-creme Nos Amperex E81CC 12AXT's.

Now I'm peeking in the mail box every day for not one, but three different packages. A little bead of sweat rolls down my forehead. Hey, it's summer I'm not worried.

On Monday the quad arrives, test out great and truly NOS. Wednesday,. Big box. Pre and and separate power supply weighing in at over 30lbs. A whole lot of iron for a pre.

Today, the 12AXT's arrive. Test better than new, highest I've ever seen on my tester.

Everythings hooked up. the Twins have dolled themselves up "Roaring 20's Flapper outfits. You know, white, shimy, shimy, shake, shake Bettie Boops complete with curled blond tresses. I'm showing all white. Duck pants, white satin shirt with a thin white sweater thrown artfully over the the back of my neck and shoulders.

The changers full of ragtime. Started out dancing a little Charleston. The gals look to be in fine fettle, arms all akimbo and smiles for miles. Got some paddles so we can do that fake paddling the canoe thing later. Ah my sweet Clementine's.

Wonder what this gadget I bought is anywho. Care to take a guess?

post-14801-13819339773822_thumb.jpg

Here's a look at the guts. Those black tubes say Made in France. I promptly named them "Freedom Caps".

That's the funniest thing I have read in a long time. I almost fell off my chair I was laughing so hard.