WHAT CAN I EXPECT IN YEAR 47?

BigStewMan

Let's see, I hit 58 this past June. It has been a great year so far. 2005 was not as good as my wife passed away from skin cancer. Life moves on and you learn from it. I am pretty satisfied with my life right now. Got a girlfirend, and we're serious about each other. Kids are doing pretty well. Job is going ok. Yup, life is good.

And what if everything else was falling apart? Life would still be good. I have my reasons for saying that.

Cheers,

Bruce

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

STEW MAN,it's just a number, it's all what you make it I guess. This time last year, I thought I wouldn't make it to this point, but I did. 59 closing in, 60 next year.............Old God damn Geezer........Yeah Man, but I earned it.......What hurts the most, is loss of friends, you can't stop it, but it still hurts. Me, I'm to the point where I'm Thankful for everyday I have on this earth........as we all should be, good day or bad day !!!!!!!!!!!

Today is my 56th bday and I don't feel 9 years older than 9 years ago.

Did that make sense?

It does take longer for the morning aches and pains to resolve themselves, but eventually it's 'come on, lest's go.'

Happy Birthday to you and me.

jerol

Hmm, 47...let's see...

I'd say expect more frequent hemmoroidal flare-ups, more objects disappearing from where you just set them down, and an increased appreciation for Barry Manilow.

Dee and dtel, you guys are too funny!

Christy, you made a typo, I think. Didn't you mean 39??

at age 47 I'd officially outlived my Father,

Me too...and I'd already outlived my mother...and my second father (i was adopted after my parents death).

My dad died at 35 (cancer), my mom at 33 (killed by drunk driver on Thanksgiving Night 1968), and my adopted dad died at 45 (cancer). i don't feel old; but it is a real strange feeling knowing that by this age, my parents were long dead. To quote of the midwest bands (that were great in the 70s) REO Speedwagon, I just "Keep Pushin On" and "Roll With the Changes."

Sidenote: REO is a real good example of a group taking the band away from the guitar player (Gary Richrath) and giving it to the singer (Kevin Cronin). When they did that they started their decline.

I don't think I'll ever forget what a friend told me when I was 26. She was in her early to mid-50's.

She said, "Dee, you know, I still feel just like I did when I was 16.... (she paused and glanced down at her hands and smiled)... only now I have my mother's hands."

Now that I'm looking back from that age, what she said makes alot of sense.

REO is a real good example of a group taking the band away from the guitar player (Gary Richrath) and giving it to the singer (Kevin Cronin). When they did that they started their decline.

Gary was in a group that used to practice at my house... sometime around 1970. Maybe just after. The Vietnam War was still going on. He was a very nice guy, and an incredible guitarist, even then.

Bruce

REO is a real good example of a group taking the band away from the guitar player (Gary Richrath) and giving it to the singer (Kevin Cronin). When they did that they started their decline.

Gary was in a group that used to practice at my house... sometime around 1970. Maybe just after. The Vietnam War was still going on. He was a very nice guy, and an incredible guitarist, even then.

Bruce

Bruce

Bruce--that's cool. people laugh at me; but i think gary is the most underrated guitar player. what kind of guitar was he playing back in those days? i've seen them several times in concert, and i think he was always playing a les paul.

BigStew---you are actually in year 48 since you are 47 years old. Don't you feel better now?

No; but i feel a year wiser! Thank you for pointing that out. Thank you all for the birthday wishes. i just had my third "free" lunch from co-workers. unfortunately, one co-worker told the server that it was my birthday and they did that embarrassing bringing a cake to the table and singing happy birthday. good intent; but why do they always bring chocolate cake? I've been chocolate-free since '83 .