It's true what they say about Arkansas

sputnik

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to one little misplaced word, it appears that people of any age can legally be married in Arkansas, with parental consent....

An extraneous "not" in the bill, however, allows anyone who is not pregnant to marry at any age if the parents allow it.

A commission that fixes typographical and technical errors in laws had tried to correct the mistake, but a group of legislators argued that the commission went beyond its powers.

The Legislature is not scheduled to meet again until January of 2009.

Got to love this holiday: The Arkansas Constitution calls for the General Assembly to meet in regular session for 60 days each odd-numbered year. Regular sessions may be extended by a two-thirds vote of the membership of both houses. http://www.arkansas.gov/house/general_assy.html

I'm sure some of our friends from Arkansas can help provide some more information on this issue and how they are going to fix it. I'm not sure which issue I want to address more, the lack of work ethic or the law that these "politicians" passed? Both issues are mind boggling, at least on the surface. 36_19_4.gif I'm sure there is a logical explanation, right?

Hey now! We're supposed to making fun of Arkansas.

In the background I can distinctly hear the immortal words from the "Forbin Project".... "This is the voice of Colossus, the voice of World Control"[:|]

Yes, you are correct. My family is from Arkansas, and (IMPORTANT - KEY THING HERE...) my wife is standing nearby with a large blunt object..... So.... We shall just avoid the whole Arkansas weird stuff thing for awhile. Besides, I really need my limbs to work next week..... [+o(]

Ouch!!!![:'(] Hey!! [:S] That was not fair, I did not say anyth%&%$^$$**[;)]

Ya'll be nice. I like Arkansas. I went to visit family last year and went to the zoo. They not only had the description of the animal on the front of the cage but underneath the description was a list of recipes.

Oh Yea, I'm proud of my "Southern Heritage"!!!!!!

Harry