Howsabout those Klipsch Palladium?

damonrpayne

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there going to be a completely new line.... Premiere?

Will there be other speakers within that same line?

Paul

Paul-at the very bottom of the news release about the Premieres, there is a statement that (8) other speakers will be introduced at CES 2008 for a more encompassing surround sound experience (or something like that).

I wonder what that package will MSRP for?? *low whistle

-David

Scott05, why doesn't your avatar move? Didn't it used to? I had that same download on an older computer, ever imitate the Beavis dance as a lark?

Well oldtimer... it used to move. Guess Beavis is slowing down as he gets older. I'm not exactly sure when he quit moving, when the forum software changed I think. Beavis was actually imitating me when he danced.

Isn't that funny -- because I've always associated "palladium" with a concert venue (frequently used that way), I thought it would be an architectural term. Not so! It is a metal (I'd forgotten that), but has this secondary definition (a surprise to me) from the American Heritage Dictionary:

2. A safeguard, especially one viewed as a guarantee of the integrity of social institutions: the Bill of Rights, palladium of American civil liberties.

Re "paragon" (also from the AHD):

par·a·gon (pr-gn, -gn)
n.

1. A model of excellence or perfection of a kind; a peerless example: a paragon of virtue.
2. a. An unflawed diamond weighing at least 100 carats.
b. A very large spherical pearl.

3. Printing. A type size of 20 points.

So, I guess one is a concert venue and the other is a peerless example.

• Moderators

$15K.......that's 60th anniv territory! Incredible, I'm speechless. Wouldn't mind hearing a set @ the Pilgrimage, and they don't look like they weigh 105# EA

They are going to be made in Hope, that should tell you right there how well they are going to be made. They are very substantial, I saw and lifted a shell in Hope, had no drivers, and there was a lot to it. I hope they have some choices on wood veneers, etc.

Roy designed the horns and one of the phase plugs, there were two other folks involved in the design whose names escape me right now, but I will fill in later.

I am really excited to see, AND HEAR, these. I am not really happy with the name either, Palladium is too common, can you even trademark it? There should have been a contest on here to come up with a name.

Travis

I think the wood grain should look even better in person but do agree that I think it would look better if the grain was all in the same direction, the solid block of wood look.... A tall relatively narrow tower probably is a lot more acceptable to most than the small refrigerator sized Heritage speakers but I always think fully horn loaded as being the true Klipsch ideal ....

Looks like the design is more in keeping with the WAF. Whatever happened to form follows function? Porsche tends to follow that ideal.

It's called the Jubilee - but apparently everyone decided it was too ugly to sound good...

I loved the idea and looks of the Premier line several years back. I thought the more contempary look worked well in main living area applications.

Now....15K a pair just seems a little pricey to me. I'm not sure how many will sell. For that kind of dough, they better sound as good as anything on the market or this may be a short lived enrty. At 15K it may be anyway.

Phil

• Moderators

I hope these are not going to replace the Heritage Series .................... I don't like that style at all, but it's not about me. Best of luck to Klipsch, and I hope they do well with their new items ...............

This will not replace Heritage. Completely different product/market/message/consumer etc. This is a NEW category for us, guys! [:)]

$15K.......that's 60th anniv territory! Incredible, I'm speechless. Wouldn't mind hearing a set @ the Pilgrimage, and they don't look like they weigh 105# EA

They are going to be made in Hope, that should tell you right there how well they are going to be made. They are very substantial, I saw and lifted a shell in Hope, had no drivers, and there was a lot to it. I hope they have some choices on wood veneers, etc.

Roy designed the horns and one of the phase plugs, there were two other folks involved in the design whose names escape me right now, but I will fill in later.

I am really excited to see, AND HEAR, these. I am not really happy with the name either, Palladium is too common, can you even trademark it? There should have been a contest on here to come up with a name.

Travis

My rf83 weigh in around 100 pounds and its about the same size

The curvature is good for cabinet resonance from what I understand, and I made the same comment on KC about the obvious borrowing of DNA from the premiere line.

I think I read that it also helps reduce cabinet standing waves in the cab. Are there any pics of the Premiere line?

I wonder if klipsch wants pics of the Premiere line circulating? I should be able to dig them out of my backups tonight, I'll post unless somene tells me not to.

post-13377-1381934405924_thumb.jpg