Why does the title of some posts have '***' at the end of them?

wuzzzer

I'm sure its some kind of filter that prevents people from posting profanity, however it changes words such as LaScalas into LaScal***. Someone just posted about the anniversary of hurricane Katrina and in the title of the post it says Katrin***.

Just seems funny to me.

• Moderators

It seems to happen only in the subject line with words that end in a or as. I have no idea why. There is a list of censored words that I have access to in this software, and I don't see anything in there that would cause it to happen.

I'm at a loss.

It seems to happen only in the subject line with words that end in a or as. I have no idea why. There is a list of censored words that I have access to in this software, and I don't see anything in there that would cause it to happen.

I'm at a loss.

Maybe the person entering the list of words to be edited is from North Carolina? [;)]

• Moderators

Our webmaster figured it out--should be all better now. That's why he gets paid the big bucks [;)]

It worked...sort of...I edited my original post on Katrina...it's corrected...but all the remaining posts in the Katrina thread still have the *** at the end. That's okay though because it should be fixed![:P]

Too bad he can't figure out the OOPS thing![;)] Oh, nevermind....I don't want to push my luck![;)]

• Moderators

Our webmaster figured it out--should be all better now. That's why he gets paid the big bucks [;)]

It worked...sort of...I edited my original post on Katrina...it's corrected...but all the remaining posts in the Katrina thread still have the *** at the end. That's okay though because it should be fixed![:P]

Too bad he can't figure out the OOPS thing![;)] Oh, nevermind....I don't want to push my luck![;)]

When you edit the subject line, the replies to your original post do not get altered.

The oops thing is not in his domain.

I keep up on a motorcycle forum where the naughty words are replaced with silly words instead of stars. When the software changes the common forbidden text to phrases like "son of a pregnant dog", "thingy head", "potty off", and "fun you" it tends to lighten the tone, improve language, and promote more creative insults.

I'm at a loss.

Maybe the person entering the list of words to be edited is from North Carolina? [;)]

yeah, maybe from Boone, NC, you know, that's where App State is. Being from Michigan, I'm sure you know who App State is, right?