KLIPSCH Palladium P-39F Floorstander.... $15,000... what??!!??

StLouisVegan

At $15,000 some of the snooty audiophile types and reviewers (those that would deserve the [bs]) might decide they're worthy of their time and consideration.

Maybe should've priced them at $20,000? Way too expensive for my blood but I suspect the cabinet will have greater WAF than Klipschorns or LaScalas or Jubilees.

But considering you could get 2 pairs of Klipschorns or 60th anniversay with some change leftover they'd better be really good.

Maybe there'll be more used Klipschorns on the market after these go on sale but I suspect the buyers may be those who wouldn't buy Klipschorns? Don't know, hope they sell well and at least get people to notice the other Klipsch product lines.

• Moderators

You must not be too familiar with the audiophile world. $15K for flagship model speakers is pretty low compared to most high-end speaker companies.

Very true, many have spent more than that on the cables alone for their high end speakers !

• Moderators

Let's see, that makes how many threads on these speakers?

Just 3 that I'm aware of. [:)]

These really are a signature piece for us, representing all the knowledge we have acquired in over 60 years--beginning with the genius of PWK--and completely crafted from custom components. There's not one "off the shelf" piece in these speakers. And the three finishes...they are just beautiful. I can't wait for you guys to see/hear them!

I can't wait to hear them.

A few years back I heard a conversation about Klipsch authorized dealers in Asia who had requested to sell Khorns above the $7500 MSRP. Their problem came from wealthy customers who would come in the store and say they wanted to hear every speaker over $10K. They thought the customers would buy the Khorns if they could price them higher. Klipsch said "no". Anyway, all that is to say that there is an ultra high end market out there and my guess is that Palladium speakers will sell quite well.

...... but I suspect the cabinet will have greater WAF than Klipschorns or LaScalas or Jubilees.

Really!! My wife looked at them and then asked me "nicely" how the Klipschorn restoration project in the garage was going.... I told her that when and if someone paid me top dollar on eBay, I'd only have to sell 5 pairs to get enough for the 39's....

Maybe there'll be more used Klipschorns on the market after these go on sale but I suspect the buyers may be those who wouldn't buy Klipschorns? Don't know, hope they sell well and at least get people to notice the other Klipsch product lines.

Unfortunately, I doubt it. These are in the "Bracket" that is in that area where we will find someone considering a 60th anniversary Khorn pair would look at.... Shame though. Here's a thought!!! What about 39"BR's" for less!!! Add your own finish!!![H] Yah right....

• 2 weeks later...