College Football!!!!

PhilMays

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Carolina SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet they won't against the Hogs next week!

you won't see me betting on that game

.....or any other SEC game this year.....

All depends on what team shows up for the game. IMO, Ole Miss, KT, MSU can beat anybody in the SEC, if the right team plays. (congrats Todd & JC)

Just can't remember the SEC or any D1 season like this. If this were the NFL, I would blame/credit the free agents, but it is not. This season could be a great thing for those who want a D1 playoff system as opposed to the present format. Just crazy, the number of top five teams, in and out this year.

tc

Akansas showed up today.

Arkansas: 48 S. Carolina 36

D. McFadden 335 yards rushing

Incredible! Looks like D-Mac is finally healthy. I bet Spurrier blows a gasket in the coaches meeting over that 2nd onsides kick.

I'm sure he will, but he and everyone else knows that had they kicked it deep D-Mac would have just finished with 375 yards instead of 335. They had absolutely NO ANSWER for the Hogs' running game, including the fullback

Akansas showed up today.

Arkansas: 48 S. Carolina 36

D. McFadden 335 yards rushing

I couldn't help it Dee.[:D]

You guys???

Seriously, what's wrong with Nutt? The QB situation is unsettled but he brings in the players and has had success. Herring is the one that needs to go. I believe Clemson cut him loose and as rivals we were sory to see him go. I think they should stick with the Nuttster.

There is no doubt he relates extremely well to most of his players. On the long term, he doesn't know how to manage a clock. You saw a little of that at the end of the first half last week. We frequently get delay of game penalties coming out of timeouts, for crying out loud. His offense is very predictable, married to the run. Yes, the last 3 yrs with our backs he should be running but he's been here 10 yrs. The wildhog formation, where D-Mac lines up at the QB spot, was not his design. It was Gus Malzahn's, who Nutt made so miserable he left to take an assistant position at Tulsa. Nutt also ran off 2 blue chippers from Sringdale, Arkansas. Our state of only 2 million doesn't produce many D-1 players much less blue chippers, so you have to keep those kids in state. That's what has divided this state. Look up Houston Nutt email. You have to understand, the UofA is all we have in Arkansas, the Pinnacle. We have no other major colleges or pro teams to divert fans attention. There is a state wide daily radio sports show that probably half the state listens to. All UofA. I play alot of golf with the guy who runs it, he lives down the street from me. Some of his information just makes you go "what was Nutt thinking". I think i'll stop here because I don't want my heart rate to rise.

btw, contrary to popular belief, Arkansas the state isn't backwards, actually quite progressive in alot of regards, imo. We just haven't been discovered yet, thankfully.

Arky is a gentleman, and displayed great restraint in his post.

........... Nutt also ran off 2 blue chippers..............

One was more than just a blue chipper. He was a QB and THE number one HS player in the country. Started and won 8 (?) games for AR. as a 19 year old fresh. As stated, AR doesn't get chances like that.

tc