College Football!!!!

PhilMays

Major Prediction.................Notre Dame will upset USC Trojans for their first win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did you consume mass quantities of alcoholic beverages prior to making that prediction?
i'm not saying that just because i'm living in usc territory; but, notre dame is just real bad. they have some decent freshmen; but they are two years away from making any noise.
notre dame always pads their schedule, so when they have a losing record that means they really stink.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Major Prediction.................Notre Dame will upset USC Trojans for their first win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did you consume mass quantities of alcoholic beverages prior to making that prediction?

i'm not saying that just because i'm living in usc territory; but, notre dame is just real bad. they have some decent freshmen; but they are two years away from making any noise.

notre dame always pads their schedule, so when they have a losing record that means they really stink.

................did you consume mass quantities of alcoholic beverages prior to making that prediction...............

Oh no. Only a sugar cube could inspire that prediction.[:D]

Horns played their a$$ off. Proud of them. Hogs getting all they want from a Jr. High team at this time. Time to clean house on the hill at AR. What a waste of talented running backs.

tc

Edit: ..............17 to 9 at the half? .............. Please allow me to say it first, so that I won't be offended when you say it. Hogs have the two best running backs in the country, and WE SUCK. Thanks for letting me beat you to the punch.

tc

The more I watch College Football, the more I like the SEC..........

SEC teams beat up on each other each week plus have
the divisional championship game thus it's very hard to get through
into the National Title game. When it does happen they usually win as
in last year. Yes I know other conferences have a title game.

Prophetic, huh?

Well, the "real" USC is ranked #10. The "fake" (as I guess we would be according to your logic) is #7.

40 point 'dogs are allowed to be competetive, not beat you in your own house. Maybe Pete lost the memo.

"That LSU team is a bunch of bullies. I doubt anyone's going to knock them off"

Hey now....! We are pretty proud of LSU!

but they are cheap shot artists. Did you see the uppercut Glen Dorsey gave the UF O-lineman (would have been a TKO in a boxing match) and the other guy that rolled under Tebow from behind while he was out of bounds? Listen, we needed LSU to beat Florida so I'm really glad they did but dayumm. They speared our guy in the back of the neck 5 seconds after he was down, ripped our quarterbacks helmet off then drilled him afterwards, chop blocked....you name it.

They're good but downright dirty as heII

Be prepared to be pumelled by the TARHEELS this weekend! UNC has been funny this year. We have been in everygame this year except South Florida whom is this years cinderella.

Butch Davis may have found his stroke against Miami, we'll see!

not to mention that James Madison win which is almost as encouraging as the near upset at East Carolina.

I will be prepared! I am bracing for the pummelling as I type, so tight in fact that you couldn't drive a finishing nail up my...

Be prepared to be pumelled by the TARHEELS this weekend! UNC has been funny this year. We have been in everygame this year except South Florida whom is this years cinderella.

not to mention that James Madison win which is almost as encouraging as the near upset at East Carolina.

I will be prepared! I am bracing for the pummelling as I type, so tight in fact that you couldn't drive a finishing nail up my...

Ahhh, so you have been keeping up with the REAL Carolina! Yes the James Madison whipping was quite inspiring. ECU obviously paid the entire umping staff, and I feel it was a mistake by Butch to play our JV unwed recent mothers in this game[:D]

Ahhh, so you have been keeping up with the REAL Carolina! Yes the James Madison whipping was quite inspiring. ECU obviously paid the entire umping staff, and I feel it was a mistake by Butch to play our JV unwed recent mothers in this game[:D]

Butch Davis will do a good job there. They have the facilities and the name not to mention their endowment is right up there with anyone's in the country. It should be a good game Saturday. I had 4 tickets and a parking pass but can't go because my daughter has tennis that day which I'm cool with. I'll watch it on the tube and be just as happy, esp. if we lose.

If you haven't seen this article you should take time to read it. It is from Charleston, SC so this guy didn't have to write this, he wanted to.

GW

LSU, the team you want your team to be

By Ken Burger <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The Post and Courier

Monday, October 8, 2007

Every now and then you get a glimpse of how this game of college football is supposed to be played. If you watched the Florida-LSU game late Saturday night, you saw the team you want your team to be.

LSU, now the undisputed top team in the land after Southern Cal fell to Stanford, showed a stadium stuffed with more than 90,000 rabid Bayou Bengals fans and a national television audience why the Tigers are so good.

Yes, they have excellent players. And, yes, they have tradition and fan support and all the amenities needed to rise above the crowded field of contenders whose fans like to run around thrusting their index finger in the air and claiming to be Number One.

But they also have Les Miles, perhaps the best football coach in the country. At least he was Saturday night.

All you had to see was the fourth quarter of this Southeastern Conference showdown against the former national champion Gators to see what good, tough, confident coaching means to a football program.

It was, in a compound sentence, one of the best performances you could hope for in one of the biggest games of the year under the most intense pressure you can imagine.

And the Tigers made it look easy.

Beauty and bravery

While LSU fans were stunned when Florida jumped out to an early 10-0 lead, Miles just clinched that strong jaw of his on the sideline, pulled his hat down tighter on his head and watched with an understanding determination.

When interviewed coming off the field at halftime, he hardly seemed frightened by the prospects of losing. Instead, he stated exactly what his team needed to do and would do in the second half. Make more tackles and score more points.

He didn't mention take more chances, but that apparently comes with the territory if you want to be Number One.

Down 10 points with the clock running against them, the Tigers pulled out all the stops. They faked a field goal that set up a touchdown. Then, needing only a field goal to tie and extend the game to overtime, Miles wanted no part of it. He went for the victory, going for it on two critical,
fourth-quarter, fourth-down situations, making it every time, barely.

The final drive, behind the gutsy running of Jacob Hester, that gave LSU its 28-24 victory with just over a minute remaining in the game was a thing of absolutely beauty and bravery.

Not only did starting quarterback Matt Flynn move his team with confidence, but also Miles was bold enough to bring in his back-up quarterback, sophomore Ryan Perilloux, in critical situations to give him the kind of steely experience you can only receive in the heat of battle.

Guts and glory

To watch LSU pull off that final, 15-play, 60-yard, 8-minute, game-winning, risk-taking drive brought college football fans to the edge of their seats all across the nation.

To witness this excellent example of guts and glory after most fans had spent the day watching their favorite teams flounder in the face of adversity was a teaching moment.

If you weren't an LSU fan or a Les Miles fan before Saturday night's phenomenal finish you probably are now.

With all due respect to the Florida Gators, who played a heck of a football game, this LSU victory gave us all a glimpse of what it means to have a great team and a great coach and how the two combine to win championships.

There was no second-guessing, no what-ifs, no question, no doubt. That final drive should be mandatory in film rooms across the nation.

Every head coach should watch it over and over again just to see how the game is supposed to be played, with confidence and passion instead of caution and fear of losing.

Reach Ken Burger at 937-5598 kburger@postandcourier.com

I would go to the battle of the Carolina's, but I'm doing a camping "Spookoree" cub scout camping trip with my son. 1st one he's ever been on and even if Carolina wins (careful) this trip trumps that 10-to-1.

I just hope he doesn't pee or poop in the tent! That's my job!