College Football!!!!

PhilMays

and South Carolina #6 in the BCS standings

I quit posting here since Georgia fell down. They almost lost again to Vandy last night. Did you see Mark Richt melt down after the game at midfield and start shoving his players for dancing on the Vandy "V" at midfield? The Vandy coach ran over to shake hands and the cops were there, the ESPN girl was there, everyone looked confused.....and Mark Richt did a Jeckyl/Hyde and tried to turn nice for all of that. He apologized to the Vandy fans publicly on ESPN. That was Georgia's best highlight.

but they made the plays when they had to. They are still young and have a great coach. And Moreno.....what a freak. They're still very dangerous. Richt is a class act.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battle for the SEC cellar:

Arkansas vs Ole Miss in Oxford.

both have zero conference wins

Ole Miss was the victim of a bad call even after the replay was reviewed. IMHO the receiver was forced out of bounds by the defender. They should have had that shot inside the 10 with 7 seconds left. Nick Sabin gets the call once again.

Ole Miss was the victim of a bad call even after the replay was reviewed. IMHO the receiver was forced out of bounds by the defender. They should have had that shot inside the 10 with 7 seconds left. Nick Sabin gets the call once again.

Mark,

I am confused about the rule. From that call, I got the impression that a player could not come back in no matter what. (?) So, I am the defenfer and you are the reciever. You are running down the sideline, and I bump you out of bounds before (not interference) the ball is in the air. Are you out of the play?

Heck, I should have been a 5'7" DB !

tc

Dee,

Hogs could very well go winless in the SEC. Ole Miss and MSU look very good at times.

tc

That is a thought I don't even want to think. Hope they beat both of these schools. They really need to.

I feel for Houston Nutt. He's a good guy, I think, but probably has no way to survive even if the Hogs should win everything hence.

The sort of sad thing is that the team's poor performance hurts DMac's Heisman chances.

The SEC will be tough as nails for any coach coming to Arkansas

Mark,

I am confused about the rule. From that call, I got the impression that a player could not come back in no matter what. (?) So, I am the defenfer and you are the reciever. You are running down the sideline, and I bump you out of bounds before (not interference) the ball is in the air. Are you out of the play?

tc

I am not clear on the rule either. But...the referee reviewed the play and came back on the field and said something like "The receiver went out of bounds on his own accord and therefore can not come back in bounds and be the first one to touch the ball. So....the pass is incomplete"....and it was 4th down. We reviewed the play on DVR over and over and it appeared the reciever was shoved out of bounds by the defender. Nick Sabin was smart and called time out before Ole Miss tried for the touchdown. He made sure that play got reviewed.

Mark,

tc

the receiver is definitely eligible if he is forced out and immediately tries to get back inbounds. If he goes out on his own then he is ineligible unless someone touches it first (defense, other offensive player or official).

I didn't see the game, just following some good advice to answer my calling since I have such an intricate knowledge of College Football.

OH NO! I've created a monster; Somebody please kill this thread before he shows up on Monday Night Football. Could he be the next Howard Cosell? I'm getting a headache already.

that's a great start, maybe in time you can work up to insomnia or maybe even an ulcer....or ED for cryin' out loud!!

Just a thought, but maybe the headaches are from pouring over out of town newspapers loking for articles to post on message boards. Try to lay off that for a few weeks and see if it helps.

OH NO! I've created a monster; Somebody please kill this thread before he shows up on Monday Night Football. Could he be the next Howard Cosell? I'm getting a headache already.

that's a great start, maybe in time you can work up to insomnia or maybe even an ulcer....or ED for cryin' out loud!!

Just a thought, but maybe the headaches are from pouring over out of town newspapers loking for articles to post on message boards. Try to lay off that for a few weeks and see if it helps.

Uh, you're the only one complaining. If you don't have anything nice to say about people try not saying anything at all.

I just thought I would give some advice as to how to control the headaches. I was just trying to help. Geez!

Both of you stop the stupid [bs]. We have/had an intelligent & civil football thread going here. Makes no difference to me who started it. At this point please stop.

Uh, you're the only one complaining. If you don't have anything nice to say about people try not saying anything at all.

I just thought I would give some advice as to how to control the headaches. I was just trying to help. Geez!

Both of you stop the stupid [bs]. We have/had an intelligent & civil football thread going here. Makes no difference to me who started it. At this point please stop.

you're right Arky. I apologize for calling Les Miles an idiot and Ken Burger a moron. I'm sorry for wishing ulcers, erectile dysfunction and other maladies on Klipschaholeio and suggesting that he had little to do but find newspaper articles from around the country hailing the unbeatable thugs from LSU. It was stupid.

Now back to the thread. South Florida goes down and the Gamecocks will crack the top 5 if they take care of Vandy Saturday.