You and your speakers..

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thebes wrote the following post at 10-03-2007 7:36 PM:

That's cute as the dickens. Must warm your heart.

Yes, it does warm my heart. I said to her draw me a picture of what makes you happy. She came back and said, "I did a picture of all of us together in Disney" That is on our fridge in the kitchen tonight. Then she said... "Oh, and I did one for you, too, daddy." (Me and the K horn..LOL) All this from a new 6 year old little girl. I told her I will post it on the internet.. THAT blew her away.. She said, "You mean everyone can see it too?" I said, "Yes," ... She paused and thought for a moment and she said, "Wow.... Cool!" Giggled some and went to tell mommie!

When we drive by Klipsch here in Indy, the kids always say, "Daddy's speaker company" and it cracks me up!!

Your kids will follow you in your dreams... make sure they are good ones!

"If I turned my back my Heresy's would be gone, along with my Scott...........My son would play rap-crap on them.......I Think Not !!!!!!!!!!!! "

Last Xmas I asked my oldest what he wanted for his present. He immediately replied "The Blacks" referring to my favorite CWs I had refinished in Piano Black. I tried to give him a pair of Carver Amazing Silvers I had put back for him. I restored them knowing they would be a kicka$$ Xmas present. NOTHING DOING!!! It was the "BLACKS" and Crown PS400/IC150a.

He went back to Iraq shortly after and had me pick them up saying "I don't want sh..t on my speakers while I'm gone. Hold 'em for me 'til I get back. And then he added "If I come back"

They're in good hands. I was worried what would happen to all my gear if something happened to me. I'm ok now. It's all been put in perspective. I'll be glad when my boys (2) are home.

Harry

My 6 year old daughter can run the main HT herself, but she has her own complete Klipsch system in her room. She probably won't really realize what she has for years to come but it consists of KG2 mains, KG1 rears, a KG 2.2V center, and a KSW-50 subwoofer powered by an entry level Onkyo receiver. She watches her movies and plays her games through her Xbox on it and loves it, but obviously prefers her movies on the BIG TV as she calls it.

My father was never much into audio, I always was. He spent money on hunting trips and Weatherby's and I spent it on home and car audio systems. My little girl will have a good understanding of what sounds good and is certainly a "Klipsch" fan even at a very young age.