Show off your 2ch system

damonrpayne

• Moderators

Nuggets; that is AWESOME.

I am envious of every system I have seen; but one..... It kinda blowse......

(Sorry; could not resist).

No need to be sorry, it does blowse.

I have to add......walking outside and hearing those Klipsch pounding away was way cool

Way to put that revived 730 to work for you.

James

Good memory, James. Bringing gear back to life is so satisfying.

I wasn't sure if the volume would be loud enough for a dance floor, and almost brought a bigger amp for the HK's preouts. Shouldn't have doubted the 730 for a second.

Yesterday I got a nice email from the bride, who left with her man early:

"I seriously can't thank you enough. I've had pretty much every one of my cousins tell me about the awesome dance party we missed once Lyle started DJing. It was the highlight of the day for many of them - especially since it was the first time Rita's kids were all together for 2 years. It was the perfect, joyous reunion for their family. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

Music is the answer!

Wow emails like that makes it event even better....

I only remembered because I still want to take my receivers up there and get them looked over, just don't know when but I hope within the next 2 weeks. I will let you know so maybe we can meet up for dinner or something.

James

Those "silver globes" are the 6L6 Tung-sol big bottle tubes

I never realized they were so tall, I take it you have to run that baby with the top off eh? I knew for a fact the VK-5 did not have exit holes in the top for tall tubes and at first I thought your chasssis had been modified but it does look like you are top off in that photo!

.......I still want to take my receivers up there and get them looked over, just don't know when but I hope within the next 2 weeks. I will let you know so maybe we can meet up for dinner or something.

James

You might consider shipping them to him. I shipped an NAD unit, he did the repairs, then I picked it up after a few weeks.

This would work if you are OK with not meeting him before giving over valuable gear. If you go this route, contact him first. You send it to his P.O. Box, then he picks up the package(s) at the local USPS. That way there are no packages sitting outside his "STEREO REPAIR" store front.

More FYI: It's an interesting place.....meaning unkept in appearance. He must not be too concerned with how the place looks. But, he's repaired three receiver units and they've been performing wonderfully.

If our schedules mesh, lunch or dinner would be great.

More FYI: It's an interesting place.....meaning unkept in appearance. He must not be too concerned with how the place looks. But, he's repaired three receiver units and they've been performing wonderfully.

My kinda place, actually. He probably knows exactly where everything is! Well, unless he's old like me...[:P]

My kinda place, actually. He probably knows exactly where everything is! Well, unless he's old like me...Stick out tongue

Fini,

I was thinking the same thing. I bet he can walk around that place with his eyes close....

James

• Moderators

"I seriously can't thank you enough. I've had pretty much every one of my cousins tell me about the awesome dance party we missed once Lyle started DJing. It was the highlight of the day for many of them - especially since it was the first time Rita's kids were all together for 2 years. It was the perfect, joyous reunion for their family. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

Music is the answer!

That was a nice thing to do, and from the way it sounds fun for everyone there. [Y]

Lets see, rent out the place every weekend charge a few dollars and have a barn party every weekend, save the profit to get some LaScalas [:P]

My kinda place, actually. He probably knows exactly where everything is! Well, unless he's old like me...Stick out tongue

Fini,

I was thinking the same thing. I bet he can walk around that place with his eyes close....

James

That's exactly what my father is like with his garage/shop. Lots of clutter, but it's a "by the numbers" operation.

That is a cool barn! How were the acoustics?

If that quonset hut shaped machine shed (barn) was anything like the one I used to have at my home in the country- the acoustics were GREAT- hardly any flat surfaces in a building like that (check the bent roof rafter) save the walls at both ends.