JamFest JubeFest LaScalaFest in TN??

Coytee

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool, we are back on the topic of JubeFest in TN. I did not have time to pick up where the diversion took place, did you set a date yet? How far are you from Memphis?

I've not set a date as that was one thing I was hoping some consensus might bring about. We've got the date in Indy to contend with as an absolute issue. Another absolute issue is getting power out to the woods. I'd rather have it out in the woods as not only do I think that might bring a more interesting atmosphere about it but my wifes uncle and father are the 2 houses next to me and they would probably appreciate the 'noise' being further away. Though, now that I think about it some...I'm not REALLY sure they'd hear much as her uncle is near deaf and her father lives on the other side of him.

hmmm.....

Regardless... power supply IS an issue as best I can tell. Until there is some comfortable resolution to that shortcoming it might just stay an interesting idea.

Would a vehicle's 12 volt battery be sufficient to power one of those AC adapters and in turn, use that as a source? (we could have 20 cars lined up?? surely one of you electrical engineers could make it work!! [6])

I built an AC power supply that I use for my studio flashes outdoors instead of a generator. The power supply is an Optima Blue Top. I don't know how long it will last or if a 600 W inverter would be enough, but it is a "true sine wave" inverter, so it will easily work just like AC power, but limited to 5 amps. I suppose I could build another one.......it costs less than $400.

Richard,

Meybe you could find a pto driven generator that you could hook up to your tractor. my nieghbor has one that I bet he would let me borrow but getting it to Tenn. would be fun. Didn't you get a new tractor a while back. That might be a little quieter than a gas generator.

Also I think the best way to get it far away would be use 8 or 10 gauge line wire and wire it into a power panel.

I would be willing to bring my battery backup power conditioner we could use to hook the equipment to.

Steve

Here's a rough layout of the land. The big circle approximates the boundaries of the farm with TVA land (woods & lake) surrounding most of the farm. The arrow is about where the houses are and the circle is the prime area I'm thinking about. Close enough anyway.

Certainly far enough away from civilization to let our hair down (no offense Buckster [:o]) and by the same token... far enough away that power supply is (as best I know) a problem.

PTO generator... hmm....

I had thought of having the tractor handy however, I think JC (or someone) brought up the idea of a bonfire and if we had a bonfire (which I'm all for.... I love fires!!) I'd want some safety items around so I was thinking the tractor would be connected to the trailer carrying the 275 gallons of water and I might have Brutus standing by with a bucket of dirt OR, perhaps, use said bucket as a mobile trash can... We've got another smaller tractor.... hmm...

Maybe we can assign some things?

Ok, all you smart guys... you figure out how to do the power.

All you logistical guys... you figure out the perfect date.

All you wonderful women... you kick your men in the hiney to keep them moving

And for Dwight, Amy's duck... well, there is more than ONE reason why I like a nice hot outdoor fire.... [:|]

post-15072-13819349653698_thumb.jpg

Hi, Looks like you guys are going to have a blast. I am working back stage this weekend in St.Petersburg, Florida at Ribfest. Our group the, NorthEast Exchange Club, raises money for All Childrens Hospital every year and has been doing it successfully (over 1million $ into the till) for 19 years. I will ask our electrician,a good friend and member, how to set up a generator for the pure sine wave power you'll require and what distance per guage wire you can go. Get back to you today. Just wanted to brag... Santana lead singer Greg Rollie and his band ( a super guy ), Bostons Fran Cosmo,Grand Funk Railroad, Edgar Winter, Kansas, Foreigners Lou Gramm, the Atlanta Rhythem Section, and Eddie Money, are performing. FUN !!! Could'nt even afford their albums when younger. Now I know them!!!

That is too cool!!!

Thanks for asking the electrical guy.

As for the band(s)... maybe they'd want to join and this COULD turn into a true JubeStock... We'd only need rain and naked women sliding down some of the embankments...

[A]

Yea, but you might get mud on your Jubbies[:o]

Life.... it's all about tradeoffs.....

Clean Jubbies... NO naked women sliding down mud embankments

Muddy Jubbies... Naked women sliding down mud embankments...

you do the math...

[6]

Richard...why not just send your father in law and your uncle on an all

inclusive fishing trip somewhere?? On second thought, that

probably wouldn't work...they would not feel comfortable leaving you

"kids" in charge of things...might have a big party or something...[;)]

• Moderators

That is too cool!!!

As for the band(s)... maybe they'd want to join and this COULD turn into a true JubeStock... We'd only need rain and naked women sliding down some of the embankments...

[A]

Oh Yea Right Coytee......you said your wife would have a fit over people sleeping on the floor....and you think she can handle naked women sliding down the embankments!!! OKAY.....keep dreaming.

That is too cool!!!

[A]

Oh Yea Right Coytee......you said your wife would have a fit over people sleeping on the floor....and you think she can handle naked women sliding down the embankments!!! OKAY.....keep dreaming.

Richard... are you hitting middle age or something?

Hi again, home from fence up and the only beer till Sunday night... :~( Electrician says you need an Isolation Transformer. It does something like mating the incoming and outgoing electricity sending the crud to ground. You can rent them from Electrical Contractor supply companies. I will also check with Rick B. the Production mgr.( Roadies, Stage, Equipment ) Outdoor concerts sometimes have to have back-up power generators. They produce the clean power needed. You guys from Tennessee could call Nashville yellow pages for a production company and probably get all the info you needed. Hope I helped!!! Need to go to bed. 5am isn't far away and 12 is a long time from that.. Yippie--- WE BE HAVIN' FUN NOW !!! Paul [H][:D]

Isolation transformers eh?

hmm...

Fritzie... (wasn't it you?) didn't we decide that the three I have might be too small? They are 2 prong and I THINK they're rated at something like 400 watts?

If I remember, I'll get them out & look tomorrow. Just for clarification, I do have THREE different isolation transformers however someone (I think Fritzie) said they would be too small unless I maybe used them on my cd player.

Well.. maybe that's the ticket... put some small things on them and acquire a larger one for the amps.

Will dig them out tomorrow and see what they are.

[Y]

• Moderators

That is too cool!!!

[A]

Richard... are you hitting middle age or something?

Marvel,

I think Coytee is ignoring us??????