Hope Your Day Was Better Than Mine

Arky

Ouch, ...........double Ouch,Ouch ............... Tough one, Sorry,......Hopefully, you have had that awhile, and you'll find you can get Better now, at a lower price, lot of choices out there for under $2,000. ............... Alotta' nice choices ............. Good Luck !!!!!!!!.........Gee, Arkansas Won, can't be that !!!!!!!!

ouch, how'd that happen? Were you attempting to move it and the bracket came off wall?

Nah, the fireplace was added after the house was framed. Apparantly, the studs were cut above the mantle because we didn't find any in the mounting space. I gambled & lost, which is why I gave up sports betting yrs ago. We tried to use heavy duty sheetrock sleeves & screws & I guess the sub vibrations backed them out of the wall in 3 days. I had been checking daily. Not very smart, huh?

Dee: yes Maggie is great company with the sweetest disposition i've ever seen in a dog.

Sunburn: BEC out did himself on the cornscalas. Best sound i've heard other than Jubilies, which are the Klipsch flagship. Roy out did himself there.

Coytee: I have a rptv i'll give to the 1st person who gets it out of my kitchen.

Groomslake: I don't want to screw with homeowners & besides it was my fault. I didn't even know that was Elmo, gf's kid left it.

JJ: You're right, the Samsung was 9 months old.

Johnny: Succinct as always.[:)]

Wes: Thanks. Could have been D-Mac. I'm sure you're happy it's already on the Classic.

Rob OB: You're right, i'm researching 50" Panasonics & Samsungs. Maybe $1500 after Thanksgiving.

Should have left it alone I guess but I was trying to clean up the look.

post-17658-13819349618278_thumb.jpg

Arky,

Well I can honestly say my day was better than yours. I hope insurance can help you out some. Darn shame. I sure am envious of your Cornscala's, I have lusted after these since reading about them on this forum. I would love to hear some someday. I seriously was going to build some but the pyle pro going out of production nixed that idea. Then jwcullusion (sp) and I tried to work out something on a pair he had and shipping $$ was prohibitive too. I did manage to find a nice set of Belles locally and have been very happy with them. Good luck with your new plasma! Be very careful.

Arky, I own a Panasonic 42" edtv, I like it alot, except the sound end is awful, lot of static, but I run it through my home theatre, and that solves that. Funny I have mine on a stand, and I use c-clamps on the back to clamp it to the top of the stand. Always dreamt about it getting knocked over, and your adventure makes me glad I clamped it down .............. Very sorry, you'll end up with a better set .............. and the Old Ball Coach heard you laugh at that second onside kick...... Pay Back ????

Some years ago my older brother was living me just after my divorce.  He's a smart person, a tinkerer and an alcoholic.  One morning I woke up and he had turned my Khorns backwards telling me how much better they sounded.  I awoke another morning and my 36 inch Sony Vega had migrated from its perch and dropped onto my coffee table, cables and everything still attached.  It was no flat screen and it weighed a ton.  The thing was built like a tank.  The Sony was fine but it crushed a fairly substantially built coffee table.  I had just purchased that table a year earlier and for the 1st time ever bought one of those insurance policies with a no hassle replacement coverage.  I got a new table and threw my brother out of the house.

This flat screen crash is just sickening to look at.  When we installed ours I saw to it that the mount was studded in and I added some heavy duty wall anchors in several other locations.   Because I have access to the back side wall I considered anchoring all the way through.  If you paid using a credit card it may be covered.  Sorry to see it.